Mousasi has left M1 - UFC next?

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/12/1307465/...ers-ties-with-m

http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/gegard...left-m1-global/

"After careful consideration, I have decided that it is in my best interest to part ways with M-1 Global. During the time I spent under their wing, M-1 Global, as a promoter and management company, allowed me to achieve many great things. I appreciate all they have done for me. My management is [now] being taken care of by someone close to me." /Gegard Mousasi

M-1 was his management company...he's still under contract with SF, so it wouldn't be immediate. Interesting to say the least though...if he were to sign with the UFC, no more fights in Japan.

According to previous reports (when Mousasi signed with SF) he signed a 4 fight, 2 year deal so I reckon he has 1 year left and 2 fights with an option for 3 after that.

He also has at least one year to go on his dream deal (I thought he was a confirmed entry for the summers GP?) so summer of 2011 I reckon he will be up for grabs.

This is interesting. In august somebody asked Dana to rate fighters from one to five when it came to his desire to sign them and on Mousasi he answered seven, compared to three for Aoki. At about the same time there were reports that M-1 misled Mousasi about contract offers from the UFC. Mousasi always showed interest in going to the UFC, but he also said that currently he is happy with Strikeforce.

Mousasi is going to stay with DREAM and Strikeforce for another year, although he still has to extend his contract with Strikeforce. Even if the UFC is willing to buy him out of his DREAM contract he already made clear what his plans are for this year.

Two fights; King Mo and Henderson?

I doubt that a fight between Hendo and Mousasi will take place. Hendo has said that he only wants to fight in MW (Shields, Jacare and Mayhem Miller are quality opponents) and Mousasi has stated that he is only focusing on LHW and later on HW.

I doubt that a fight between Hendo and Mousasi will take place. Hendo has said that he only wants to fight in MW (Shields, Jacare and Mayhem Miller are quality opponents) and Mousasi has stated that he is only focusing on LHW and later on HW.

Thats a shame too, cause with his Boxing and Kickboxing ability he could actually take out The Spider. Correct me if I'm wrong but Anderson hasn't fought a really good Striker since he joined The UFC, and Mousasi could definitely stand and trade with Silva or andbody in the 185lbs. or 205lbs. divisions.

Thats a shame too, cause with his Boxing and Kickboxing ability he could actually take out The Spider. Correct me if I'm wrong but Anderson hasn't fought a really good Striker since he joined The UFC, and Mousasi could definitely stand and trade with Silva or andbody in the 185lbs. or 205lbs. divisions.

maybe forrest but i lost a lot of respect after that loss

Rich Franklin

Dan Henderson

James Irvin

they any good????? mousasi is a black belt i believe but not under the nog bro's and anderson strikeing still is the best in the mma world

he made forrest a ok striker look like a little girl getting attack by a 3 year old he was murdered in that fight. he made some one with huge heart say no more please no more. anderson silva still has proven that hes the best again and again mousasi has faught people in strikeforce those are the hasbeens the new comers no pros anderson has faught them all.

maybe forrest but i lost a lot of respect after that loss

Rich Franklin

Dan Henderson

James Irvin

they any good????? mousasi is a black belt i believe but not under the nog bro's and anderson strikeing still is the best in the mma world

he made forrest a ok striker look like a little girl getting attack by a 3 year old he was murdered in that fight. he made some one with huge heart say no more please no more. anderson silva still has proven that hes the best again and again mousasi has faught people in strikeforce those are the hasbeens the new comers no pros anderson has faught them all.

First, those three strikers you mentioned. They are from from top MMA strikers. Dan is probably the best one be he has one punch. The big right. Rich and James Irvin are ok Strikers but nothing to right home about. Anderson has never faced a guy like Shogun, Machida, Lil Nog, Vitor, Rampage, Wanderlei, Overeem. Those are guys that are/were elite strikers in the MW/LHW divisions.

Second, training BJJ with the Nogs doesn't mean you have their ground game. It means you train with them. Damien Maia trains with Shogun. That doesn't mean that he has the stand up of Shogun nor does Shogun have his BJJ skills. People seem to act like a black belt from the Nog's is the end all/be all of a BJJ resume. It's not. If it was then Anderson wouldn't have been caught in a flying heel hook while at BTT.

Third, Anderson has faced them all? :rolling: If Chris Leban, Rich Franklin, and Nate Marquardt are "them all" then I agree, but their not. Anderson is the same size as almost all of the other 205ers but he cuts the extra weight to fight in the weakest division in MMA instead of fighting in the Shark Tank where he belongs. There is a damn good reason why Anderson Silva doesn't sell PPV's. Because he fights in a weak division against fighters who match up favorably for him.

185 is a pretty low quality division at the moment. It seems to be full of people who could not make it as the more prestigious 205 and many who would be a natural 185 (say GSP) can cut to 170 where they get the advantage. Therefore it is unfair to comment on either Mousasi or Silva when it comes to caliber of opponent as they have beaten what is in front of them