ONI - Osaka Niten Ichi (Smacktalk Thread)

Eveas

Wow the last 2 event pull great rating and the fights were just awsome, and grantz to all that won and the fighters who lose just train harder

No kidding. You guys did an awesome job. Sorry I have been out for the last 3 weeks. i will be back in 3 days and taking over the scheduling again. I will try to do some scheduling tonight since I finally have a hotel with a connection and it looks like next week isn't filled yet. As technologically advanced as japan is supposed to be I couldn't get a connection anywhere. I know my wife is from the country (Tabuse), but I traveled around. Really. I am in Tokyo the next few days before returning home, so I will be able to peek in more. Insane week of fights. You guys did awesome.

On a side note.... I didn't do the best fight wearing an ONI tee shirt award the last 3 weeks. When I get home I will be sending those out, but I cannot see what you were wearing in the past. So, just make sure you are wearing the ONI shirt in the next few days, so when I review the fights I will see your shirt. Remember, win or lose you can still be the best fighter looking good if your fight is the highest rated. But, only one may win.

"Hey freaks and geeks, Christian Wesley here filling in for your regular anchorman Destroyer of Worlds. Destroyer's Uncle Jack got stuck on his horse so while Destroyer of Worlds helps his Uncle jack off his horse, I will be delivering the fight analysis for Osaka Niten Ichi, one of the top mixed martial arts competitions in Tokyo.

The upcoming event is named ONI 18 - Mir vs Nelson and it will be taking place August seventh so we have about three days at the time of writing this. Hold onto your seats gentlemen and.. well, let's be fair, it'll be mostly dudes watching the fights.

Okay guys, check this stuff out. The first fight of the night is going to be Tetsuzan Yamashi taking on Mario Prezime. Mario is going to want to act like the cage is one of those funny green pipes with a Venus Flytrap in it and stay standing. If this fight does go to the ground, Mario is going to be hard pressed to overcome the grappling skills of Tetsuzan without a doubt. Tetsuzan is coming off an impressive two fight win streak whereas Mario is 1-1 in his recent two outings.

In the second fight of the night, Norifumi Sakuraba takes on Yoshihiro Kaziyaki. I think we're going to see Yoshihiro trying to utilize footwork and positional dominance to avoid the ground supremacy of the submission grappler that is Norifumi Sakuraba. Both men are hoping to come away with their first professional victory here.

Next we'll get to see Takanori Gomi, no relation I'm sure, taking on Karl Veneracion. This fight is so even it almost hurts- Gomi will have a very slight advantage at a striking distance and Veneracion will have an edge if the fight goes to the ground. Both men have won two fights via submission so it may be a great time for Takanori Gomi to try and shake things up a bit.

Next is Darnell Jefferson versus Shinji Kurokami. This fight is composed of two great grapplers going head to head but I can't help but think that Kurokami is greatly outgunned in this fight and will really have to step it up and reach deep in that heart if he's going to win this one. I'd love to see an upset victory here but the edge on the ground goes to Darnell Jefferson.

After the janitors get done mopping up the blood from the previous fights, Cross Lindland will be taking on Fleischkaes Aktion. Aktion prides himself in his kickboxing style and would love to put on a demonstration for us and for Lindland. Cross Lindland is going to want to bring this fight to the ground faster than you can say Bone Crusher wears a gay crown.

Next up is gonna be Maximilian Parcello taking on Thiago Mendes. I've rolled with Thiago on occasion so I can personally say that his Jujitsu is sound. What he lacks is wrestling and I expect Maximilian will try and maximize on this advantage as much as possible. His biggest advantage comes from his wrestling background although he does have decent striking as well.

Soon after that fight ends we will see Marques Jackson taking on Payne Inflikta. I'm not a betting man but if I was, I would have my money on Marques Jackson. Call it a wrestler's bias but I would bet on the wrestler nine times out of ten. In a striking contest, Marques has a slight advantage but both men have been knocked out in the past and Jackson has been submitted- a strong suit of Payne Inflikta.

Next will be Tony Lase versus Allen Key. From an old school standpoint this is a great match-up as we'll see a kickboxer take on a powerful submission wrestler. However, I could personally see Allen Key taking the larger man down early on and submitting him. Still, one big punch or kick from Tony Lase and it will be lights out for Allen Key.

In the co-main event of the evening, the bantamweight championship title is on the line. It's going to be Kinjo Sasake taking on Rodel Hiligaynon and this is going to be one hell of a fight.

Rodel Hiligaynon is an outstanding kickboxer that has won both of his previous fights using a combination of explosive punches and kicks. Rodel has a little of everything- wrestling, Jujitsu, but he specializes in is striking.

And his opponent: the undisputed, undefeated, ONI bantamweight champion of the world... Kinjo "Zero" Sasake! Kinjo has won two of his three fights by way of submission. He will be coming into this fight with great wrestling and a brown belt in Brazilian Jujitsu. One thing is for sure- if he can get this fight to the ground, he is going to dominate Rodel Hiligaynon without question.

I've taken the time to personally interview both of these warriors about this exciting match-up. Here's what they had to say...

