Atencio vs. White

plato

So Atencio said he'd like to fight Dana. We've probably all heard it about it now: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-a...o&type=lgns

Here's Dana's response to Atencio's offer: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewrite...?urn=mma,163333

There was really no reason for White to call him a "fucking loser." Atencio wasn't being a dick when he suggested it. I would've loved to have seen this go down and for Dana to get his ass kicked. What say you?

No one has an opinion, really?

Dana does have a point. If your company is just starting and having financial problems, he should stay focused on managing it. He shouldn't spend his time training.

I think Atencio needs to keep Dana's name out of his mouth. Here's a thought--try flying under the radar for a while before Dana crushes his company with constant counter-programming. If I were Tom, I would want the UFC to forget Affliction even exists. I just don't see what Tom has to gain by constantly talking about the president of the worlds largest and most succesful MMA promotion.

I appreciate what Tom's doing with Affliction. He's putting on the fights we want to see--and he brought Fedor to the US. So far the shows have been great--even if the production has been somewhat mediocre. I just think the UFC has the power to squash them, and if he continues to poke the giant his promotion is going to go belly-up just like the IFL.

yep White's got a point for not picking up Atencio's attention mongering but he could at least be civil and not thuggish about it

i mean c'mon when you say "fucking loser" to someone it doesn't really sound right...

he's not in highschool any longer...

I think Dana has a point.Tom should start looking at his own promotion and figure out a way to stop bleeding money.I think UFC 92 and Affliction 2 came out around the same time yet Affliction spent x3 more on the payroll while the UFC earned about 12 times more in PPV revenue.They're giving the top guys way too much compared to the UFC.Arlovski probably made more money from the Fedor fight then he ever did from his UFC career with all of his purse's combined.

Tom is just doing it for some publiciity and knows Dana would never take the fight because then it would be giving him and his company more coverage.

P.S. If it did happen though then I think Dana by KO round 2. :P

Atencio IS worrying about his company and that's WHY he's doing all this garbage. Stupid stuff like this is what gets people talking about his promotion more than the fights he puts on. Affliction do a pretty poor job imho but Atencio is doing absolutely the right thing in shit stirring like this. It's basically the same thing as the Tito vs Dana thing.

Atencio IS worrying about his company and that's WHY he's doing all this garbage. Stupid stuff like this is what gets people talking about his promotion more than the fights he puts on. Affliction do a pretty poor job imho but Atencio is doing absolutely the right thing in shit stirring like this. It's basically the same thing as the Tito vs Dana thing.

Scott Coker hasn't done any such hijinks and Strikeforce seems to be doing pretty good for itself.

In comparison:

PRIDE - Gary Millen - Dead

WFA - Jeremy Lappen - Dead

EliteXC - Gary/Jared Shawn - Dead

Affliction - Tom Attencio - on life support

Scott Coker hasn't done any such hijinks and Strikeforce seems to be doing pretty good for itself.

In comparison:

PRIDE - Gary Millen - Dead

WFA - Jeremy Lappen - Dead

EliteXC - Gary/Jared Shawn - Dead

Affliction - Tom Attencio - on life support

I'm not saying that doing this makes you a good promoter. I'm saying that this act in itself will get people talking about his promotion, which is a good thing. He would have to do other stuff right too to actually be classed as a good promoter.

Affliction has probably the worst marketing model I have ever seen when it comes to promoting their fights.

And that's just it. Affliction has absolutely no clue how to run a fight organization. All you have to do is look at the matchups on their first card to see they have no clue what's going on. You could have made a card twice as interesting if they had matched those fighters up differently. And they do stupid things like pay Matt fucking Lindland $300,000.

They don't know what they're doing. They're just guessing. So now Tom Attencio is just going out there trying to copy Dana White in the hopes that that works.

The whole Affliction fight organization was just born out of a bunch of big egos that where drunk with money. A year later the company is acting like it just woke up the next morning, remembered what stupid shit it did while drunk, and is trying to figure out how to mitigate the damage.

They don't know what they're doing, they're unimportant, and they'll be gone soon.

QFT they shou;d've had Vince Mcmahon in there instead of Trump... I mean like him or hate him Vince can market the shit out of anything

Smart move on Dana's part though after the Loretta Hunt thing he looked kind of huge prick and was king of sore in the public and Attencio looked all nice and shit.. but with this brilliant schem of Attencio he now looks like a bully and definitely boosted Dana's PER plus his little bit on Dr. Phil probably helped him out too

You could probably make a whole topic on rather or not Vince McMahon would be good for MMA and get many different opinions but personally I think it would be a failing operation.Even if he does treat it real,people would still say its fake because he comes from a pro-wrestling background.

Hopefully they make Fedor-Barnnet,seems like the last match they could put on though since after hiring all best free heavyweights he's already went through two top 5 guys and Barnnet is the only one you could really make a case for since Roy Nelson/Ben Rothwell/ even if you got Jeff Monson all have loses against the trio of Fedor's Affliction opponents and possible likely future opponent.I could oddly see if they sign Tito Oritz to have him move up to Heavyweight.

Who is trolling?

I wasn't trolling I was being serious... I mean I don't like pro wrestling in the least but you have give where credit is due and Vince Mcmahon can market the hell out of anything...Where as Afflicition well they suck at marketing anything it would see,