D.I.F.O

man5616

Last minute change means Foster is fighting Mark McGregor.

Reporter: Foster, just 3 days before Dark Carnival, you have agreed to a change in opponent. Why?

Foster: I want to put myself in a position to be in contention for a title. Daemon Davies seems likely to be one of the guys fighting for it, I want to be the other guy. A 3-0 record will solidify my spot as a number one contender in DIFO.

Reporter: Couldn't you have waited a little longer? Rather than fight just anybody, you could have waited for a more suitable opponent, or at least one that is closer to you in rank and popularity.

Foster: I was planning on fighting anyway, so the opponent doesn't concern me. Either way I would have been training my wrestling, so my preparation will not effect the outcome. My time is now. Hoping that DIFO will match me up against Daemon Davies for the title is not good enough, I need to make it happen by erasing any doubts about me being one of the best in the world.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark McGregor faces tough debut at Dark Carnival: Faces 2-0 Benjamin Foster

Journalist: Mark you're making your debut in the main event of D.I.F.O's Dark Carnival event and you've been thrown into the deep end facing a man who won his last fight in the matter of 5 seconds. How do you feel facing a tough opponent in your debut

Mark McGregor: He certainly has heavy hands and i can't afford to be hit too many times as he could knock me out anytime. I think i'd rather be facing a tough opponent instead of being given some bum to face and walking over him. I want to face the toughest, the meanest and the best fighters and Benjamin Foster is the type of opponent i look forward to fighting

Journalist: You have any specific game plan?

Mark McGregor: Of course but i'm not going to say. I've seen holes in his game that i will hopefully look to exploit.

Journalist: Do you feel slightly overlooked ahead of this match?

Mark McGregor: I think so. The thing with MMA is you can't underestimate your opponents and if he does it'll come back to bite him on the arse. He's a really good boxer no doubt about it but i have good wrestling, muay thai and good Jiu Jitsu and i'll look to play to my strengths. After Dark Carnival i'd like to think i'd be 1-0 and derail Fosters road to the title

Reporter: McGregor has said he's seen the holes in your game and thinks he is going to beat you because he is more well rounded. Your response?

Foster: I'm going to put a hole in his head.

Journalists from "Fight Now" magazine recently sat down with rising star Gary "The Dungeon Master" Kaigax about his upcoming fight at DIFO's Highwaymen.

Journalist: You didn't take any time off after your decision victory last week. Do you feel you have the energy to compete?

Gary Kaigax: Of course. I put on a great 30 minute show. I know we got some boos, but a lot of people just want to see a knockout. They don't understand the ground game or the work that goes into clinching.

Journalist: I'd like to talk to you about your ground game, actually. You've gotten a lot of criticism from the way you stood up from mount when it looked like you could have put the fight away in the first.

GK: Look, I tooled on the guy for 3 full rounds. I was never in danger. I was taunting him. I got a little ahead of myself. I thought when his corner saw that they'd throw in the towel for sure. If you can't respect how I dominated him, I don't want you as a fan.

Journalist: That's a strange attitude to have after only one fight. Shouldn't you be trying to please as many people as possible?

GK: It's a waste of my time. All I'm focused on is clearing out this division. I've got a fight in a day, and I've got a fight in two weeks.

Journalist: Do you have anything to say about your opponent tomorrow.

GK: I don't even remember his name.

Journalist: Ray Lee.

GK: Whatever. The guy is going home in a bag. I'm going to kill him.

Journalist: I see. You've made remarks about not caring if you win or lose this one.

GK: Let me clarify. I don't care if I win or lose, but I will win. I just love to fight. Masaaki has been running his mouth non stop about me. He thinks he's going to submit me. I'm going tear his leg off and beat him to death with it.

Journalist: I'm not sure that's allowed.

GK: Listen, I'm the freakin' Dungeon Master. I make the rules in that cage. That's all I've got left to say.

Journalist: Thank you for your time.

so this is the smack talk thread??? cool cool... i'm a lil' beat up, at the moment... taking a few days to recover, and then it's on to Dick Destruction... okay fine... we all saw that i didn't really have to say ANYTHING about Juice Malone... but Dickie... lol, ooooooooh Dickie Destruction... i've got bad plans for you... bad, bad, bad plans... i'm not out for blood... but i'm going to rip off your leg, and rattle your femur against the side of the cage... BEWARE!

I was speaking with Micky Mulligan this morning and he stated that he would be ready to fight at the upcoming IRONMAN event.

