Height limits on weight classes

I'm sure its been discussed before but I'm bringing it up again

7 foot tall 135ers is unrealistic

I don't really have any suggestions but I think something needs to be done because as it is now its completely unrealistic.

Yeah, he will be an easy tkd.

You can "create" a fighter with these stats, but it will make his fighting skills worse

So you're against this?

Wtf? This can be discouraged through chat and forums? Wow that is a huge load of crap. ur gonna what? wow. And whats this bs about skills getting worse. Bs also. U been here long enough to find the proper threads about height related testing.

Wtf? This can be discouraged through chat and forums? Wow that is a huge load of crap. ur gonna what? wow. And whats this bs about skills getting worse. Bs also. U been here long enough to find the proper threads about height related testing.

Right now there is a very difficult situation going on within the game, which I like to think of as growing pains. There are a lot of people fighting to keep the freedoms while others want restrictions placed upon the game. So rather than leaping into things two footed, far more needs to become consensus than knee jerk reactions. Something Mike is very good at adjudging.

So.

There are plenty of things that can be done to discourage these things. Several orgs I know of simply refuse to sign "freak" fighters and others see it as a perfectly legitimate reason to reject a fight which already severely limits the potential gain (which there undoubtable is). Further on to this, if people advise against these types it will all lead to a negative against these fighters.

This will then lead to either them dying out (for the most part) or Mike will see this move against them and will spend the time to change it. This will be much easier than going through the system, grandfathering in existing fighters and all the programming involved that good be dedicated to other tasks.

I would suggest this is something that can simply be discouraged through the forum and chat rather than something that needs to be changed

As much as I hate to agree with the guy who types like a 10 year old, how do you expect a new user to check the forum or the chat before creating a fighter? It's totally realistic to have a height cap depending on your weight.

As much as I hate to agree with the guy who types like a 10 year old, how do you expect a new user to check the forum or the chat before creating a fighter? It's totally realistic to have a height cap depending on your weight.

Chances are these fighters will be relatively poorly made (certainly my first fighters were) and hopefully by the time they are coming around to create their second set of guys, the idea of the freak build being bad will have been emphasized. Don't get me wrong it is not a perfect system but it is one way to show how many people want this rather than a dozen polls over a couple of months with 8 - 10 posters who are disgruntled.

Damn I'm glad Cardiff is here to give both sides perspective :)

I'm one of the guys who's been attempting to maintain the freedom and control we've enjoyed in this game up to this point.

In light of that, while I understand your frustration, the way to fix every little problem you have in this game is not by reducing the choices of other players.

I would suggest renaming the thread actually, bcuz there's got to be better ways to curb this behavior than restriction of heights in weightclasses. Personally I've never had a 210+ guy give me any problems I couldn't handle. Just about everything in this game can be counteracted with careful planning and slider control.

I don't really see a necessity for change, as unrealistic as it may be in some instances, and I think all adding a height limit would do is insure we start having the majority of guys in every WC created at Max Limit... that's just the nature of people.

Again, I don't think a change is needed, but if it were being contemplated, I would rather see more realistic, heavily weighted, negative modifiers be put on the Extremely Tall fighters in low WC's and the Extremely Short ones in High WC's.

A Twig, as stated, should have a very hard time with Takedown D. It should be practically non-exsistant for a 225/135lb'er. I'd Imagine the penalty once they hit the ground should be increased/added as well. Cuz I can't see an average height 135'er having too many problems wrestling with a piece of string. Perhaps an added chance of injury as well fighting at those exagerated proportions.

For the Short Heavy fighters... An Extremely short, HW should not have strikes land that would demand that the fighter have a 32 in vertical in RL to connect. Striking should be very hard for them against their taller adversaries, and again, I would imagine a much heftier cardio/energy penalty for a 300 lb, 4'0" ball trying to remain mobile and active.

Again, I'm not really sure anything needs to be changed, cuz I personally haven't had any problems with either extreme, but if it is felt necessary, I really hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve gutting the Freedom of Fighter Creation.

Damn I'm glad Cardiff is here to give both sides perspective :)

I'm one of the guys who's been attempting to maintain the freedom and control we've enjoyed in this game up to this point.

In light of that, while I understand your frustration, the way to fix every little problem you have in this game is not by reducing the choices of other players.

I would suggest renaming the thread actually, bcuz there's got to be better ways to curb this behavior than restriction of heights in weightclasses. Personally I've never had a 210+ guy give me any problems I couldn't handle. Just about everything in this game can be counteracted with careful planning and slider control.

I don't really see a necessity for change, as unrealistic as it may be in some instances, and I think all adding a height limit would do is insure we start having the majority of guys in every WC created at Max Limit... that's just the nature of people.

Again, I don't think a change is needed, but if it were being contemplated, I would rather see more realistic, heavily weighted, negative modifiers be put on the Extremely Tall fighters in low WC's and the Extremely Short ones in High WC's.

A Twig, as stated, should have a very hard time with Takedown D. It should be practically non-exsistant for a 225/135lb'er. I'd Imagine the penalty once they hit the ground should be increased/added as well. Cuz I can't see an average height 135'er having too many problems wrestling with a piece of string. Perhaps an added chance of injury as well fighting at those exagerated proportions.