First I interviewed the champion, Kinjo Sasake. Here's the important bits of the interview for your reading pleasure:

Wesley: How are you feeling about your upcoming match with Rodel Hiligaynon?

Sasake: Training has been going well and I am always improving. Rodel is a tough opponent, but my coaches and I have a solid gameplan going into the fight and I'm not worried about his striking abilities.

Wesley: Your opponent is obviously a talented striker with decent defensive wrestling abilities but he's never faced an opponent of your caliber. Do you think the step up in competition will prove to be too much for him?

Sasake: I'm just going to go in there and do my job and I'm sure he feels the same way. We'll see what happens.

Wesley: Got anything to say to the fans around Tokyo and around the world that will be cheering you on?

Sasake: I'd like to thank the fans for their support. Without you, none of this would be possible. I'll bring you home another arm, Tokyo!

Next I spoke with the challenger, Rodel Hiligaynon:

Wesley: How you feeling with your match-up with champion Kinjo Sasake?

Hiligaynon: It's a very tough match-up. His superior BJJ skills poses a real problem that I have to game my way around to be successful in this fight.

Wesley: This fight is a huge step up in competition for you. How do you think you're going to handle being in the big show, the co-main event?

Hiligaynon: It's a little faster than expected but management needed someone to step up and take the fight and I'm not one to back down from a fight. Personally I'm feeling okay not too many butterflies yet.

Wesley: Got anything to say to the fans that will be attending this event or watching from their homes around the world?

Hiligaynon: Look forward to a great fight. I know I am!

It should be a great fight indeed between two great warriors. Next we're moving on to the main event of the evening. This will be a non-title fight in the heavyweight division. Roy Nelson versus Frank Mir.

Frank Mir is a Brazilian Jujitsu expert with a total record of three wins with no losses. All of his wins have come by way of submission. This fight will serve as Frank Mir's ONI debut and I'm sure he'll be looking to make a big statement by submitting his opponent early.

Roy Nelson is also an expert in Brazilian Jujitsu with a total record of three wins and one loss. His three wins came by submission and his sole defeat came at the wrong end of a doctor stoppage following a barrage of strikes. Nelson has gone undefeated since stepping into the ONI cage having won both of his official fights under the promotion."

Yo this is Kenny from Sports Insider again and were going to get a quick opinion from a up an coming fighter Hyun Kim

Kenny: Hyun you are coming off a 4 win streak, and 3 out of those 4 are coming from submission but all that a side how to you feel about your up coming fight against former champ Wiang?

Hyun: Kenny to answer you question is simple, Wiang lose to a better fight an that fighter was Soral who's currently the champ. This fight against Wiang will hopefully put me in the top ranking of the 155 division or get be a title shot, im looking past Wiang he's just another victim on my resume.

Kenny: Wiang was a former champ afterall but to said " im looking past him " is a really bold statement.

Kenny: Will here another question how are you going to handle Wiang?

Hyun: From the videos i watch of Wiang he as no knock power even if he a striker so i might bang with him if i feel he a threat when he hiting me im going go to the floor and lay waste on his A##. period end of story.

Kenny: This match up is a worst nightmare for Wiang since he fighting a fighter who's like to go the ground and do some damage either from a quick submission or GnP. Plain and simple whats your goal in this fight?

Hyun: Mmmmmm.......well i have to win by a finish either a Ko, Tko, or Submission, if i don't i truly don't deserve to get a title shot at all, and all in all to not let this fight go to the judges

Kenny: well hyun thanks for your opinion on your match up against Wiang

Kenny: An this bring our segment to an end thanks for tuning in. This is Kenny from Spooooorrrrts Insider. In till next time folks (Da** i need my self a drink) :notworthy: :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Soral Punkass talks about his title defense:

Interviewer: In a few days, You will be defending your belt to what they called "Ace" Mark Scylla. What are your thought about the clash of the both of you?

Soral: Mark is an intelligent player. If he is threatened by a stand up fighter, He will put the game into the ground and vice versa. But intelligence is for chess player only, Why don't we play chess. Maybe he can beat me there. (chuckle) :lol:

Interviewer: What a funny joke you got there. According to record, His only loss was from the AJFC welterweight champ Peewee Herman. And he is coming from a 4 streak win, What are your thoughts about your dangerous foe?

Soral: As I say, He is an intelligent foe. He has a knockout power and a purple belt jiu jitsu practitioner. If that is enough to end my 5 streak win then so be it. :lol:

Interviewer: You are a very humble and funny champ. What are your plans and preparations in your defense?

Soral: I practice 6 days a week and seldom rest. I spar with many talented fighter in ZED'S LAB (Elite standup training). I also train my jiu jitsu to be ready for his ground game. I am planning to bring fireworks. It is easy as that because my fans love me when I am doing that.

Interviewer: Well said, Goodluck at your defense and hope you win for more booze.

"...and in our next segment, we're going to have an interview with ONI fighter Richard Tavi. Richard, most of you may know him as Rikki Tavi, currently fights in the light-heavyweight division of Osaka Niten Ichi in Tokyo."

