4 fighters for basic users

Should non VIPs get 4 fighters?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should non VIPs get 4 fighters?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / care

I've been thinking about upping the limit for basic users to 4 fighters for a number of reasons.

1. I dont want new users to get bored cos they haven't got enough to do.

2. 4 to 10 fighters is still a big jump if you get VIP so I don't think it will affect VIP purchases. On the contrary I think it might actually help VIP purchases if it means new users have more to do and get engrossed in the game a bit more.

3. This will increase the number of fighters per company which will in turn help out the VIPs as well as non-VIPs.

I would guess that it will increase the number of fighters in the game by about 15%

General thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a great idea. The speed of the game doesn't bother me, but first time users such as myself need may need a couple tries to get it right. Any seeing as how you can only release a guy once every 30 days (which is a good idea btw) it would be good to have an extra.

Yes, I think that'd benefit everyone. I'm thinking about starting a fighting org, and those new fighters can help me out if i do. Trust me non-vip's that are reading this, VIP is worth it!

I'm happy with whatever decision you make. I would have stopped playing after a few weeks if I had only 3 fighters. I'm sure of that. I grant basic users the pleasure of 4 fighters as well. But I don't think it would be the smartest move to get users to sign up for VIP though.

I would never have paid a dollar more to get 10 fighters instead of 6. There are even VIP managers that don't even bother to make 10 fighters. If you look at it that way than that one extra might convince some players not to take VIP membership. And to me having more fighters is still the biggest trump card of VIP membership.

Btw I voted YES but I don't want you guys to regret it because it lost you money.

We've got 2 "no"s. Can those people PM me with their reasoning please or post in here.

I'm guessing they're not basic users. Perhaps 2 ant fuckers who'd say "if basic users get a fighter extra VIP users should get one as well!" "I want 10% of my money back for that extra fighter that I bought that's now free!"

Let them post it publicly so we can stone them to shame.

I'm guessing they're not basic users. Perhaps 2 ant fuckers who'd say "if basic users get a fighter extra VIP users should get one as well!" "I want 10% of my money back for that extra fighter that I bought that's now free!"

I partly agree with the first statement. :thankyou:

I don't know if it will be a good thing if you want to increase VIP purchase. If I had had an extra fighter I might have waited a little bit more to go VIP since I would of have a little bit more to do.

I voted that I don't know. If it helps with the grow of the site I'm for it, if not then I'm against.

I just voted no simply because I'm selfish. I bought this for a year and feel like the money I spend should be 333% extra fighters. I'm not saying that I hate when people get things for free but you might want to keep the ratio up?

Just my 2 cents.

/Miyagi

(I'm going to get so much hatemail now... be gentle)

I voted yes

If someone has 3 fighters and wants VIP they will still want VIP with 4 fighters....1 extra is barely going to quench the thirst is it really

I was one of those who said I didn't care.

I have some concerns for Mike that it may help to deter people for paying for Tycoon, but I expect it would be a minimal impact.

I just voted no simply because I'm selfish. I bought this for a year and feel like the money I spend should be 333% extra fighters. I'm not saying that I hate when people get things for free but you might want to keep the ratio up?

Just my 2 cents.

/Miyagi

I certainly value all sides of this issue, so thanks for speaking up.

What I'd say to you is that I'm going to try and make as many VIP features as possible so getting the extra fighters seems a very small part of what you get for being a VIP.

I was one of those who said I didn't care.

I have some concerns for Mike that it may help to deter people for paying for Tycoon, but I expect it would be a minimal impact.

You know that ultimately I wouldn't do anything that would stop people buying VIP. I guess this is just one of those gut decisions that I have to live by. I just think that there isn't quite enough for basic users to do and they have to wait a little too long between fights when first starting up, especially if they sign to an org straight away. The last thing I want is to lose people before they've even got going.

Just my 2 cents.

/Miyagi

(I'm going to get so much hatemail now... be gentle)

So 13.32 fighters.

You wouldn't have payed the same money for VIP if you had 4 fighters as basic user?

I think there are some obvious merits to increasing it as well, I should say.

The biggest challenge Tycoon has is to retain new signees. Keeping people interested who have a very limited number of fights can be a challenge. Increasing the numbers of fighters each new manager has will likely go towards helping that issue.