Are there any takers on this if my fighter loses you get a 30 day 250.00 sposnorship from Yakuza supplements, if my fighter wins I get a statement from your fighter saying how bad ass I am and how weak and pathetic of a fighter you are.

DIFO's Highwaymen post-figt interview with Hendo Janari

Reporter: You knocked out your opponent in 20 seconds, you must be happy with the performance.

Hendo Janari: Well that's what I do, hurt people.

Reporter: Ivan Dizdar had an injury before the fight and some say he wasn't in a good condition, your thoughts?

HJ: That's just typical excuses when you just got KTFO, I wasn't 100% either so I proved to be the better fighter.

Reporter: Your future plans in DIFO?

HJ: Well i just proved myself and I'm willing to challenge anyone. I heard that somebody got a faster KO than me, so maybe I should destroy him next. But as I said, I will face anyone DIFO put's in front of me.

HJ: Alright that's enough questions. Time to hit the bar and maybe some good ol' bar brawling!

Gary Kaigax on his loss to Ray Lee:

"This was a pretty humbling fight for me. I'm not sure what's next for me. I think I was too focused on my future and wasn't planning hard enough for this fight. I thought for sure I'd walk through this guy. No excuses. He was the better man. I think I have to wait on settling the score with that Masaaki character. I need to rest up and I don't want to delay him. I just want to say sorry to all my fans and friends... I really let you guys down..."

At this point Kaigax broke down into unintelligible sobs.

I was speaking with Micky Mulligan this morning and he stated that he would be ready to fight at the upcoming IRONMAN event.

Are there any takers on this if my fighter loses you get a 30 day 250.00 sposnorship from Yakuza supplements, if my fighter wins I get a statement from your fighter saying how bad ass I am and how weak and pathetic of a fighter you are.

Tamana Hopoate, a newcomer from the defunct TUOW is looking for his first fight and would be happy to start with a win over Micky Mulligan. Tamana said to Shinryaku MMABlog "Mulligan might think he's a bad ass, but whether I take him to the ground and choke him out, or land the goodnight irene and KO him, Mulligan will be the one crying "nurse" at the end of the night. see you in the cage at Ironman, punk."

McGregor pulls of upset in debut

Reporter: How do you feel after the upset you just made by submitting Foster?

McGregor: I said that i could see holes in my game. It was just a matter of not wanting to get in the way of shots take him down and use my BJJ to try and pull of a submission victory. It's upset his chances towards a title shot and he's a great fighter

Reporter: Whats next for McGregor?

McGregor: Whoever i get offered to fight. I just want to slowly build my way up the rankings but i'll have a well earned break

crazy pete: WHO WANTS SOME!?

Adam Mirovic said in an interview during today's Shinryaku MMABlog Podcast "I may be new to DIFO and ranked lower than crazy pete, but the other fighters here need to learn that the answer to "who wants some?" will always be Adam MURDER Mirovic." Mirovic went on to say that he respects crazy pete's achievements so far in DIFO and is looking forward to meeting him in the octagon sometime soon.

Tamana Hopoate, a newcomer from the defunct TUOW is looking for his first fight and would be happy to start with a win over Micky Mulligan. Tamana said to Shinryaku MMABlog "Mulligan might think he's a bad ass, but whether I take him to the ground and choke him out, or land the goodnight irene and KO him, Mulligan will be the one crying "nurse" at the end of the night. see you in the cage at Ironman, punk."

Caught up with Micky Mulligan at the gym this morning and spoke to him about someone called Tamana Hopoate, this is what he had to say.

"You can tell Tammy, is that a guy or a girl I'm fighting, he picked the wrong person for his first fight unless he wants to start out in this organization with a loss. He better bring his A game cause in this life if you ain't first your last." Bring it chump.

Jon "the Beast" Ohlrich [ 5926 ] is busy taxing his girlfriend for the next couple of weeks. But will be de-stressed and looking to LnP his way to another decision on the 20th. If anyone is game for getting dry humped to the back of the contender list- let it be known.

Caught up with Micky Mulligan at the gym this morning and spoke to him about someone called Tamana Hopoate, this is what he had to say.

"You can tell Tammy, is that a guy or a girl I'm fighting, he picked the wrong person for his first fight unless he wants to start out in this organization with a loss. He better bring his A game cause in this life if you ain't first your last." Bring it chump.

