PWNAGE Clothing looking to sponsor TUF-Style show

PWNAGE Clothing is looking to sponsor a The Ultimate Fighter type show in MMA Tycoon. This would feature 8 or 16 fighters in the same weight class. Each fighter must be created on the same day to guarantee fairness. Fights must take place every 2-4 weeks with all fighters on each card. Each Manager may only have 1 fighter. This will be a tournament with seedings selected by random. The winner of the tournament will either get a title or a title shot (depending on the org). I'm also toying with the idea of having all fighters train at the same gym, but this will be tough to pull off.

Here is what I need:

1. An org to host the events, book the fights, and sign the fighters.

2. 8-16 managers willing to use a vacant spot on their roster to create a new fighter

3. Other companies, i.e. nutrition, gyms, bookies, that might be interested in getting involved with sponsorship of the event.

Here is what I can offer:

1. Graphic Design on event posters, title belt, logos and whatever you make need.

2. Free clothing for each fighter throughout the entire competition

3. $5000 Cash prize to the winner of the show (total cash prize open for negotiation)

4. Free $250 sponsorship for each fighter in the competition

5. A signature series of clothing created just for the winner

6. Lifetime sponsorship contract for the winner

If you have any ideas or want to be involved respond to this post or PM BusterGloves of PWNAGE Clothing in New York.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of a couple more things we could add to the show.

1. Confessionals - I want to give participants the chance to role play a little bit, so I want to do interviews/confessionals where fighters talk about living in the house with other fighters. I will set up a forum topic where fighters can post.

2. Coaches - If 2 experienced fighters/managers want to participate without creating a new fighter, we could use some coaches. These coaches would pick the teams and fight each other on the show's finale.

3. Writers - We could use the assistance of any writers that want to do color commentary on the show. A season recap magazine will be produced in PDF form at the end of the show featuring full fighter bios, recap of the show, and behind the scenes action.

If the same gym goes through, they could use mine as a starting point. No coaches yet, but that is subject to change once I get it going, at least for Circuit training.

Also, if looking for managers has started I would like to participate.

I think I'd be interested in doing something like this...either creating a fighter or having my nutritional company doing something with sponsorships or whatever. I'm still a little new to MMA Tycoon, but not a total noob. I guess I'd know more of what I could do, once things are figured out more. I think that having fighters in different gyms would be a better idea, fighters could represent their gym, just like in real life or in Rocky :)... Plus, the way you train and where you train is part of the tactical advantage... long as the fighters are created the same day and of course they would have to be the same age...

It would seem to me that if we all create fighters the same day that we would all want to train up their cardio and strength to decent levels before moving on, right? I feel there would need to be some kind of an agreement on that...

Note, people who train conditioning longer will be able to regain energy faster, so they can train longer after fights, which in the long run would pay off until a certain point when they've trained conditioning too much so that the other stats won't have time to grow, if that is possible (training conditioning too much.

My gym offer was only for New York, as well, and the different gym idea is good too. It would be extra useful because gyms with coaches will have coaches teaching different things.

The problem with it, that I can see, is the pricing of gyms and the owner of a fighter not wanting to go to an expensive gym, or not being able to, and then other fighters being able to, or being willing to. I don't think I explained that well enough.

The coaches idea is really good. It would be especially useful if they got some time to prep beforehand so that they could set up people to spar with each other. They could come up with that after, though.

Once the 16 managers are picked and we have our host org picked, we will iron out the details. Fairness is key here. What we are looking for here (other than participation and promotion) is manager strategy over fighter prowess.

I'd also like to get some ideas about names for the show. I welcome everyone to incorporate their ideas into this thing.

Oh good idea. Guess we should have 2 gyms then. One for each coach. And that coach can pick his trainers and sparring schedules (hopefully without playing favorites).

I think I'd like to keep the event in New York. When you create a fighter you can just start him there. I've already got an org lined up to host it (Fight Club NY) and the top ranked Nutrition company in the city (Biopharm) on board to help with sponsorships.

What I really need now is 2 coaches. Ideally, they will be experienced fighters with VIP owners that are able to run a gym for a couple months. The gym owner should keep the fees low and only invite participants of the team he picks to train in the gym. The coach will be responsible for setting sparring schedules and can bring in up to 2 trainers. Hopefully we can generate enough sponsorship to cover the cost of the gym for the fighters.

On a side note, is it possible for someone to own a clothing/nutrition company and a gym? If so, I could just run a PWNAGE gym and put it up against a Biopharm gym with 2 of our fighters going at it on the finale.

If you are interested in being a coach and can run an exclusive gym just for the show, please let me know.

I will be posting fighter applications soon.

PWNAGE Clothing is looking to sponsor a The Ultimate Fighter type show in MMA Tycoon. This would feature 8 or 16 fighters in the same weight class. Each fighter must be created on the same day to guarantee fairness. Fights must take place every 2-4 weeks with all fighters on each card. Each Manager may only have 1 fighter. This will be a tournament with seedings selected by random. The winner of the tournament will either get a title or a title shot (depending on the org). I'm also toying with the idea of having all fighters train at the same gym, but this will be tough to pull off.

Here is what I need:

1. An org to host the events, book the fights, and sign the fighters.

2. 8-16 managers willing to use a vacant spot on their roster to create a new fighter

3. Other companies, i.e. nutrition, gyms, bookies, that might be interested in getting involved with sponsorship of the event.

Here is what I can offer:

1. Graphic Design on event posters, title belt, logos and whatever you make need.

2. Free clothing for each fighter throughout the entire competition

3. $5000 Cash prize to the winner of the show (total cash prize open for negotiation)

4. Free $250 sponsorship for each fighter in the competition

5. A signature series of clothing created just for the winner

6. Lifetime sponsorship contract for the winner

If you have any ideas or want to be involved respond to this post or PM BusterGloves of PWNAGE Clothing in New York.

Hey we should talk. "The Convicted Fighter" show is supposed to go down sometime at Convicted fight orginization in Los Angeles I just haven't had time to organize it. Already have a few fighters signed. The only thing I disagree with is the fairness of being created the same day because not all fighters are equal and the fighters you see on the show didn't all start training the same day. I figure a noob/project fighter in the appropriate weight class is fine. But we can talk about it if you want to. We can offer a lot more than $5000 for the winner of our show for those who are interested.

Editted: Didn't mean to sound like I'm tryin to steal anybody away or anything. Didn't notice you had an org lined up. We're not in NY either. Oh well.

OK, I am now accepting applications for the show. I am going to make a preview show magazine so I need some background info about your fighters. I will take the best 8 or 16 (depending on how big the tournament will be). Here is what you should submit:

Fighter Name:

Hometown:

Fight Camp/Alliance:

Sponsored by:

History of your fighter (family, occupation, beliefs, hobbies, other significant life experiences):

Personality quirks:

Nickname and how your fighter got his nickname: