being held hostage in an org

I have a very promising fighter in a smaller org. I wrote a while ago about the first incident. The #1 contender turned down a fight with my guy (who's the 205 champ). I was then told I wouldn't fight for about a month until another fight between 2 other guys could determine the new #1 contender. I was pissed, and threw around the idea of asking for a release, I even hinted it to the org owner in an email. He told me not to worry, he'd be signing better competition and that I would definately defend my title in about a month. Now, the fight for the #1 contender spot happens and the winner is offered to fight me for the title. HE TURNS IT DOWN TOO. I just flat out asked for a release, but was nice about it and even offered the guy 10k to buyout my fighters contract. He tells me he doesn't want to release him and suggest I drop to 185 and maybe more people will fight him there. I replied I want to keep the guy at LHW and again nicely ask for a release. He didn't respond to that but sent out an org wide email bitching at guys for declining fights, which is nice and all.... but I want out. Is there anything outside of waiting for my contract to expire in Sept that I can do to get out of this org? I'm getting kinda pissed!

I have a very promising fighter in a smaller org. I wrote a while ago about the first incident. The #1 contender turned down a fight with my guy (who's the 205 champ). I was then told I wouldn't fight for about a month until another fight between 2 other guys could determine the new #1 contender. I was pissed, and threw around the idea of asking for a release, I even hinted it to the org owner in an email. He told me not to worry, he'd be signing better competition and that I would definately defend my title in about a month. Now, the fight for the #1 contender spot happens and the winner is offered to fight me for the title. HE TURNS IT DOWN TOO. I just flat out asked for a release, but was nice about it and even offered the guy 10k to buyout my fighters contract. He tells me he doesn't want to release him and suggest I drop to 185 and maybe more people will fight him there. I replied I want to keep the guy at LHW and again nicely ask for a release. He didn't respond to that but sent out an org wide email bitching at guys for declining fights, which is nice and all.... but I want out. Is there anything outside of waiting for my contract to expire in Sept that I can do to get out of this org? I'm getting kinda pissed!

It's this guy, isn't it: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12942

As long as the org owner keeps offering you fights and people keep turning it down there is nothing but to wait the contract out.

However this would be my suggestion. Why not get together with the org owner and try and set up a super fight with another org and see out your contract that way?

As long as the org owner keeps offering you fights and people keep turning it down there is nothing but to wait the contract out.

However this would be my suggestion. Why not get together with the org owner and try and set up a super fight with another org and see out your contract that way?

Hmmm.... I like where your head is at CW.

I'm being held a hostage too. But it's in the tokyo based org COURAGE. The manager logs in like once a week and doesn't respond my PM's or gives a crap about his org. It feels like he just want to piss me off for no reason.

The manager: http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=5215

Im having a similar problem in St Petes. Its not just me then. The inactivity clause should not renew itself if you accepted the fight and your opponent never, in my opinion.

Im having a similar problem in St Petes. Its not just me then. The inactivity clause should not renew itself if you accepted the fight and your opponent never, in my opinion.

Why? Your org owner made a good-faith effort to give you a fight, and the fact that he offered one means he's doing his best to set it up. If you feel that he's repeatedly failing to get you fights, PM him to work it out, but the inactivity counter resets so he has more time to give you a new opponent on a later card if someone flakes out on him.

Why? Your org owner made a good-faith effort to give you a fight, and the fact that he offered one means he's doing his best to set it up. If you feel that he's repeatedly failing to get you fights, PM him to work it out, but the inactivity counter resets so he has more time to give you a new opponent on a later card if someone flakes out on him.

Yeah. As long as he's not offering you a fight and then cancelling it. That's a dick move.

If an org owner has one of his own fighters at every weight class (which many do for emergency situations) they could feasibly keep another fighter hostage indefinitely.

Guccimane -- He was really inactive and not even sending fight offers. Just leave? I had a fighter there and just took off once the inactivity clause ran up. Was some good training time lol.

I'm being held a hostage too. But it's in the tokyo based org COURAGE. The manager logs in like once a week and doesn't respond my PM's or gives a crap about his org. It feels like he just want to piss me off for no reason.

The manager: http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=5215

Same here, in the same org, one's inactivity clause almost up, the other not even cose.

Guccimane -- He was really inactive and not even sending fight offers. Just leave? I had a fighter there and just took off once the inactivity clause ran up. Was some good training time lol.

Yeah I know. He waited until the last day to give me a fight but the opponent wasn't accepting so I was still stuck. Right now I'm just hoping that he will let me leave once the inactivity clause runs out.

atlest he is making an effort for you give the guy a break

An effort? LOL. he rarely logs in. But anyway, it's not as bad as TS has it.