Tamana Hopoate, ringside last night for his stable mate Adam Mirovic's win against crazy pete had this to say "pay close attention to what happened here tonight Micky Moron. Mirovic showed his class and determination and beat craze pete. I won't be so kind, I'll destroy you. I hope you have insurance."

Adam Mirovic, in his post match interview said "I TOLD you. The answer to who wants some will ALWAYS be Adam MURDER Mirovic. I respect crazy pete, he put up a good fight and pushed me but I still got the win. DIFO is now on notice. You step in the cage with Adam Mirovic. I'll MURDER you. The #1 ranking is mine."

**Update**

Caught up with Adam a couple of days after his fight with crazy pete, he tells me that while he might have won the fight, pete banged him up pretty good so he's probably going to need at least 10 days off before he can start training again, let alone consider his next fight. He assures me that once cleared by his doctor and also his manager he'll be back in the Octagon Warriors' gym, preparing for his next challenge and looking to continue his climb to the #1 ranking.

just a quick catch up on the thread so far

benjamin foster challenged tommy john.....foster beat tommy in 5 secs

crazy pete challenged everone....he beat david aboott

benjamin foster was supposed to fight hung changwow but he didnt accept so newcomer mark mcgregor stepped up to the plate...and guess what he won thus shooting himself up the org and slowing fosters run, although foster is back in the ring shortly looking to move forward

gary kaigax challenged masaaki shikuk but bailed out after his loss to ray lee, to spend some time in the gym. will this fight happen?

tamana hopoate challenged micky mulligan..this is booked and im interested to see the outcome

crazy pete asked 'who wants some'..this was answered by adam mirovic...murder mirovic won, catapaulting him to the top three in a weight class that has over 120 in it.

Benjamin Foster looks to rebound against Wataru Kobayashi

Reporter: Benjamin, that was a tough loss against McGregor. You haven't been available for comment for quite a while. How do you feel?

Foster: Terrible, that fight cost me a title shot.

Reporter: You were originally supposed to fight Hung Changwow, but he backed out. How did that effect your training?

Foster: I was training standup since Hung is a stand up fighter, but he was to scared to fight me, so I ended up facing off against a 0-0 ground fighter, who had a lot to gain. I wasn't prepared. I'm not making excuses though, I commend McGregor for taking the fight on short notice and winning. He has a bright future.

Reporter: Why did you accept the fight with McGregor?

Foster: Because it was the right thing to do. Hung Changwow may not have any sense of honor, but I do. DIFO has been very reasonable and has given me every opportunity to prove myself and I have grown as a result of their trust in my abilities. They were now relying on me to headline one of their shows and fight in the main event, how could I refuse? Some would argue that a 0-0 fighter had no business going against a top 10 super heavyweight and they have a point, but things like that happen when fighters are scared to fight.

Reporter: Hung Changwow is no longer under contract with DIFO, what are your thoughts?

Foster: That is the first I've heard of this and I am happy to see that DIFO has taken action. Hung Changwow is a bum and deserves to rot in the QFC. Hopefully other organizations in Tokyo will think twice before dealing with him and his manager Brian Lane. A fighter that doesnt want to fight is useless.

Reporter: You are looking to rebound against Kobayashi at DEVILINSIDE. What are your thoughts on this matchup?

Foster: We both have a reputation for making quick work of our opponents. I am angry that I missed out on a title shot. I will now take that anger out on Kobayashi. I'm going to be prepared for his wrestling also, I won't make the same mistakes as I did during my fight with McGregor.

Tamana Hopoate, ringside last night for his stable mate Adam Mirovic's win against crazy pete had this to say "pay close attention to what happened here tonight Micky Moron. Mirovic showed his class and determination and beat craze pete. I won't be so kind, I'll destroy you. I hope you have insurance."

Mickey's comments; Tammy that is close to a win as your gonna get. I just went and got insurance on my hands cause their gonna be sore from pound your face in. :boxing:

Gary Kaigax: A Legend in His Own Eyes

Writers with Fight Style magazine caught up with the Dungeon Master during his training for his upcoming bout against fellow heavyweight Ryoto Mishima.

With an almost pained look, Kaigax throws back the heavy bag he's been working combinations on. As it swings back to him, he stops it with his hands and face. He clings to it for a minute, while breathing heavily and muttering to himself. A clenched fist gives it a few half-hearted strikes before he breaks away. He grabs a nearby towel and dries his hair and face.