Interviewer: Hello Mr. Tavi, how are you doing?

Tavi: I'm splendid actually. Things are moving along very smoothly for me and I'm pretty happy with how I'm progressing.

Interviewer: You're fighting Krazyie Bone in a few weeks here, right? How do you approach a fight like that?

Tavi: It's funny that you ask that because he and I are essentially very evenly matched in most aspects of the fight game. I know that if I choose to take the fight to the ground, he would be more than happy to go down with me and try to tie me up in a crazy submission technique. If I decide to clinch with him, he'll slide right into dropping knees on my plexus. If I so happen to decide to stand and trade with him, he'll probably be okay with that as well. It's going to be a tough fight no matter how I go about it though.

Interviewer: Aren't you a bit afraid? I mean, you're going against the former champion. He's obviously a dangerous fighter and he has a lot of great finishes. How does that effect your preparation for this fight?

Tavi: I don't get enough of that one. I talk to fans on the street and stuff and everybody gasps when I tell them who I'm fighting next. I just laugh and shrug at them because really he's just a man like me. We both shave in the morning, we both presumably urinate standing up straight. Why should I be afraid of him or anyone for that matter?

Interviewer: Well, you've had some issues with dominant strikers in the past..

Tavi: I got beaten by a boxer with some good skills behind him. I was out of my game plan and I got caught, it happens to everyone, it can happen to me. If I had stuck with my game plan and clinched with him to a three round decision or a technical knockout, fans would be in awe of my undefeated streak. However, I'm of the firm belief that everything happens for a reason. I lost that fight when I was undefeated and I felt that I could do anything to anybody. I got cocky and I paid dearly for my mistake.

Tavi: Since that defeat, I went back to the basics and worked to improve my overall game. I'm choking out purple belts in training, I'm taking down more experienced wrestlers, and I'm kickboxing with some of the top guys in Tokyo. I've also reworked my strength and conditioning training. The results are obvious: I've gone 2-0 since then and earned a shot at one of the toughest fighters in all of Japan. I believe that in a rematch right now, Krayzie Bone would obliterate Bone Crusher. He's an excellent fighter and he learns quickly so I have no doubt that his takedown defense is better than it's ever been in his life. With his loss, he evolved from a dangerous striker to an intelligent ground fighter- a mixed martial artist.

Interviewer: You mentioned that you've been working on kickboxing. How is that coming along?

Tavi: Well, I've learned a bunch of new combinations and strikes that might help me in this fight. Everything I do needs to be to set up a different technique. Going for a takedown when he kicks or throwing a punch and leading it into a takedown attempt.

Interviewer: Would you really want to go to the ground with Krayzie Bone?

Tavi: Absolutely I would. I may not go for any submissions but I understand submissions very well. I know what to look for and what to avoid- I highly doubt Krayzie Bone will be able to submit me at his level. While he wiggles around beneath me, I'll be dropping bombs on his chin and trying to knock him out Marcus Jones style.

Interviewer: How has Christian Wesley been handling his loss to Krayzie Bone?

Tavi: Honestly? He almost retired himself to a coaching position to help new fighters with their wrestling. He stopped training altogether for a while but now he's back and he's isolated himself with a great boxing coach. He's trying to reinvent himself as some kind of striker I think but it's really hard to say at this point.

Interviewer: Got anything else to say before we wrap this up?

Tavi: Well I'd like to say to all the new fighters out there: don't give up! When I started out, I was a wrestler with no striking skills and no ground game. I had basic clinching skills and a little ground and pound. I nearly retired before my first official fight. I was hired by IPPON and I sat down with the promoters and told them I probably couldn't cut it in this level of competition. They asked me to give it a try and promised me that I could walk away if at any time I decided that I was in over my head.

Tavi: I'll never forget that first fight: Luis Gutierrez. I bullied him against the fence, took him down pretty easily and really had no idea what to do from there. I pounded away at the dude and tried out some of the submissions that I'd seen the other guys trying in the locker room before the fight. He was a tough dude and he hung in there but he didn't really have a chance to stop me. Then it was Anderson Silva, a muay Thai fighter with a small clinch game of his own. By that point I had decided I would stay with my Greco-Roman and bully opponents against the fence- and it paid off. Anderson couldn't budge me and had a lot of trouble landing his wicked elbow and knee strikes with his back to the cage.

Tavi: The loss to Dante Killza was necessary for me to progress as a fighter. I've learned not only to stick with a solid game plan but mix things up so I'm not predictable. I guarantee you right now that Krayzie Bone's camp thinks they know my game plan but I assure you, they have no idea what I'm going to do in this fight. I intend to try and surprise him on fight night. Maybe he'll surprise me though? He beat up my buddy Christian though so I need to pull this one off for Chris.

Interviewer: Would you say that the winner of this fight earns a title shot?

