Hiring free agents

Just hired this free agent figther for me http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=33346

He has good boxing and good wrestling and his secondary stats are realy good, but his physicals are shitty, he has proficent Strength and strong Conditioning, and he's 24 yo ( his former manager never visited the forum or Wiki i guess)

And he is a 6-6 figther with 3 straight looses and in one of his matches the tale of the tape shows Inexpirienced, altough he has KO Power.

I mean I have to work some time on his physicals and try to raise one stat and other, then he's ready to fight for real.

I picked him because I don't have any figther with great stats, and I don't have much money on my bank, so I could use him to pick some good contracts and make more money for myself.

Is this worthy? I need your opinon please :smile_anim:

Thank you for replying.

I will talk to the owner.

But my figther has a inactivity clause of 35 days, he just fought a couple of days ago so his current inactivity is 1. I can work on his physicals until I have to fight.

Like I've said before, is "this project" worthy of keeping?

Thank you for replying.

I will talk to the owner.

But my figther has a inactivity clause of 35 days, he just fought a couple of days ago so his current inactivity is 1. I can work on his physicals until I have to fight.

Like I've said before, is "this project" worthy of keeping?

Strictly speaking he is not a project, what he is a very solid semi-vet (in current terms) who with the right match ups and correct level of competition could be a very fruitful fighter to learn how to use sliders and teach you something about creating your own fighters.

If his physicals are poor then you are doing exactly the right thing to get him in a CT gym and work on them. He is clearly a solid fighter that could potentially be a very good pick up

free agents are free -- you just have to apply for them -- they go to the highest ranked manager trying for them --- on my fighters page just click on the hire free agent page for them -- you dont actually bid or pay for them - just the ranking system determines who they go too

haha, i fought that guy a while ago :D

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=87381

i'd say he's a pretty good pickup, and would probably have a better record if he didn't have shitty physicals. he has good hiddens (experience and knockout power), so with some training he should be pretty good.

(as i typed this there was an earthquake. ground's still shaking a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. nothing fell over or anything...yet :ph34r: )

i'd say he's a pretty good pickup, and would probably have a better record if he didn't have shitty physicals. he has good hiddens (experience and knockout power), so with some training he should be pretty good.

(as i typed this there was an earthquake. ground's still shaking a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. nothing fell over or anything...yet :ph34r: )

Not really, he was getting "inexperienced" on the hidden slot in his first match and just fighting 12 matches doesn't turn him into a very experienced guy IMO. Overall, I think he's a good pick for a not-really-that-hyped manager like you. However, I think if you can spend more time on the market, I think you might find better talents. I sure find a lot of great guys on the market when I am checking on it. This is the guy I picked after 3 days of free agent scouting months ago when I decided to try the free agent market for the fun of it:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=23627

Not really, he was getting "inexperienced" on the hidden slot in his first match and just fighting 12 matches doesn't turn him into a very experienced guy IMO. Overall, I think he's a good pick for a not-really-that-hyped manager like you.

well, his tale of the tape says experienced several times, starting in his 8th fight, so it's hardly bad.

how big was it?

free agents are free -- you just have to apply for them -- they go to the highest ranked manager trying for them --- on my fighters page just click on the hire free agent page for them -- you dont actually bid or pay for them - just the ranking system determines who they go too

im not sure if this is a good system

well, his tale of the tape says experienced several times, starting in his 8th fight, so it's hardly bad.

Oh...guess I missed it. But from inexperienced to experienced in 7-8 fights? That's darn fast.

im not sure if this is a good system

I agree with you.

Thank you guys for replying.

After finishing the training I hope I can get some victories to improve his record and get some better contracts for him.

He's my first FA and I new that hype was needed to get better FAs, I started February and I'm 12-2 as manager (now 18-7 because the figths of the new figther goes to my record) so I knew I couldn't get the best FAs around.

really depends on the FA, 2 of my best fighters are FAs, granted I didn't give them wins but its a risk. I prefer to get an experienced guy over a rookie that I might regret completely and sack him eventually.

Not really, he was getting "inexperienced" on the hidden slot in his first match and just fighting 12 matches doesn't turn him into a very experienced guy IMO. Overall, I think he's a good pick for a not-really-that-hyped manager like you. However, I think if you can spend more time on the market, I think you might find better talents. I sure find a lot of great guys on the market when I am checking on it. This is the guy I picked after 3 days of free agent scouting months ago when I decided to try the free agent market for the fun of it:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=23627

I don't think Inexperienced is that bad, i've noticed it gets replaced by something fairly quick (3 fights is the least i've seen) if the manager doesn't immediately sack them.

yeah it's fast, which i haven't seen before. makes me think that ALL his other hiddens are quite high (but just below the threshpoint for showing up on TOTT)

What does the other hiddens have to do with the situation, just wonder? Isn't that as long as the experience rise up to a certain level then it will show on the ToTT, disregard of other hiddens?

I don't think Inexperienced is that bad, i've noticed it gets replaced by something fairly quick (3 fights is the least i've seen) if the manager doesn't immediately sack them.

Never knew that but a good thing to know for me.

What does the other hiddens have to do with the situation, just wonder? Isn't that as long as the experience rise up to a certain level then it will show on the ToTT, disregard of other hiddens?

Never knew that but a good thing to know for me.

it shows off their best hiddens, from my understanding. although there are priorities and different orders depending which side your fighter is on the ToTT (left side or right side).

it went from "inexperienced" on left side of the ToTT in his first fight, to "likes ground" on the right side in his second fight. it stayed like that for a bit, and by his 4th fight his experience hidden was above the mendoza line (whatever the magic number is for a hidden that you need to be above in order to avoid a negative statement about it on the ToTT) so it said "likes ground" even on the left side of the ToTT. soon enough his experience was high enough to show a positive statement about it on the left side. during that time something also happened in order to change the right side from "likes ground" to "ko power". "likes ground" could possibly be related to slider settings, so perhaps he set his sliders less towards takedowns in that fight, or perhaps he trained his boxing/punch/strength/etc high enough for the "ko power" to show up. dunno for sure.

it could show by who he was hired, anyway...

This fighter has not been distributed to anyone yet, you could still get him. Fighters are distributed once a day at 12.10 GMT so if a fighters free agency finishes after that even by a couple of minutes, you need to wait 24 hours to find out who got him.