EA Sports MMA

I would prepay for EAs MMA right now if I had the money. Thats how much of a failure 2010 is.

The amount of bugs I am finding in career mode is pathetic. They released this garbage and THQ is not offering refunds now.

One bug I found in career, going to love this. If you fight the champ for the belt and lose, fine, you move down in the rankings. Thing is, the champ doesn't fight anyone else. He will only fight you. So if you keep losing, he will stay champ until you beat him because he isn't fighting any other AI fighters. This is why it seems like champs in your CAFS division seem like they been there forever, because they havent fought anyone.

Also found out DLC fights from preorder, can't be used in career mode. Can't use them online either. Then wtf did i get them for? exhibition matches??

Still can't get online for ranked matches since release either.

They honestly fucked themselves as a company. Soon as people start writing legit reviews and not all of those 9s and 10s and 5 out of 5s, you will see. Its already starting, amazon dropped the game $20 already, less then two weeks since release.

I honestly believe that something was wrong extremely wrong with the final build. They had to revert back to some previous builds, tweak what they could just to make the deadline. There is no other way around it to explain this garbage of a game put out. Patches won't even fix this game. I don't think they can patch the entire career mode to actually add in fighters aging, a progression system that is associated with a career mode in a sporting game, make the features actually work ( my trainer, friends and rivals, sponsors on banner, AI matchmaking system, weight class switching bug )

definitely

Bad career mode is what ultimately turned me off from 09. Hearing it hasn't gotten better in 10 is disappointing. That being said Fight Nights career mode suffered from similar things as Undisputed. Hopefully EA focuses more time on career mode.

DAMN!!! That last video posted off mmafighting with Ariel.. The fucking graphics looked like they were CGI it was so clean. That looks insanely better than the original one posted to me.

Watch out 2010.

I dunno if I like the whole button thing for ground game, but I was a beast on the Fight Night Stick. It's starting to look a lot more alive than 2010, hopefully it's not too simplistic.

no blood or bruises. how many times have you seen a fight you see 1. blood or 2 someones face or body bruised up.

It dont look bad. any game where you can play fedor is a plus in my book.

plus im looking forward to fighting in a ring and 10 minute 1st rounds.

i had ufc 2010 preordered..was away for a while so couldnt pick it up. now im glad it didnt happen cos all im hearing about it is negatives.

2010 is going to cause THQ to fold. I don't see them making any return on the game once the legit reviews and word of mouth gets around. They were going under the way it was until 09 saved their ass then they pulled this garbage.

I don't like EA, they are about quanity over quality but i hope to god they blow UFC 10 out the water.

The right stick to punch and shit scares me. If it has a legit career mode, i am sold.

no blood or bruises. how many times have you seen a fight you see 1. blood or 2 someones face or body bruised up.

EA Sports MMA will have blood and bruises. They've confirmed this in the interview I posted above. They say blood & bruises will stay on the fighters and that if you're cut open good blood can get on your opponent as well.

The EA game will do well with Hardcore fans of MMA but will not sell even as well as Undisputed 2010 despite likely being a better game. Undisputed 09 did well because it was marketed like crazy during anything UFC or MMA related. I can guarantee you that there will be no EA Sports MMA commercials on any UFC or TUF broadcasts. The casual fan still calls the sport UFC and doesn't even recognize that other orgs exist, so with very few fighters they recognize it makes it even tougher to sell the game.

If it doesn't sell, its unlikely EA will do another version without of course getting the UFC brand on board. The UFC would demand that if EA uses their brand then they would have to get rid of the other orgs and make it a UFC game.

Its probably in all of our best interests to pick them both up though, the more the game makers see a market for MMA games the more they will make.

I think the game will do just fine.

Obviously the hardcore MMA fans will be picking it up, but with EA behind the game it'll get plenty of advertising, and by time the game does come out (probably 2010 Holiday season) people will be ready for a new MMA game. I also think SF is having another CBS event in October, so that'll give the game some more good exposure. Most people who own UFC will probably at least look into EA MMA whether it's rent it or read reviews, and if they enjoy mma at all and video games they'll probably pick it up.

Of course I could also be wrong.

The EA game will do well with Hardcore fans of MMA but will not sell even as well as Undisputed 2010 despite likely being a better game. Undisputed 09 did well because it was marketed like crazy during anything UFC or MMA related. I can guarantee you that there will be no EA Sports MMA commercials on any UFC or TUF broadcasts. The casual fan still calls the sport UFC and doesn't even recognize that other orgs exist, so with very few fighters they recognize it makes it even tougher to sell the game.

If it doesn't sell, its unlikely EA will do another version without of course getting the UFC brand on board. The UFC would demand that if EA uses their brand then they would have to get rid of the other orgs and make it a UFC game.

Its probably in all of our best interests to pick them both up though, the more the game makers see a market for MMA games the more they will make.

Undisputed 2010 sales shit the bed....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/6/150469...slower#comments

Unsurprising as a number of people got bored of the old one and i bet some will have waited til it came out and heard all the shit about it and not bothered

I would prepay for EAs MMA right now if I had the money. Thats how much of a failure 2010 is.

The amount of bugs I am finding in career mode is pathetic. They released this garbage and THQ is not offering refunds now.

One bug I found in career, going to love this. If you fight the champ for the belt and lose, fine, you move down in the rankings. Thing is, the champ doesn't fight anyone else. He will only fight you. So if you keep losing, he will stay champ until you beat him because he isn't fighting any other AI fighters. This is why it seems like champs in your CAFS division seem like they been there forever, because they havent fought anyone.

Also found out DLC fights from preorder, can't be used in career mode. Can't use them online either. Then wtf did i get them for? exhibition matches??