I'm in an org with a new fighter of mine. His stats are fairly low, Mediocre/Abysmal/Mediocre/Blue. The owner repeatedly offers me fights with a guy who is Exceptional/Competent/Proficient/Purple. Now look, I don't mind taking on a fight with a guy who is a bit better than my fighter but that's just ridiculous. The 2nd time I said that maybe signing with the org was a mistake, and offered the owner the full signing bonus back if he would release my guy. My fighter was not released, and now this week I got another offer to fight Mr Exceptional.

I'm not sure what to do, besides retiring my fighter.

I'm in an org with a new fighter of mine. His stats are fairly low, Mediocre/Abysmal/Mediocre/Blue. The owner repeatedly offers me fights with a guy who is Exceptional/Competent/Proficient/Purple. Now look, I don't mind taking on a fight with a guy who is a bit better than my fighter but that's just ridiculous. The 2nd time I said that maybe signing with the org was a mistake, and offered the owner the full signing bonus back if he would release my guy. My fighter was not released, and now this week I got another offer to fight Mr Exceptional.

Well, if you have beaten your way up to being the #1 contender and Mr Exceptional is the champ, you should take the fight. However, if you asked for a release and even offer to payback the signing bonus, a stand up org owner will let you go. Good luck in getting out man.

Yeah. As long as he's not offering you a fight and then cancelling it. That's a dick move.

I've got a guy in St. Petes who's being held in this way. Org owner offers a fight then cancels it immediately resetting the inactivity clause... not much I can do but wait it out.

It happened to me once, and I made sure to let everyone know about it. Now everyone knows that Dungeon Fighting Championships in Las Vegas holds out its champions if they don't sign the contract extension the org owner forces on you at the end of your contract. People should know who the disreputable orgs are.

In my experience, the only way to get them to get you a fight (as I eventually got with DFC after over 10 weeks) was to be as loud and obnoxious about it as possible so the org owner feel so much pain that he wants you out of his life. I mean, if you're quiet, why wouldn't he keep screwing you? If you make every day a hell for him he will either have to endure that hell every day or let you go to make the pain stop.

But the real fix is to be very careful about contract lengths. Now I never sign a contract longer than 3 months and always only with orgs I trust... actually, pretty much all my fighters are going to CFC these days because Canadian Fighting Championships is run by a very good org owner.

That might be ridiculous, except your guy is ~6600 p4p and the other guy is 26000.

That might be ridiculous, except your guy is ~6600 p4p and the other guy is 26000.

P4P is retarded. My fighter is 1-0 after being in a Quick Fight, it's just luck that he has such a high p4p ranking.

P4P is retarded. My fighter is 1-0 after being in a Quick Fight, it's just luck that he has such a high p4p ranking.

Point being, the org owner's prerogative isn't to discern skill levels, it's to discern levels of hype and popularity. It might seem like an unfair matchup to you, but as far as the matchup goes, it's a very fair fight.

Already done that partner, twice. No response both times, even offered him his signing bonus back if he would release my guy. Im just being ignored.

So to name and shame, this is the UFL in St Petersburg and the owner is Bas Rutten.

I dont want to get it twisted, he has been fair in the opponents he has offered and the matchups have been balanced. But when you send a pm saying you understand how hard it is when you have managers declining perfectly good fights, but from my perspective, my guy is not getting fights and therefore not getting paid, so i cant supplement his training.

He did offer me another fight after that, which i accepted, but again, the other guy never. I check the managers pages and they are active managers based on their login times.

I get no reply

So i send another, again being polite and saying im not getting at the owner, but i cannot afford for my fighter to train because he has no money to train. If i can get together 600 dollars which is part of the $1500 signing bonus my guy got, for 5 fights, for which he has had 3. Then can he please release my guy so he can fight elsewhere?

No reply again. Its frustrating

Or maybe this is the norm and i have been spoiled with the VFC in London, which is where most of my fighters are, under an active owner who always replies to mails and is ready to listen to any problem or suggestion i have.

It definitely sucks to be in this situation. From the org owners point of view, they are the two most hyped fighters in the division, and he wants to put on the best fight possible for his event. But, I don't think a fight with that much skill difference should ever be offered...

It's actually quite a good advertisement of why it's a bad idea for org owners to spread themselves too thin and try to fill all weight classes instead of focusing on just a couple. When I started my org, I just focused on the lightweight and middleweight division... now I have 25 fighters in each, and can offer fair matchups to everyone. If I had tried to fill every division from the start, I would have run into this problem too.

If I were in your situation, I would ask the org owner if he could look to bring in some more fighters with a similar skill level to make it an even matchup. If he's a good org owner im sure he will try to find a suitable opponent.

Good luck!