An example of GnP

There was a thread made earlier about the technique of GnP-ing and if it was effective as a means of finishing a fight.

I wouldn't post this if I didn't think it wasn't worthy of getting noticed. I got lucky by landing into side control.

FACE versus O'keefe

My contribution from one of my better GnPers:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=138237

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=119338

And why bother with strikes if they are out before you even get a chance to hit em?? Probably one of my more surprising wins...considering his TD ability at the time.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=136100

slam KO's on here bug the crap out of me. like 90% of the ones that i've seen on here are done by shitty wrestlers (mediocre or worse) that likely also have relatively poor takedown skill. and yet there's exceptional/sensational wrestlers out there with wonderful takedowns and sensational strength that never get them. it's retarded.

slam KO's on here bug the crap out of me. like 90% of the ones that i've seen on here are done by shitty wrestlers (mediocre or worse) that likely also have relatively poor takedown skill. and yet there's exceptional/sensational wrestlers out there with wonderful takedowns and sensational strength that never get them. it's retarded.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=142701

Pretty much describes how that one worked...lol

yup, another example of a relatively weak/average wrestler getting a ko slam. i don't have problems with those guys getting them on occasion, but it certainly appears that weaker wrestlers get ko slams FAR more often than top-tier wrestlers.

De Booza moves into full mount! Diipadaa won't be happy about that!

Oooooh, big shot lands for De Booza! Diipadaa is hurt baaadly! De Booza is firing away with more strikes - Diipadaa is covering up... the ref is warning him to do something. He's just covering up though still and the ref has to step in to end the fight! This one is all over!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:55 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Strikes). Jacre De Booza!

ghost tap

I prefer at least 2 minutes of pounding before the ref steps in. Clearly the referees in mmatycoon are more lenient than those in real life, so I find it satisfying watching my fighter break someone's face in while the ref waits until the face actually caves in, then calls the stoppage.

yup, another example of a relatively weak/average wrestler getting a ko slam. i don't have problems with those guys getting them on occasion, but it certainly appears that weaker wrestlers get ko slams FAR more often than top-tier wrestlers.

Just speculation, could it be possible they are getting the Slam KO's since their wrestling skill isn't up to snuff, thus they don't know how to properly execute a takedown? Could be that they are just tossing the guys and they happen to land on their head?

^ ehhhh i dunno man.

A lot of the mechanics in this game are sketchy--for example the knees in clinch--unless you can post a series of fights that convincingly prove your argument it will always be speculative.

(i do agree with you though)

Yeah it's not that Slam KOs are more likely to happen for bad wrestlers, it's that bad wrestlers are more likely to soften up their opponents in the standup before getting a takedown.