Am I the only one annoyed with these stupid names?

I'm completely hooked to this game and I enjoy every thing about it - Exept these stupid moron names!

I really feel disgusted when I see succesfull fighters with names like Fedor Belfort, Fedor Silva, Lyoto Machida, PJ Benn. I mean, cm'on man! It's not funny, creative or cool at all, it's just ridiculous! I hope the worst for every one of them.

Let the real fighters fight on the real world. Come up with own friggin names on mmatycoon!

hahaha to all those Cock Chestnar, Lock Besner, Georges Pierre, Pierre St-Georges of this game.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I created David Haye just to sparr with my projects.

Secondly Victor Anichebe is a footballer and there are not 20+ copies of that name on this site, so please it's not the same.

To sum up:

"Naming my fighters in ways I think is cool or fun, rules. You naming your fighters after things you think is cool or fun, is stupid and detracts from the game."

Solid argument. I say we run with it and demand some sort of magic code out of Mike to fix the naming issues. Who is with me?

My question is, are there actually any Anderson Silva/Brock Lesnar/BJ Penns out there that are actually good? It seems to be almost universally the domain of people who are not top tier managers.

To sum up:

"Naming my fighters in ways I think is cool or fun, rules. You naming your fighters after things you think is cool or fun, is stupid and detracts from the game."

Solid argument. I say we run with it and demand some sort of magic code out of Mike to fix the naming issues. Who is with me?

i think me and my one or two funny names disagree!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm completely hooked to this game and I enjoy every thing about it - Exept these stupid moron names!

I really feel disgusted when I see succesfull fighters with names like Fedor Belfort, Fedor Silva, Lyoto Machida, PJ Benn. I mean, cm'on man! It's not funny, creative or cool at all, it's just ridiculous! I hope the worst for every one of them.

Let the real fighters fight on the real world. Come up with own friggin names on mmatycoon!

Chuck "The Dean of Weed" Jardine is prolly one of the greatest names of all time. Of all time.

However I do agree with you, but not completely. The dumbest names are ones like CockO Saurus and shit like that. Now that's dumb.

Chuck "The Dean of Weed" Jardine is prolly one of the greatest names of all time. Of all time.

However I do agree with you, but not completely. The dumbest names are ones like CockO Saurus and shit like that. Now that's dumb.

CockO Saurus, one of the best names of all time. Of all time.

People are free to do what they want, but agreed I would prefer a little originality--or maybe a more obscure character's name. It's kind of difficult to take some of the joke names seriously.

It's not my cup of tea personally but whatever. If you're going to use allusions, you should probably at least have the creativity to go outside the realm of MMA, but it's not breaking any existing rules,s o whatever. Not a big problem in my mind.

I don't give other fighter's names a second thought. I'm quite sure people don't give a rat's ass whether or not I or anyone else take them seriously or approve/disapprove of their name. I've seen some clever and funny joke names, and tons of stupid/derivative ones, but at the end of the day, the people naming their fighters with unusual names don't care what I think, and I don't care about their motivation for doing it. It works out really nicely for my stress level.

I have a Dixon Ermouth. I think its pretty funny. And if there were a womens division, I would make a fighter named Pina Syankar. Why? Because penis humour makes me chuckle. Also I have a fighter named Gino Carano because someone told me he thought Gina looked like a man. In a perfect world there would probably be all "original" names, but thats not the world we live in. So you can let something insignificant like a fighter name bug you or you can choose to ignore it and climb down off your high horse and play in the muck with the rest of us.

I think it's okay to name ur fighters example Myota Lachida,but if u name him Lyoto Machida then u should get ko'd every fight that's how much i hate stuff like that even the first name i hate but better than peoples actual name.BE CREATIVE GUYS.