Wuttup DIDM

djohn

Mike should get rid of the rating if it is so seriously flawed.

You are right, i had a fight against a manager who was ranked 700th, and my opp ranking was 2200 before that fight, and after that fight it's 2600?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of DIDM, sometimes you have to piss people off to take care of nonexistent problems. He's actually a nice and intelligent guy if you stay indifferent to what he says.

Actually, there is a difference. Because I don't have a choice in the matter.

It´s hard to belive that the second best manager in the game can´t get his fighter into a good org, even if the fighter is 0-0. Come on :) Some managers may not want to fight you couse the fighter has no hype but a few would most likely step up. No?

Again though, i´m not saying you should but the choice at least for me seems to be there.

You really think Me fighting QFC's is the same as AA going out and recruiting people into his Org that basically have NO Chance at beating him and having his way with them?

Hmm. No. It´s not the same. Alltough both will get a loss, the AA guy will leave with more money in their pockets :D

It´s hard to belive that the second best manager in the game can´t get his fighter into a good org, even if the fighter is 0-0. Come on :) Some managers may not want to fight you couse the fighter has no hype but a few would most likely step up. No?

Again though, i´m not saying you should but the choice at least for me seems to be there.

Hmm. No. It´s not the same. Alltough both will get a loss, the AA guy will leave with more money in their pockets :D

Hard to believe, but no less the truth :) One of my guys that has attributed to my horrible rank via QFC's was IN an Org, and the Org owner politely asked me to take a few QFCs cuz he couldn't find opponents for him. This has happened more than couple times in the past too, it just didn't matter because it was before Comp Rating was implemented.

I mean, I don't care how long I've been training my guy, I'm not going to send him to Syn, where all the fighters have comparable skills, AND a substantial bit more experience from the 10-15 more fights they have than my dudes. So again, I could either send them to a low end org that is taking 0-0's and have him fight fighters/managers that are comparable in rank to the same ones I'm already fighting in QFC... only difference is I have to wait months to build my guys hype via Org Fights, where I could do it in a matter of a couple of weeks via QFC.

You obviously haven't looked at the contracts AA sends out. The only way you make any considerable money is by beating him.. and since he was hand-picking guys he could undeniably love the backside of, that wasn't happening.

Directly from his blog: 09 Jan 10 - HWP offer to all fighter $7,000 win bonus $200 base pay $50 sign bonus.

So maybe they make 200 bucks as opposed to 50... Wow, your fighter can now afford that kidney transplant for his mom :)

I showed an example of me even getting a bad draw on QFC's... It's not like I don't have the same chance of randoming a shitty match-up too :P

You are right, i had a fight against a manager who was ranked 700th, and my opp ranking was 2200 before that fight, and after that fight it's 2600?

I'd guess it's based on the last 20 fights which means that the change in opp rank after a fight will depend on the difference between your last opponent, and the opponent you fought 20 fights ago (who falls out of your last 20).

In defense of DIDM, sometimes you have to piss people off to take care of nonexistent problems. He's actually a nice and intelligent guy if you stay indifferent to what he says.

In defense of Didm you have to piss people off to take care of Nonexsistant Problems ??? In what universe do you live, where problems that don't even exsist have to be solved?

He's actually nice if you stay indifferent to what he says? WTF? So as long as I don't form an opinion about his statements he's amiable? LOL.

I think he was doing better without you defending him.

To humor you tho', what problem, without debating whether the problem actually exsists or not, was he trying to "take care of" by saying I fight like a pussy?

I guess Didm in his Drunken omnipotence percieved, before he even stamped my guestbook, that I would start a thread calling him out over it that would spark this Debate?

Yes, very intelligent, he works in mysterious ways.

Like I said in the OP, it can't be the QFC problem when he has his project Bob Fwapp doing the exact same thing my guys are... Or if it is that problem, perhaps his point would have come across better if he had just called himself a pussy instead?

