Gym fees cap discussion

OK, so we need a gym fees cap for a number of reasons.

1. so that people can't just change the gym fees on Thursday just before they get charged and rinse everyone at their gym for a load of money.

2. so that people don't generally manipulate the system, like we have in Vegas now with a gym with no coaches charging $150.

So I propose a max gym fee cap of $50 plus $40 per coach.

Thoughts?

N.B. There is currently a fixed cap in place of $300 and a minimum of $50.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a gym in Rio and my feelings towards a cap are pretty neutral. My only worry would be a 40$ cap per coach might cause some problems for coaches who are skilled in multiple disciplines and demand a higher weekly salary.

I think that what you have now ( maximum of 300$ and minimum of 50$) is enough.

If some people do what is mentioned in 1 or 2 then there need to be something that allows to change gym fees (or coaches) only once per week (like part time -full time training) It would be preferable if you can only change it once per week (on Fridays after the fees are paid would be the best)

That doesn't stop option 2.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=138

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=144

These guys are just sparring only gyms which is fine but they've put the price to a silly level and are basically skimming money from their own fighters via the gym.

I'm sure this probably stems from where I have most of my fighters...Canadian Top Team, the best camp around! Most of our guys are making decent money so we have the money to burn for elite coaches. I think it comes down to having a trustworthy gym manager. If you're foolish enough to pay outrageous prices--then you're probably not that into this game and deserve the short end of the stick. Maybe that's a little harsh.

Maybe a ratio cap would be appropriate. Like you can only earn X percentage of off your team comparative to the expenses you are paying out.

I don't really like the idea of a cap. Or at least, not a cap as low as 3 or 5 hundred.

What I do like though is a maximum weekly increase AND an automatic message sent to all managers with fighters in a gym that goes out whenever an increase is made. That way managers are actively kept aware of the ongoings at their gym.

I second the no-cap and an the alert to camp members for a price raise but we do need a quick fix before that can be implemented. Is it possible to raise the cap on just one gym or do you have to do it to all at once? As far as I can tell, CTT is the only gym that's looking to push the 300$ cap in the near future so if it's possible to just raise their cap then problem fixed?

Guys, these are WEEKLY fees. $500 per week is absolutely insane in the first place. Anything above that, to me at least, seems farcical. Remember that in the real world people have to spend money on houses, cars, food, children etc. Here they only have to spend money on gym fees. It's already unrealistic on that front so if there was no cap we could be paying like $10,000 per week on gym fees if there was no cap, which is just completely pointless imho.

Guys, these are WEEKLY wages. $500 per week is absolutely insane in the first place. Anything above that, to me at least, seems farcical. Remember that in the real world people have to spend money on houses, cars, food, children etc. Here they only have to spend money on gym fees. It's already unrealistic on that front so if there was no cap we could be paying like $10,000 per week on gym fees if there was no cap, which is just completely pointless imho.

plus when orgs cant pay their fighters enough to train there -- only certain orgs giving out that kind of money and probably certain managers

but thats the way it is unless your rich from the start -- lmao

OK, so we need a gym fees cap for a number of reasons.

1. so that people can't just change the gym fees on Thursday just before they get charged and rinse everyone at their gym for a load of money.

2. so that people don't generally manipulate the system, like we have in Vegas now with a gym with no coaches charging $150.

So I propose a max gym fee cap of $50 plus $40 per coach.

Thoughts?

N.B. There is currently a fixed cap in place of $300 and a minimum of $50.

I would rather just put something in place that says gym fees could only be raised on fridays or something so everyone has a week to decide if they want to stay or not.

$50 plus $40 a coach is a little too low. It hurts gyms that want to stay small and keep a 20:1 fighter to coach ratio. For example for a 60 fighter gym to get 3 coaches in which 2 caoches are elite in 2 disiplines and 1 in elite in 1 disipline, it would cost $200 a fighter. I think that raising the per coach amount a little bit ($60 or $70) would be better.

Guys, these are WEEKLY fees. $500 per week is absolutely insane in the first place. Anything above that, to me at least, seems farcical. Remember that in the real world people have to spend money on houses, cars, food, children etc. Here they only have to spend money on gym fees. It's already unrealistic on that front so if there was no cap we could be paying like $10,000 per week on gym fees if there was no cap, which is just completely pointless imho.

Very true in real life I pay about $90 a month for my MMA gym membership

That doesn't stop option 2.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=138

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=144

These guys are just sparring only gyms which is fine but they've put the price to a silly level and are basically skimming money from their own fighters via the gym.

The top ones my gym, and there my fighters in it. Whats the problem? if i set it to £50 every tom dick an harry could join , i only want good fighters for the sparring.when we can make gyms private it'll be problem solved.

I don't really like the idea of a cap. Or at least, not a cap as low as 3 or 5 hundred.

What I do like though is a maximum weekly increase AND an automatic message sent to all managers with fighters in a gym that goes out whenever an increase is made. That way managers are actively kept aware of the ongoings at their gym.

I like this idea. Also, make it so you can only change the price Friday thru Tuesday, so the managers have time to react to the changing of the weekly rate if they so choose.

Actually it wouldn't be problem solved, it would be problem perpetuated. The issue with your gym is clearly that you've got no costs. The "costs" in this game are purely coach fees - there is no gym rent for example. So basically you're just taking money out of your fighter's bank balance and filtering into your own managerial balance.

If you want to just have nice sparring then you can set your gym capacity to 10. The fee being set at e.g. $150 is absolutely no relevance to the quality of the sparring - all it does is filter money from your fighters into the company.

I like this idea. Also, make it so you can only change the price Friday thru Tuesday, so the managers have time to react to the changing of the weekly rate if they so choose.

It's a nice idea in principle but it's also something that takes maybe a 5 hours of programming instead of about 10 minutes, so it depends if you all want other stuff doing, or whether this is a top priority to work this very slightly differently.

It also doesn't safeguard against people who don't log in. Say you had 20 inactive fighters in your gym, you could still up the price and make thousands in profit from it, just off the inactive fighters.

Well I think that there needs to be some sort of reform. However, as with the last time we had to change something, it would invariably piss off current gym owners. Last time the major gym owner get so pissed off that he just left the game... Quite silly of him in my opinion but people are very averse to change once they've got their head set in a certain direction.

I think perhaps there just needs to be a fixed land rental fee. Maybe $500 per week sort of range. I also think that at the very least, if you have no coaches then there needs to be a cap on gym fees to something like $50 (same as Cozad), just to prevent money laundering.

Well I think that there needs to be some sort of reform. However, as with the last time we had to change something, it would invariably piss off current gym owners. Last time the major gym owner get so pissed off that he just left the game... Quite silly of him in my opinion but people are very averse to change once they've got their head set in a certain direction.

I think perhaps there just needs to be a fixed land rental fee. Maybe $500 per week sort of range. I also think that at the very least, if you have no coaches then there needs to be a cap on gym fees to something like $50 (same as Cozad), just to prevent money laundering.

what money could you be laundering? Why should someone daft fees to spar at their gym? The gyms not in any debt an i still have to pay for upkeep.

Great game btw

Not saying this is necessarily your goal from the gym, but if you have virtually no costs (cos you have no coach), then you can take money from fighters and pass it on to your own managerial account. If you run a gym with coaches, that's not possible because you need more than just your own fighters to cover weekly costs.