Tavi: Absolutely. Who else is there besides Krayzie Bone? Every fan has his poster and t-shirt right now. He's the guy to beat and he's sort of clearing out this division. He just needs to get through me and I guarantee you that he'll be facing Bone Crusher in no time. There's always that one big yearly upset though and if I was a fan at home and I wanted some sound advice it would be to never rule out the underdog. I'm definitely the underdog in this fight and contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take all the pressure off me. People will be looking to see if I can perform where everyone else is falling short. So yeah, if I beat Krayzie Bone, I fully believe that a title shot is earned because this guy is going to [censored due to explicit language] me up in this fight... if I win, I need to take a little time to recover but I'll be looking forward to a competitive fight against Bone Crusher.

Interviewer: And if you lose?

Tavi: I'll be pumping gas at Texaco again probably. No, but I'll need time to recover and evaluate my training position. Short of a five second lightning knockout, I don't see why I should get dominated in this fight at all. If that happens, it's back to the drawing boards and back to the gym.

Interviewer: And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Rikki "Tikki" Tavi who will be facing off with Krayzie Bone presumably for the ONI light-heavyweight #1 contendership.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1282332312ONIFighter.jpg

We have a great night of fighting ahead of us this evening. ONI Fighter is moving into round 2 and looks to have some nasty battles. We also have a guest main event with Soral Punkass defending his lightweight title against Mark Scylla. Soral has shown in the past he is nearly impossible to submit, and with the addition of his new purple belt he will be even tougher on the ground. His real advantage is his Muay Tai skills, so look for him to take this into the clinch or fire off some vicious head kicks. Scylla is a proficient boxer, so he may look to let his hands fly, but he also has an advantage in the wrestling department. This could be anyone's fight.

Ryosuke Takahashi vs Forrest Gr at middleweight looks on paper to be a very tight match and they have similar records. But, both fighters had a tough camp and sources say they may already be a little worn down. Takahashi also suffered the loss of his toy poodle, Skiddles, so he might be a little distracted with the moral hit. Both fighters are ground specialists, so even the slightest loss in energy could spell doom. Takahashi has the slightly better wrestling while Gr edges him out in BJJ.

Sakuraba vs Heizel is a fight to see in this round of the tounament. Sakuraba is coming off a loss and looks like he just falls short about anywhere this fight goes. But, sources close to Chris Thuni of Grappling Pro Fitness where Heizel trains say the gym does not even have a single coach. This 19 year old has been getting an early start on the basics sparring non-stop, but not having coaches to hone the finer points may just spell doom if the 22 year old Sakuraba has trained well. Never read a book by it's cover.

Main Event

155 lbs Soral Punkass v Mark Scylla 155 lbs title

Co-Main Event

185 lbs Ryosuke Takahashi v Forza Gr

205 lbs Tetsuzan Yamashi v Jay Yap

Undercard

185 lbs Darnell Jefferson v Helmy Abu Basha

170 lbs Jerzy Kowal v Kaoklai Kaoklai Kaennorsing

170 lbs Jason Myers v Georges St Pierre

Preliminary

170 lbs Norifumi Sakuraba v Matt Heizel

170 lbs Daisuke Hirase v Crocker Tubbs

170 lbs Manunu Igi v Andrei Arkadeyevich

170 lbs Yoshihiro Kaziyaki v Andres Bonifacio

ONI Fighter 2 was a rousing success. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. Kaoklai Kaoklai Kaennorsing impressed us all with a stunning upset over Jerzy Kowal to move him into round 3 of the tournament. Matt Heizel also scored a first round TKO against Norifumi Sakuraba. He showed hints of future greatness. Can he be the one to win it all in the end?

Soral Punkass with the upset loss to Former Champ Mark Scylla:

Interviewer: What are your thoughts regarding your loss to the "Ace"?

Soral: First, I want to say this that he is a better man tonight. I give it my all but his fists are faster than mine. Second, That doesn't mean he is a better fighter than me. There is always what they called "luck. Third, I want to know what the f**k happened? He is afraid that I will come back again and more powerful that I can beat his ass that I will shut his mouth in a 5 second knockout? He wants a better competition then show me what he got in this division. MY DIVISION. Not going up in weight and fighting amateurs. Is he a champ or a bully? I am so pissed what happened. And lastly, Thanks to Mr. Kojiro Sasaki for having trust on me and make me back in a title match. This time I have plenty of time to work out in Zed's Lab. I will continue my training more and beat whoever I will face and wait for Scylla to back and step up like a man.

Interviewer: I should get out of here. You look pissed.

Soral: Yes, I am so f*** off!

This is Kenny again from Sports Insider. We are going to get a interview with Hyun Kim who's going to fight Soral Punkass in Oni's upcoming event at Oni 22.

Kenny: Sup bro

Hyun: Yo :mellow:

Kenny: So Hyun currently there's a lot of talk about Scylla who was a Former Oni 155 title holder who suddenly decide to join with another org due to internal problems in the Org, whats your opinion on this matter?

Hyun: Well honest from what i heard i think Kojiro did the right think, due to the fact there's no one in the 170 division that could beat Scylla. So personally i think Scylla is another chicken shit that didn't want to step to the plate and get his A** handed to him by me or Soral.

Kenny: Why did you mention Soral for?