Again Matty, I'm not really like, pissed or anything, I was so stoned when I read it I had a good laugh over it.

... But No ones going to call me a pussy, in RL or On an Internet Guestbook and not expect a reaction out of me from it. Maybe if we were friends or had some sort of repoire, but we aren't, and we don't.

The first comment he ever directed at me was an insult, if it was Tongue and cheek, he maybe should be trying to get cheeky with someone he's buddies with, cause it ain't me.

I'd guess it's based on the last 20 fights which means that the change in opp rank after a fight will depend on the difference between your last opponent, and the opponent you fought 20 fights ago (who falls out of your last 20).

Not to mention your comp rank changes every time any opponent in your last 20 wins or loses a fight.

In defense of Didm you have to piss people off to take care of Nonexsistant Problems ??? In what universe do you live, where problems that don't even exsist have to be solved?
The universe of Steeve.

There is most definitely a difference, yes. The way I see it, AA achieved "her" Comp Rank from what I view as a malicious attempt to take advantage of newer players. You, on the other hand, have displayed no malice, IMO - this is just how the game works.

My posts are intended to call out all the people who bashed AA incessantly and called for changes to the game (myself included), but refused to acknowledge that your Comp Ranking (a completely pointless identifier IMO) is just as bad currently, if not worse. Do I think that you should get the negative "slack" that AA got? No, for reasons stated above.

You had a problem with what AA did and bashed her for it.

You don't have a problem with what this guy did and haven't bashed him for it.

So why are you complaining that people are doing the exactly the same thing as you when you haven't adjusted your behavior either?

In what universe do you live, where problems that don't even exsist have to be solved?

He's actually nice if you stay indifferent to what he says? So as long as I don't form an opinion about his statements he's amiable?

I think he was doing better without you defending him.

You are almost there... I'm always surprised at how many people don't understand sarcasm.

You had a problem with what AA did and bashed her for it.

You don't have a problem with what this guy did and haven't bashed him for it.

So why are you complaining that people are doing the exactly the same thing as you when you haven't adjusted your behavior either?

I had a problem with what AA did because I saw it as malicious, but I called her out on it and called for changes to the game to not allow org owners to sign their own fighters.

I don't have a problem with what Estefan is doing because I don't see him as purposely harming newer fighters or the game, but I have called him out on being an "outlier" and I have/am calling for changes to QFCs to limit the opportunity for top managers to have their projects feast on newbs.

So, I don't understand your point. I think, beyond the fact that I see one person deserving bashing because they acted with malice while one doesn't because he isn't being malicious, that I am treating both situations similarly.

so I was looking to see how bad AA was fucking over newer managers, and I see you had her beat, by over 1 million points, so suck it up man, you fight like a pussy

so I was looking to see how bad AA was fucking over newer managers, and I see you had her beat, by over 1 million points, so suck it up man, you fight like a pussy

Sweet so you accept his challenge. These will be three good fights

I put my most recent project fighter in an org to see if I would have less of an impact on newer fighters.

Everything djohn said about putting them in an org is true. I wanted quick fights so I could see what I needed to work on, there is nothing like being able to control your fighters fight schedule. I looked around and signed with the org that had the most events scheduled. I'm still fighting fighters who are at a primary disadvantage, if not a managerial disadvantage. The only difference is that I'm getting paid more and the pace is a bit slower than I wanted.

On the other end of the coin one of my projects signed with a different org and he has had matchups where he is at least giving up advantages in one primary. His second fight is going to be tough as he gives up key primary advantages and I'm going up against a top 200 manager. Not really ideal considering I wanted to fight out about my fighters hiddens and work out some holes in his game.

So in both cases joining an org was not as convenient for me as just taking QFC's. Maybe it helped the newer players who don't have contracts with orgs, but it does suck that we've got to interrupt a fighters career trajectory to accommodate people who may or may not stick around.