"I just want this so bad," he says. It's hard to tell if he's trying to convince us or himself. "Losing is never easy. I felt like my star was rising and nothing could stop me. I guess it burned to bright, know what I mean?" We're not sure, but he doesn't give us time to comment on it.

He's now on the stationary bike talking himself through a cardio routine. "You can do this. You are a warrior. You are the Dungeon Master. He's playing your game, now. He's in your world." He's referring to 1-1 heavyweight Ryoto Mishima, a 22 year old from Tokyo also looking to rebound after a devastating first round loss.

Kaigax sees redemption in a win over "The Mountain".

"He's just a guy, and I'll break him. I don't think this guy wants to be a fighter. I don't think this guy can go all the way. I'm pushing myself, do you hear me?" he shouts. "I'm pushing myself!" He punches a wall to punctuate his point. The force knocks the lid off a trashcan leaning against it. Kaigax quickly replaces the lid to hide the pile of Mountain Dew cans and empty Cheeto bags.

"After this fight? I don't even care. I just need to win. That's what undid me before. I was running for the belt before I had earned my place in this organization. The way I plan on winning this, no one will forget my name."

He smiles and we see that fire from after his win over Bo Robertson for the first time.

"But I haven't forgotten you Masaaki. The Dungeon Master never forgets."

McGregor set for 2nd fight in D.I.F.O hopes to carry over momentium

Reporter: Mark your facing a Japanese native in Genichiro Tenryu who is set to make his debut for D.I.F.O, this is a similar situation to what you faced in your last fight with Benjamin Foster as in your debut for a promotion is against someone who's looked good for the promotion. Do you think you could overlook and underestimate your opponent?

McGregor: Well we have pretty similar styles and i can't ever really underestimate an opponent as in MMA that is the number 1 golden rule in never underestimate your opponent as all it takes is one punch or a submission out of nowhere. You can't ever leave the result be in the judges hands as well.

Reporter: He won his fight by TKO and you by Submission. Could this hint at his possible tactics coming into the fight?

McGregor: I think were pretty even standing up and on the ground. Of course i'd love to knock him out it gets my name more well known and hopefully impresses management into working my way up to a title shot. I have a natural weight advantage of about 15lbs and hopefully use that to my advantage?

Reporter: Any words for Genichiro?

McGregor: May the best man win. You look a promising fighter but no one will stop me at this moment in time i'm confident and i feel like no one will stop me in my journey to becoming the number 1 super heavyweight

Foster beats Kobayashi at his own game

Reporter: Foster, this was a huge win for you. Your previous fight against Mark McGregor really set you back, as a win may have meant that you would have been fighting Daemon Davies tonight instead of Bobbo Sappo.

Foster: Yes it was a tough loss for me, but this fight erases the pain of that result. This is the most rewarding moment of my career.

Reporter: Do you feel you deserve a title shot after this performance?

Foster: Yes, in my opinion there are only two fighters currently being considered for a shot at Daemon Davies right now. Myself and Genichiro Tenryu. Between the two of us, I have the most impressive resume by far. Genichiro is very skilled, but at the end of the day he has only beaten two fighters. One is Smasher Money, a 4-6 fighter that has fought in the QFC for his entire career, and the other of course is Mark McGregor. Mark obviously has not lived up to the hype he earned when he beat me and Tenryu shouldn't be rewarded for that by getting a title shot.

Reporter: So you feel your victory against Kobayashi is worth more than his win over McGregor?

Foster: Absolutely, I have established myself as a strong super heavyweight contender in this organization already. My victory against one of the top super heavyweights in DIFO just makes that even more clear. Tommy John's recent success also makes my victory against him even more valuable as time goes on.

Reporter: You make a very convincing case Benjamin. Either way your next fight should be a big one. Now let's talk about the fight with Kobayashi. You finished him in stunning fashion with a knee to the head. Was it just instinct or have you been training Muay Thai?

Foster: Haha, no I do not train Muay Thai. It was purely instinct he was coming in with a lot of momentum and his head down. All I had to do was stick the knee up.

Reporter: Some would venture to say that you won solely because of Kobayashi's poor conditioning. Do you feel that is the case?

Foster: If he came into the fight in bad shape, that is not my problem. I wouldn't be suprised though. Have you seen him lately? He is like Muay Thai's own Butterbean.

Reporter: Thanks for your time Benjamin and let's your hope your next fight is for some hardware.

Foster: Alright, thank you.