Hyun: Soral is one tough SOB, due to the fact that he coming from a loss to Scylla and want another shot at that Candy A** called "The Ace"

Kenny: You most have a lot of respect for Soral?

Hyun: It's more of a mutual respect from an fighter aspect of the game. Dont get me wrong Soral is a cool dude outside of the cage/ring but once we get in that cage/ring there;s only two option. option a is to beat the shit out of the other guy or option b to get the beat shit out of yourself.

Kenny: Final question here, whats your gameplan going in to this fighter against a heavy favor fighter who has the knockout power and who can do damage off his back?

Hyun: Well Kenny i know i didn't live up to my last fight when i said that i would try to stand but with Soral whole different level. Soral does have that knockout power but if i caught him making a mistake im going to make him paid for it, im not saying im go out there bang with the guy for the next 25 min of my life but there will be a period of time we going to exchange but if he's getting better of the exchange it's time to jump ship, when i said that i mean by trying a takedown or pull guard cause i see Soral trying to clinch a little bit so in till.

Kenny: An this bring our segment to an end, thanks for tuning in. This is Kenny from Spooooorrrrts Insider. In till next time folks

Our mystery man MR. Interviewer in his webcam chat with the former champ Soral Punkass:

Interviewer: Hyun blogs has a lot of views in the internet for the last f***ing hours. Is it because he accept your fight and try to talk sh!t about you?

Soral: What is a blog? goddamnit.

Interviewer: Hmmm, It is like a website in the internet. It just like facebook or something.

Soral: What the hell. Forget about that. I am grateful that Hyun accept the fight not like the as$hole that I know who run away like a queer cat. I have a huge respect to that guy. He is unbeatable in the octagon but I will give him a gift. His first loss.

Interviewer: Ohhhh. Hyun that he will make your surname changed from punkass to chimpass. What are your thoughts about that?

Soral: ..... I hate my surname. ..... well, I am so f***ing piss off. I'm gonna go to Zed's Lab and train harder and I will gonna kick his ass out. huhuhu... Punkass... Chimpass...

Interviewer: Ok. Better be off the air.

Yo this your boy Dj Nasty from 107.8 the law. Today we got a special guest who's been fighting since the age of 18, HYUN KIM!

Dj Nasty: Yo Hyun, im been watching you since your first fight at Oni Fight Night 2.

Hyun: Ty, without the fans im wouldn't be were im at right now

DJ Nasty: Hyun you have the biggest fight of your career coming up so, how to you feel man?

Hyun: i wouldn't said i feel the greatest but im okay but once that cage door there's only 2 fighters but only 1 can come out, of course that's going to be me holding that belt around my waist

Dj Nasty: Wow big words, Hyun you are coming off a great win over former champ Wiang, whats your thoughts on Soral?

Hyun: Soral one hell of a fighter but im going out there to win by any means necessary, while its a submission, ko,tko or a decision im cool with that cause at the end of the day i want to be the one holding that title.

Dj Nasty: Hyun Your only 19, for the last year you have fought 4 times thats not including the win over Wiang, how can fighter someone who have 12 fights 8 of them are wins?

Hyun: Well im out for blood, Soral says he's training his A** off well im in cruise control

Dj Nasty: cruise control? Can you go into more detail?

Hyun: Sure, im do Soral like Chael Sonnen did to Anderson Silva. I'm going to put Soral on his a** and grind away on him throws hammer fists and if i find and opening for a submission o'Hell yea im going for it.

Dj Nasty: Hyun thanks for coming by and telling us how you feel about Soral. In till next time folks this is Dj Nassssssty form you 107.8 the law

Wesley: Hello everybody, I just want to start this quaint little interview by saying that my name is Christian Wesley and I'm back. Christian Wesley is back and he's coming to a cage near you. I'll be interviewing my buddies in the fight team we've started, we have a new addition to the fight team and I'm sure he'd love to say a few words here.

Wesley: We'll start with you Rikki, how's your training going?

Tavi: My training is going fantastic. We're moving into the final stages of my camp right now as you know and I'm going to try to come out and surprise a few people in this fight.

Wesley: Now, Krayzie Bone has always been a fairly quiet fighter. He doesn't say much to the media or to fans about his fights. How do you stay motivated to fight such an opponent?

Tavi: Well, I'm not driven by constant arguments and trash talk like you are, Chris. I have two motivating factors in mind whenever I hit the pads or roll with my Jujitsu coach right now. Number one is the big reason- Krayzie Bone is a former champion and is still the most dominant fighter in the ONI light-heavyweight division. A win over Krayzie, in my mind, merits a shot at Bone Crusher and that belt. However, he did beat you after a fairly close fight some time ago and that makes it personal. I need to avenge my buddy's loss, you know? Soldiers find themselves fighting not for themselves but for the guy in the fox hole next to them.

Wesley: Okay well I certainly wouldn't mind getting another shot at Krayzie Bone in the future. Boxing is becoming my new love. I spend all of my time boxing now and soon I'll be back and I'll be a force to be reckoned with. Let's have a word with the newest member of our little fight squad, Roy Nelson. Roy, what's happening?

Nelson: Hey man, how's it going? Good to be working with you guys.

