Stylish new Fidel Puno Shirt!

Duxwig

I'm not going to lie, I've never liked you.

So stealing designs to "make a parody of them" is okay?

Something like this would revolutionize clothing companies...you sure you want to support that?

awesome...i don't even know who the fuk u are yet i apparently have some affect on u. lol.

so all those skate shirts (IRL) that parody company logos AREN'T stealing? so blixxx designed that shirt from scratch using NO other pre-made graphics?

wow...the only fully original designs on this game that i've seen are mediocre at best. everybody here is usin' someone else's shit and NOW it gets complained about? jesus christ son...even ur fukn sig is a stolen fukn pic...and i'm not sure if u remember this...but i came up wit the name for ur gym in chat. i'm curious how come blixxx hasn't weighed in? prolly cuz his lil COE lackeys are doin it for him loooooooool

...carry on...buncha fukn sissy bitches.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly base your morality on things you learn in an ethics class? Copywrite is more a law than it is a natural social imperative. In this way it is only a moral question if you base your morality on laws which is silly.

i would say for you to assume to know what i base my morality on is certainly as silly as what you're claiming in the first place. if you think it's okay to take something from someone that you don't know, that they worked hard (in most cases) on and sell it as your own with a few minor tweaks is okay, then maybe you basing your morality solely on an ethics class would be better than whatever you're basing them on now.

awesome...i don't even know who the fuk u are yet i apparently have some affect on u. lol.

so all those skate shirts (IRL) that parody company logos AREN'T stealing? so blixxx designed that shirt from scratch using NO other pre-made graphics?

wow...the only fully original designs on this game that i've seen are mediocre at best. everybody here is usin' someone else's shit and NOW it gets complained about? jesus christ son...even ur fukn sig is a stolen fukn pic...and i'm not sure if u remember this...but i came up wit the name for ur gym in chat. i'm curious how come blixxx hasn't weighed in? prolly cuz his lil COE lackeys are doin it for him loooooooool

i think most people who've made graphics on here are guilty of jackin grapics to incorporate into their own designs, but what has been done here is slightly different in my view.

i would say for you to assume to know what i base my morality on is certainly as silly as what you're claiming in the first place. if you think it's okay to take something from someone that you don't know, that they worked hard (in most cases) on and sell it as your own with a few minor tweaks is okay, then maybe you basing your morality solely on an ethics class would be better than whatever you're basing them on now.

I proposed that to think copywrite is a morality issue requires you to base your morality on laws since copywrite is not an issue that is imperative for social stability. I never said that's what you base your morality on but I am curious if that is the case. You proposed copywrite as a morality issue without making any argument to support your claim and responded defensively instead of supporting your argument.

I never claimed it was okay to directly take someone's art and sell it for a profit was okay, but instead said that since MMATycoon is not real, and there is no "profit" to be made from it, what is the harm in using images that are not your own? To simplify, if profit is the only decider for you on copywrite, are you asserting that MMATycoon virtual currency has real world value?

Puno going down.

see i have no problem with them selling that bloody shirt and piss shorts, but i also have no problem with the Anti Puno shirt. Its all in good fun for the fight and he made a topic about it, its not like he was trying to be sly and sell behind your back and make money, its quite obvious what hes trying to do.

Saying that, i dont see how you can complain about that with the blood piss combination. You just ripped off the Tycoon shirts.

Either way their both fair game imo.

I'm not a clothing company owner and I, like you, could care less. I just think it's funny that the company that got ripped off rips off other shit and it's somehow different. Hell, they sold ten shirts at $25 a piece. If it's really that big of a deal then I will buy $250 worth of ripped off clothing from F.U.C.K. to make sure that the church of elijah get's their cut.

The thread starter was excited to have the chance to fight Fidel Puno and take on Avon Barksdale. Most of my fighters are in Sydney and I'm stoked as hell when I get matched up with Chuck Steak(#10) or Mike Greywar(#40). My guys aren't close to good enough to take on their best guys but if I got to do that I'd be even happier. 4 of my 11 losses are to those managers and I want nothing more than to beat them, even just once.

