shady gym owner, watch out....you've been called out!

I understand exactly what you meant, and my point is that more trustworthy gym owners can be relied upon to maintain a price point, or at least to inform users of changes.

Good for them and the fighters in their gym I guess. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You should have checked the prices" is not a valid argument, in my opinion. A gym's price should be reliable, because people need to be able to plan around it. If you have cheap price days early in the week to entice people to join, and you increase the price later in the week, this strategy needs to be clearly described or it is tantamount to fraud. Any permanent change in price should be accompanied by a mailing to members with as much notice as possible.

This is a pretty underhanded tactic, and I'm disappointed that so many people are defending it.

Your opinion is mute then, as you obviously are not prepared to check in the best interests of your fighters.

And it wasn't a permanent change, the fee's went down again afterwards.

Fact remains - people that are complaining are doing it wrong!!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/28mg1u0.jpg

Your opinion is mute then, as you obviously are not prepared to check in the best interests of your fighters.

It's "moot".

Gonna have to start charging tuition fee's at this rate ;)

Nonsense, you don't know anything about me or my habits as a manager. I look after my fighters, but I also expect other managers to act in an ethical fashion. That's apparently a very high standard.

Nonsense, you don't know anything about me or my habits as a manager. I look after my fighters, but I also expect other managers to act in an ethical fashion. That's apparently a very high standard.

You can only expect other managers to act in the best interest of their own company and fighters.

no way, i trust my alliance fully aswell as a lot of guys involved within the k1 market and a hell of a lot of guys i Hilo.

Your statement may relate to you but deffinstely not to me

Assuming you are talking about the statement I just posted. The nature of this game is to be top dog, whether that means having the top fighters or the top company. You may meet guys you like along the way and form a group. The fact still remains, your playing for better profits or training. Like the gym owner in the op. He was looking out for his company. But if your saying your company and/or fighters don't take top priority for you, then your lying to yourself.

the fees went down again afterword? Oh thats nice.

It's a pussy move by someone who doesn't know how to manage his game. He did the right thing calling this guy out, in fact I'd probably pop in one in a while just to let his members know the guy is a scumbag, if he has a message board. (which I bet he doesn't, most unscrupulous owners don't)