Wesley: It's great to work with you as well. You're taking on Paul Bear in six days, how does that make you feel?

Nelson: I feel fine with it, ONI needed somebody to fight Paul and I had just beaten Frank Mir so it made sense for me. You had Randy Henderson who I think had potential to challenge Paul Bear if he had just avoided that big punch and went for a takedown. Infact at this point, I think the biggest challenge looming in the distance for my future title defense will probably be Randy. A great kickboxer, a great wrestler, and he knows a little about Jujitsu. That should be an exciting fight.

Wesley: Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself? You're a week away from fighting for the title and you're talking about your first damn defense?

Nelson: It's never too early to start weighing out your options, man. That's why it's called planning ahead. Thanks to you guys I've met Destroyer of Worlds and I don't think he could have done much different to avoid that big early punch. You have to be a decent enough wrestler with some talent in taking mofos down to tangle with Paul Bear at this point in his career. I'll be honest with you, if I was one of the fans and I was seeing the enormous Paul Bear standing next to a little chubby Roy Nelson, I wouldn't bet on me to win this one either.

Wesley: Then why should any fans put their money on you?

Nelson: Always bet on the underdog, man. I'm not doing this for the money, I'm doing this because I love to do it. Plus, I've met Destroyer of Worlds as I said before. He's a pretty cool dude to talk to and hang out with. I've had to watch the very short fight between Destroyer and Paul a few times to look for openings in Paul's attack.. it hasn't been easy for me to go through that again and again. Hey, if anything, I'll be looking for a little vengeance for Destroyer here. Maybe I'll splice that belt in half and throw him a scrap of the strap.

Wesley: I'm sure he'd love that. Thanks for your time Roy!

Unfortunately for MMABR, despite most of their members having nothing to do with this, that name is fairly tainted at this point. You recently sent me a contract offer, just after I rejected a 15k/5k/5k offer from Superfights. This is for a 4-2 fighter coming off a loss with fighter id 77000, my second fighter ever created. Taking the MMABR tag off the org may be a benefit to you, it's why I rejected your offer, and probably why others would too. I won't accept any MMABR offers based on principle.

I tend to ramble, so I am editing this to be more to the point. The message above is one of many I have gotten recently. I was never a part of any of that MMABR/Superfights drama. Anyone involved is getting banned, so the fact I am still here should say something. But, being in the alliance was directly causing me to have troubles signing fighters to ONI. The quote says it all. So, I have quit MMABR and removed their initials from everything. I refused to turn our org into Superfights - Tokyo when asked, because I poured too much into it to make ONI my own. It was like a part of me. The same goes for now. The org is more important and therefore I decided this would be an easy choice.

Our last sports writer, Tamel Moultrie, unfortunately had to retire due to personal reasons. He still has fighters in ONI and is a valuable team member but just did not have the time to devote to writing the previews and followups anymore. Daking has been great picking up some of the slack. I have officially hired a new sports writer, so I look forward to seeing his new reviews and previews. Please, give a warm welcome to Ian Pingshaw.

Here in Toyko this weekend will be ONI 20 all will be here to see it as we will have many great fights. This event is brought to you by ONI Bets and Koffin inc (london). This event is highlighted by the matchup of Bear vs Nelson in the main event. Hi I'm Ian "The Master" Pingshaw and i will give you my opinion on who will these fights and which rounds. I might just help you with your decision which fighter to pick on ONI Bets. Here you go

265+ Super Heavyweight match Ulf “Battle Axe” Gurnisson(1-2-0) vs Bobby “Boss” Lashley (0-1-0)

Ian “The Master” Pingshaw’s Pick: This fight is going to be a good one we got a balanced fighter Ulf Gurnisson and the Remarkable Wrestler Bobby Lashley. This fight can certainly go the distance and end with a decision. One of the most important factors is the reach difference as Gurnisson as has a way bigger reach than Lashley. Lashley has the power and the confidence to do well in his career but he will not win this one. I believe that Gurnisson will come out with his hand raised screaming and yelling after a TKO knockout in the 2nd round

265 Heavyweight match Jimmy "one eye" Jones(0-0-0) vs War "War Machine" Machine(0-4-1)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight is going to be a fast and a quick one. Jimmy Jones will come into this one and dominate this one will not be close. They both love to box but Jones is the better boxer. Jones also has the reach advantage which is very important in the standup game. Machine has power but it wont help him because tactilely he is very bad and jones will take advantage of that. Joneswill come out with is hand rasied and his first victory after a 1st round TKO victory

145 Featherweight match Fleischkaes Aktion (4-3-0) vs Akihiro "The A-Bomb" Murakami (1-4-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight is going to better then people may think as Aktion has the skills and intangibles but tactilely Murakami has the advantige despite his 1-4 record he has had time to learn how to win fights and I think that will help. Aktion needs to stay off the ground if he is going to win this because his Muay Thai is very very good. This fight can go the distance and I think it will as I pick Murakami by decision. He will stay in this and with no big reach advantige I don't think Aktion can win

265+ Super Heavyweight match Allan Key(3-3-0) vs Tony "Viking" Halme(2-2-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight is going to be very good match these fighters are pretty even and this will be good. Halme is a very balanced fighter but he will be facing a ground specialist anf he will have to stayoff the ground because as soon as he hits the floor Key will beat him as Key is a great ground fighter. This fight will be great becuase I think Key is a better fighter but he will be challeged because I think Halme will stay off the ground. In the end I think Key will win by Submission.