Still can't get online for ranked matches since release either.

They honestly fucked themselves as a company. Soon as people start writing legit reviews and not all of those 9s and 10s and 5 out of 5s, you will see. Its already starting, amazon dropped the game $20 already, less then two weeks since release.

I honestly believe that something was wrong extremely wrong with the final build. They had to revert back to some previous builds, tweak what they could just to make the deadline. There is no other way around it to explain this garbage of a game put out. Patches won't even fix this game. I don't think they can patch the entire career mode to actually add in fighters aging, a progression system that is associated with a career mode in a sporting game, make the features actually work ( my trainer, friends and rivals, sponsors on banner, AI matchmaking system, weight class switching bug )

Yeh the banner you can have in your corner is so shit it's not worth having, i'd rather have the flag frpm 09 which wasnt even an option this year, if you can put sponsors all opver your shorts why not the banner? cos they couldnt be arsed doing it thats why.

Its a small improvement over 09 but so small it makes the game a big fail, 09 should have been this game and 10 should have been twice as good.

loads of things just dont make sense in the game, my caf was an mt guy with loads of kicks, a sick ground game with rubber guard, butterfly gaurd, gogoplatas and shit and buffer calls me a god damned street fighter despite all my submission wins and preferance to kick over punch.

On top of that he became WW champion, defended it like 5 times and got asked if i wanted to move to MW so i thoiught yeah that woukld be cool. My first fight was on a fucking undercard against Chris Leben.....wtf! If GSP moved up to MW would he get fucking Leben on an undercard? please program this shit so it;s at least a little bit realistic!

On top of that because he fought at MW when my fighters info comes up on fights the weight is all confused and it says he weight 000......come on THQ.

Online camps do nothing, swaying is no use online, people still do stepping strikes an exploit the now shite ground game due to the auto block crap.

That said it some fun to play with mates but overall you'll get bored very quickly. They need to improve it bug time if there is to be a 2011 version.

I hope for the sake of mma fans that EA's game is awesome.

Unsurprising as a number of people got bored of the old one and i bet some will have waited til it came out and heard all the shit about it and not bothered

me

• 3 weeks later...

Update for UFC 2010.

They released a patch on the PS3 today. It was supposed to fix the online problems ( fight camps, tournaments, connections dropping, etc ) yet the camps & tournies are still bugged. Connections still being dropped. They also fixed some of the instant takedowns.

Big thing that really fucked this game up completely now for offline mode is they tried to adjust the CPU sub off/def. Since the CPU was too perfect on subs and defending, they wanted to fix it so they werent so perfect, problem is they AI is harder to sub & harder to defend against. They also changed sparring. You only get a max of 50pts sparring & the higher up in the stat, its going to take more points to raise 1 point.

So basically its their fix for super cafs but at the same time its going to make having a CAF in career mode shitty because getting over 70 in stats is going to be damn hard with the decay rate. Factor in career mode was bugged to fuck to begin with and so linear, it amazes me that THQ actually released this game the way it was.

I swear if you took Mikes sim engine used here & slapped some graphics on it, you could make a better career mode then THQ.

I am still hyped for EAs MMA just because from the little things I am hearing, career mode is going to be pretty in depth.

And the patch failed for supercafs. I help run a ufc caf league and they really fucked us over this year :(. The patch is hit or miss with the red names for prepatch cafs. So there are still cafs with 100s in everything with a white name. You can also still get 100s in some of your stats in career mode. The only thing they seemed to have did was make it a longer process to get all 100s. Like only being able to get 50 pts or so a sparring session instead of 300-400 pts. So the patch is basically shitty.

UFC 2010 sucks huge amounts. I rushed out and bought it day one having loved the last game, and boy was I let down.

The career mode was good at 1st but really not that grand and the online was just bad to the point its not worth playing in my mind.

After having the game for a week I quit playing and after I didn't play it for an extended period of time I then traded it in on Red Dead Remp. Great trade IMO

I played ufc 10, it was ok.....the online was fun, but the controls felt worse than last years, I thought it would've improved.... :(

Haven't played the career, but after 09, anything is an improvement.

As far as EA, the company has let me down with every game I've bought in recent years. They seem to pay more for marketing and presentation than actual game depth(funny that this also seems to be the consensus on ufc 10). Madden 10 was one of the most recent let downs.

I've been following this game closely on the official EA MMA forums and they seem to really be trying to put out a good game. I get more excited everyday. And with the great reviews it got coming out of E3 plus winning G4's Best Sports Title at E3 it's only adding to the excitement. This is their first dive into MMA so they realize they have to bring their A game. Plus with everyone complaining about Undisputed EA knows what to do and what not to do. They really do seem to care about this game and I've got faith.

And to be honest there is no way this game can be worse than UFC 2010. That's not even possible. And all the videos you see are at least 2 weeks old from the day they were released. They are still improving the game. And yes it looks cartoony, but the fighters still look like their real life images and unlike UFC they are actually suppose to fight like their real life selves (let's hope).

I've been following this game closely on the official EA MMA forums and they seem to really be trying to put out a good game. I get more excited everyday. And with the great reviews it got coming out of E3 it's only adding to the excitement. Plus with everyone complaining about Undisputed EA knows what to do and what not to do. They really do seem to care about this game and I've got faith.

-Sounds exactly what was saying I before they released the new Madden.....but just another crappy game meant to sell tons of copies to casual fans. EA spends lots of time and money hyping up their games. Expect the hype to increase steadily till released, then we'll get together and bitch here on the forums.

-They've had 10+ years of practice making football games and they still fail miserably.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to minimize the let down when they dump another shallow, glitchy game on the market.