I proposed that to think copywrite is a morality issue requires you to base your morality on laws since copywrite is not an issue that is imperative for social stability. I never said that's what you base your morality on but I am curious if that is the case. You proposed copywrite as a morality issue without making any argument to support your claim and responded defensively instead of supporting your argument.

I never claimed it was okay to directly take someone's art and sell it for a profit was okay, but instead said that since MMATycoon is not real, and there is no "profit" to be made from it, what is the harm in using images that are not your own? To simplify, if profit is the only decider for you on copywrite, are you asserting that MMATycoon virtual currency has real world value?

Puno going down.

ok i never said anything about "copywrite" issues. its still wrong. take laws away, out of the situation and look at it. it's a fucked up prick thing to do.

blixxx is out of the country, away from internet access. That's why I said something in the first place. I would want someone in my alliance to stick up for me if I was gone. I didn't think it would start four pages of bullshit, but hey, what're ya gonna do.

Puno going down.

Puno is Ike Turner and Bubba is Tina Turner, enough said haha

ok i never said anything about "copywrite" issues. its still wrong. take laws away, out of the situation and look at it. it's a fucked up prick thing to do.

Then in this instance you need to take into account that everyone is "borrowing" from someone else in the first place, what's wrong with borrowing what they borrowed?

Puno going down.

Then in this instance you need to take into account that everyone is "borrowing" from someone else in the first place, what's wrong with borrowing what they borrowed?

Puno going down.

did you ever do efeds back in the day?

alright, back from eastern europe where it seems like 90% of the women are models.

so, yeah i didnt draw the alexander, julius, or puno pics, but i did arrange them and thought of a design to put them onto a shirt. so yeah its lame that you took the shirt and put X's. totally different than the blood and piss stuff that i have.

but enough of that shit...the real only thing that matters is that everyone knows JMFC are a bunch of dweebs.

So stealing designs to "make a parody of them" is okay?

You seriously are trying to set a precedent that would change the clothing "game" forever. And, might I add, a precedent that would ruin what has already been established economically.

so can i go to 5th Round and save his pics and then open then in paint and then idk just place a stylish lookin red x on the lower corner and sell it as mine own? is that coo?

The precedent is already set IRL. Parody is legal pretty much everywhere, plagiarism isn't.

Sometimes the boundary between parody and plagiarism isn't 100% obvious. In the case of fan-shirt -> hate-shirt to hype a fight it's pretty damn obvious.

How many Puno-fans who would buy the original are gonna just buy the parody instead?

alright, back from eastern europe where it seems like 90% of the women are models.

so, yeah i didnt draw the alexander, julius, or puno pics, but i did arrange them and thought of a design to put them onto a shirt. so yeah its lame that you took the shirt and put X's. totally different than the blood and piss stuff that i have.

but enough of that shit...the real only thing that matters is that everyone knows JMFC are a bunch of dweebs.

There is nothing different b/w the two...he you took the mmatycoon magic shirts/shorts and drew on them...he took the puno shirt and drew on them...the magic shirts were not your original design and the puno shirt was not his design.

The fact he is not selling 1k shirts, or making a huge profit is what makes this so damn funny...he did it for a simple reason to hype up a fight he cares about, and you all get your panties in a wad...he did not do it in the background, he did not try to be sneaky, and he sold a whopping 10 shirts.

About the only thing i would comment on is that he could have asked, but in this situation he was doing something in the spirit of the game and was not out to hurt another company.

a bit off topic, but if u like to create a shirt with a face and design of a fighter, do u have to pay him with ingame money to get the rights?

He took your shirt and added a design on top of it. You took MikeTycoon's shirt and shorts and added a design on top of it.

I'm still waiting for the "totally different" thing to come into play.