135 bantamweight match Kinjo "Zero" Sasake(3-1-0) vs "The Dragunov" Preston Schmidli(3-3-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: Not much to say here as Kinjo will come out and tap Schmidli out. Kinjowilleasily win thise fight and it should be fast as a first round submission is in place here

135 bantamweight match Noriaki Ueyama(4-1-0) vs Gregorio "Boy General" Del Pilar(2-0-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight is so great as Ueyama is one of the most balanced fighters in ONI but Del Pilar is a great boxer who can exploit his opponents weaknesses. These 2 fighters have had wonderful fighting and are ready for fighting. This fight can go the distance as both of these fighter can make damage but it won't.... In the end I think Del Pilar will in by TKO in the 3rd round

205 Light Heavyweight match Krayzie "Wont Be Long" Bone(7-1-0) vs Rikki "Tikki" Tavi(4-1-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight will not be as great as everyone might think i think it is a guarenteed win and i will tell you why then who. Tavi is on a win streak of 2 matches and looks like a whole new fighter since his last loss. He is great on the ground and is ok during the stand up portion of thematch but he will not win as Bone is really great on the ground and good during standup and he will win by TKO in the 2nd round.

145 Featherweight match cross "wanted" lindland(5-4-0) vs Nelio "Lagartixa" dos Santos(4-4-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: This fight consists of 2 submission specialist who are ready to fight each other.This fight will end fast each person can win it really depends on who can get the most sub attemps and in the end I think Lindland will win by submission in the first round

145 Featherweight title fight Anderson "1 Kick" Edgar(6-1-0) vs "The Buzzsaw" Kamaneto Funaki(3-0-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: Here it is the Featherweight title fight but it won't really be competitive as Edgar will tap him out and fast this fight will be very fast 1st round SUB as Edgar keeps the title

265 Heavyweight title fight "Big" Paul Bear(10-7-0) vs "Big Country" Roy Nelson(4-1-0)

Ian "The Master" Pingshaw's Pick: One key factor whos game we playing if Bear can stay up he will win and if Nelson stays on the ground he will win as the fighters are exact opposites. Bear is the favorite to fany people while Nelson is he underdog. I think Bear will win just because he is very powerful and he will smash Nelson in the 4th round TKO and bear keeps the title

I have finally caught up on all the lookin' good rewards that got behind due to my vacation. Today, no one was wearing our shirt. I will name all the winners from most recent to the day I left. Each award is worth $1000. I added in bonuses for those who won wearing the ONI shirt without getting the highest ranked fight as compensation for taking so long to catch up. Also, normally if there is a tie I chose the most impressive fight, but this time all involved in the tie were awarded.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1272045422OniOfficial.jpg

ONI Fighter - Season 2 Ep. 2 : Soral Punkass

ONI 19 - Hug vs Dawg : Bart Blackman

ONI Fight Night 9 : Imastar Roidereem

ONI 18 - Mir vs Nelson : N/A

ONI Fight Night 8 : Imastar Roidereem

ONI 17 - Bone vs Kim : Soral Punkass & bonus to John Batista

ONI Fighter - Season 2 Ep. 1 : N/A

ONI 16 Edgar vs Aoki : Elliot Ness

ONI Fight Night 7 : BJ Powers

ONI 15 - Factor vs Suokuokka : Waltari Suokuokka

ONI Fight Night 6 : Soral Punkass, John Batista, & Imastar Roidereem. Bonus to Jimmy Joe.

ONI 14 - Takahashi vs Andrade : Jose Ladeia

If you are reading this and wondering how you too can get in on this extra cash it is simple. Wear the official ONI tee shirt during your fight and put on an exciting fight. Best fight wins. If no one wearing the shirt wins, I check the losers. So, you can still win money in spite of a loss. The official ONI shirt can be found at Koffin Inc in London.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1282711174ONI20.jpg

Lookin' Good: N/A

Fight of the night: Rikki Tavi vs Krayzie Bone

KO of the night: Paul Bear

Sub of the night: Nelio dos Santos

Saturday Night was a great night for fighting. Paul Bear proved once again he is a beast. Is there anyone who can take on this heavyweight phenom? All it took was 8 seconds against Roy Nelson to prove there is more to Paul Bear than what we see on the surface. Decisions were a rarity as most fighters were clearly looking to finish or get finished trying. Rikki Tavi and Crazy Bone put on a clinic. Crazy Bone didn't look to stand with Tavi and took him down the first chance he got. From the onset it was obvious Bone's gameplan was to improve position until he could lock on a submission. Tavi took a different path. He chose to swing until something broke. In the end what broke was Bone's will and he was forced to tap due to strikes. Both fighters put their souls on the line making this the fight of the night.