In terms of solutions I'd rather see an amateur QFC. Doesn't accumulate hype, doesn't count against your record, experience gains are capped, and once you go pro you can't go back to the amateur QFC's.

I don't understand why people train the shit out of there fighters and then put them in QFC's and complain when they get caught being pussies. If you want to train a guy four months..Fine. It's allowed I don't like it but it is allowed but if you're going to do that at least but you're guy in a org fight. Even if it is just for one or two fights.

I don't understand why people train the shit out of there fighters and then put them in QFC's and complain when they get caught being pussies. If you want to train a guy four months..Fine. It's allowed I don't like it but it is allowed but if you're going to do that at least but you're guy in a org fight. Even if it is just for one or two fights.

You'll end up in a low-tier org with your 0-0 fighter, which will make no difference at all. You have no control over your opponents when you do a quick fight. Exactly how is this a bitch move? It's not like it's illegal to train. I mean, that's what most of this game is about, yes? Smashing new managers in small orgs will not solve the problem.

Let me explain it to you. A fighters hype/pop goes down over time. So an 4 month 0-0er is about as useful to a card as an 0-3er. I wouldn't put someone like that on a card. Hype/pop is everything to the org. A 4 month old project hurts a card more than it helps.

And it's not much of a fair fight to match him up against a 2 week old 0-0er, is it? Nor can you put him against a fighter of similar age who might be 4-0 b/c of the hype/pop disparity. Seen as a mismatch by the system, it will hurt your event rating.

I think you got this one wrong T

you can't put a 0-0 50,000 p4p fighter on a card of a top org it will destroy your rating .

just look at djohn's record 4 fighters in the top 100 p4p in 4 top orgs , you need to fight QFC to build your record everyone does it .

i support the idea of fighter id bracket for QFC's like 0 to 40,000 then 40 to 60 , 60,000 to whatever we're on now . the 4 wins thing is piontless cause you can have guys who are 7-5 that are a hell of a lot worse than a 1-0 project . the id bracket would not solve the problem but help it .

:drool: These grunge fight would be fun to see though

So, you made some brash ignorant assumptions, and instead of manning up, or at least saying you accept the challenge, you get on here and do it again...

Wut a stud you are... :thumbup:

I wonder how the new managers that had to fight Bob Fwapp felt.. somehow better than the ones who fought my Projects?

Why don't you suck it up? Like I said, come get you some juicy pussy.

Either that or go fuck yourself.

I'm not taking teh time to read this whole thing

so all I did was look at the opp rank page, saw AA was now in second, and saw your name on the top. I also just heard you were going to be on the radio show since you were the #2 manager. I was like WTF, this seems strange, so I left you a note on your profile. Now I come back a few days later to you crying cause I hurt your feelings?

I wish my manager could have a nickname, it would for sure be, "The Feelings Hurter"

Not to be an opportunist or anything, but HBCC will host :D

Manny I love you to death Dogg.

But I'm a training whore, and amsterdam is a LoooOOng ways away from LA.

Besides, he's not picking it up, he just popped in the thread long enough to reaffirm his contradictory nature.

I'm not taking teh time to read this whole thing

so all I did was look at the opp rank page, saw AA was now in second, and saw your name on the top. I also just heard you were going to be on the radio show since you were the #2 manager. I was like WTF, this seems strange, so I left you a note on your profile. Now I come back a few days later to you crying cause I hurt your feelings?

I wish my manager could have a nickname, it would for sure be, "The Feelings Hurter"

LOL, right, Divert from the Topic! Just keep piling it on! You don't wanna read the whole thing, so I'm guessing you conveniently skipped over the Original Post?

No one's feelings are hurt. And your lil message was about a week too late.

I just think your full of shit, and since you can't even admit, "yea, I'm full of shit, my bad" wut's up on the challenge?

Or I guess I'ma pussy for calling you out to? Seeing as how fighting your 3 guys is gonna ruin my comp rating even more since your fighters are already dropping in pairs recently.