World Cup Fantasty Football?

MMATycoon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL is football, The Pittsburgh Steelers are a football team. This game you speak of is called Soccer.

The NFL is football, The Pittsburgh Steelers are a football team. This game you speak of is called Soccer.

Football is actually the one where people use their feet to manipulate the ball and not their hands (hence the name football). The only place in the world where it is known as Soccer is America and Canada. The rest of the world knows your sport as American football.

See this wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C. - note the description as an English professional football team.

and this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburg_Steelers - note the description of the team you mentioned being an 'American' football team.

Now i've done fucked up! I thought that when you sub players you could sub em back and keep their points so naturally i subbed almost my entire eleven including my best scoring allstars, costing me mere 43 points! Gotta hope that the long shot new guys who i expect to score a few points surprise me....

And for stealpenn; you might've seen this before but just a reminder:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/30/633740374396768560-Football.jpg

I toyed and toyed with the idea of Maicon or Alves.....in the end i went for Alves......just like my Vidic/Marquez conundrum i made what at this point seems to be the wrong move...perhaps though they will come through for me yet.

Add to that Joe Cole didn't get on, Ledley king and Buffon got injured and you can start to see why my opening round score is suck ass.

I have Xavi and Villa so im hoping Villa gets a hattrick and Xavi makes them all!

Me too, I only read the rules too late. I had Forlan and Godin from uruguay (13 and 9 points) on the bench, but they played in the first day of the second round =/ Today I had Lahm from Germany scoring 3 points, going to bench later.

i went from 68th to 24th the other day thanks to David Villa, Ronaldo (Ronaldo was my captain for 34 points). I was the second highest scorer in round 2 after previously only getting a measly 40 something points.

hopefully they and my other big players can get some points for me before the last 16, my line up for that is gonna have to change a bit with a lot of players dropping out now.