Kamaneto Funaki unseated Anderson Edgar to become our new lightweight champion via kneebar. Gregorio Del Pilar also deserves special recognition as he has earned himself a bantamweight title shot against Rodel Hiligaynon to be held at ONI 25. It is the first PPV fight that has been scheduled. Both fighters jumped at the chance and have already accepted. These are two really exciting fighters, so I look forward to a great show.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1282711896FNL10.jpg

Lookin' Good: Bone Crusher

Fight of the night: Destroyer Of Worlds vs Elliot Ness

KO of the night: Tony Lase

Sub of the night: Bone Crusher

Sunday Night Fights showcased some impressive match-ups. Sidney Crosby is the first fighter to ever make it out of the 1st round with Bone Crusher. Had this been a non-championship fight Crosby would have easily won a decision after the third round, but in a championship fight the action doesn't stop after the third round. He eventually succumbed to a triangle in the 4th round. This fight was fast paced and garnered awesome crowd reviews. Destroyer of Worlds was impressive in his decision victory over Elliott Ness. Both fighters were completely tapped for energy by the end, but Destroyer had a reserve tank hidden in his corner and managed to pull through. He showed some serious heart. Sean Cote also managed to wow viewers with a 28 second TKO over Thomas Gracie. BJJ only works if you can take the other guy down before he knocks your head off. This was a perfect example of that.

Special consideration goes to Tony Lase. His KO of the night has earned him a title shot at ONI 25 PPV against Andy Hug. Both fighters have never put on a boring fight. Hug won their first encounter, but Lase is the more experienced and older fighter. He has trained hard and beaten everyone we have thrown at his since their last run in. This is only the second fight I have chosen for the PPV, but it looks like it will either be the main event or co-main event. At the moment I am leaning towards top billing. These guys are just plain exciting to watch. I am in love with the shows our super heavyweight class have been putting on. I could pick any two fighters at random and it would rate 100%. This is the class to look out for.

A message from Rikki Tavi to ONI's fighters and fans...

"Okay guys, talking smack isn't really my style but I need to come clean and say what's on my mind. There are quite a few guys above me on the light-heavyweight roster but I don't see any that can stop me right now. The absolute biggest dog in the division is Krayzie Bone right now and I managed to overcome him when nobody thought I could do it.

That leaves me with three logical opponents that I can face next. I personally feel that Bone Crusher and I have a lot in common and would make for a great contest in the future. First of all, we've both had a fairly easy run of opponents in the past. We all know that I should have beaten Dante Killza and that I showed my immaturity as a fighter when I failed to do so. Secondly, arguably the toughest opponent of our careers has been Krayzie Bone. He is a tough S.O.B and I mean it, he managed to take me down in the first round much more easily than I would have liked.

If Bone Crusher isn't my next opponent, I would love to face Tetsuzan next. He's a pretty decent wrestler with great finishes. The fact of the matter is, Tetsuzan won't be able to stop Bone Crusher. Waltari Suokuokka is a talented boxer and he got an early win using a submission hold so he's pretty varied in his offenses.. but he won't be able to finish Bone Crusher either.

David Wilkins is a great striker, has a ground game.. he couldn't even take Crusher out of the first round. The recurring theme in all of Bone Crusher's opponents is that none of them know how to out wrestle him. His next opponent ought to be an opponent that can out strike him on the feet and out work him on the ground. I'll leave the judgments on who that could possibly be to you, the fans."

We have our 1st four sponsors for ONI 25 PPV. Battalion Athletics in Montreal will give $1000 to the "of the night" winners on top of the bonus I will be giving. Terror Triton in New York has also pledged to give the Terror Trio (155Q stamina,muscle,recovery) to all involved in the event. Koffin Inc - London has a standing commitment to give the official ONI tee shirt to award winners for every event including ONI 25. This will be a great event, and thanks to these companies for being a part of it. BLKOUT Clothing - Las Vegas has also pledged $500 and a free tee shirt to the "of the night" winners.

Edit: Koffin Inc decided to up their usual award by creating custom skin for the fighter of the night and giving them a free set of 5. The fighter will be chosen by Koffin Inc.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1280720623battalioncopy.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1282147845terrorlogo.gifhttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1271097649KoffinClothing.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/GeasusMaximus/blkoutcc-1.jpg

Add a new PPV sponsor to the list. Umbrella Corp - Tokyo is happy to see us supporting Tokyo and decided to join in the fun. The official amount of their commitment is yet to be decided, but I will let you know. They are tossing around a few ideas at this time. Great 159 quality drugs for a nice low price right here in our back yard.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1280851939Umbrella2.png

Edit: $3k to the FotN winner.

Add Hell's Kitchen - New York to the list. They have promised $1000 to the winner of any match involving a title for ONI 25. The title must actually be on the line. Two title defenses are already scheduled, and one more is in consideration, but we have plenty of room still on the card.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1272843486HK%20Lab%20Corp.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1283366060ONI25.jpg

Donkey Punch has joined in from Rio. $500 for the quickest sub of the night.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1283363061dp.jpg