For the Short Heavy fighters... An Extremely short, HW should not have strikes land that would demand that the fighter have a 32 in vertical in RL to connect. Striking should be very hard for them against their taller adversaries, and again, I would imagine a much heftier cardio/energy penalty for a 300 lb, 4'0" ball trying to remain mobile and active.

Again, I'm not really sure anything needs to be changed, cuz I personally haven't had any problems with either extreme, but if it is felt necessary, I really hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve gutting the Freedom of Fighter Creation.

Sure does sound a lot harder to code than a simple height limit based on weight.

I honestly can't believe anyone here is actually against this. I hate change as much as the next guy but I would have thought that most of us would want a more realistic game.

Sure does sound a lot harder to code than a simple height limit based on weight.

I honestly can't believe anyone here is actually against this. I hate change as much as the next guy but I would have thought that most of us would want a more realistic game.

I don't recall saying it would be easier?

Even so, I imagine since there is supposedly already a mechanic in place for negative modifiers, it would be easier to modify the exsisting engine than coding in a brand new one and trying to figure out wut to do with all the guys that have already been created who wouldn't fall into the conformed limits. Not to mention the underlying complications this would have on fighter's who switch WC's.

But I'm no coder.

I'm all for realism, but I'm not sure having arbitrary restrictions is wut I'd call realistic.

Having Realistic consequences for abnormal height and weight choices seems more based in the realm of reality, and it doesn't hamper anyone's creative freedoms.

Also, as previously stated, I'm not entirely sure any kind of change needs to be made... I've never had a problem handling Too Tall Jones or Short Round.

what you give up in takedown/sub def you make up in unstoppable overpowered standup skills.

Were this actually the case the game would be dominated by these freeak fighters. It isn't.

I'm not going to continue to argue this anymore. All it takes is one person to disagree and it gets put off. Mike has stated that unless we unanamously agree on something it wont be implemented. I'm just wasting my energy here

Delete the thread

If in your mind the only fix is a restriction of fighter creation, Then Yes.. I disagree, by all means, Delete the worthless Thread.

If you're purpose with this thread was to be right, and implement a change to the game where Height is limited by WC, then yea, you're prolly gonna fail.

If on the other hand your thread was created in an effort to find a way to curb or hinder the creation of abnormal fighters then don't give up.

Just bcuz people arent necessarily aggreeing with your idea of tackling the problem doesn't mean a solution can't be found in another avenue of thought.

I straight up thought that people were going to agree that we shouldnt have 7 foot tall 135 fighters. I was wrong and although people may not encourage it they arnt willing to take the proper steps to have it removed. I'm down for limiting their abilities even more but I'm even more down for having it be impossible to make them. But with all the communist dictatorship stuff that has been going on in this game I can see how people are a little wary of giving up their "freedoms" for the good of the game.

But I honestly cant discuss this any farther as it is really stressing me out for some odd reason

Having Realistic consequences for abnormal height and weight choices seems more based in the realm of reality, and it doesn't hamper anyone's creative freedoms.

I think this is the best course of action. A 225 cm tall bantamweight probably shouldn't be capable of fighting, so the negatives would have to be dialed up considerably.

I think this is the best course of action. A 225 cm tall bantamweight probably shouldn't be capable of fighting, so the negatives would have to be dialed up considerably.

Most tall super athletes go into basketball, why would you mess up your body and live in a mobile home when you can play bball and be rich?

here is the harsh reality. there are freaks in this world and we cant tell them they are not allowed to fight. now i think the game should not allow anything the world has not seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manute_Bol

bol is 7 ft 7 in 231.1 cm tall

would be able to cut to 205 lbs

now, im sure the guy tried to put on as much weight as possible to be better at basketball. He could possibly drop to the 185 lb ranks if he tried.

so if you got a 185 lb guy at 7'7"

the heaviest 7' fighter possible would make weight at 166.5 lbs

so if you got a 185 lb guy at 7'7"

the heaviest 7' fighter possible would make weight at 166.5 lbs

that is real life, and we are playing a game. so in that perspective the game is not so far off.

Manute Bol was a freakishly tall and thin person at his regular weight. I doubt his body could have withstood the hardships of professional fighting anyway, let alone if we was trying to cut weight. As far as Bol making 185, that is unadulterated horseshit. I'll believe it when I see it.

For comparison purposes, Gheorghe Mureşan is also 7'7" and he weighs more than 300 pounds. Although his proportions definitely aren't as freakishly terrifying as Bol's, Muresan isn't carrying around a lot of extra bulk.

7'7" Manute Bol looked unhealthy at 225 pounds, but that's not even what we're talking about here. We're talking about 7'4" athletes being effective fighters at 135 pounds or less. In one case the guy is less than 100 pounds, and those situations are completely preposterous. The engine should be applying much larger negative modifiers, because people with those proportions should barely be able to move, let alone fight.

Here's a selection from the wikipedia link that you posted:

Due to his height and extremely long limbs, Bol was one of the league's most imposing defensive presences, blocking shots at an unprecedented rate.[7] Along with setting the rookie shot blocking record in 1985-86, over the course of his career Bol tied for the NBA record for the most blocked shots in one half (eleven) and in one quarter (eight, twice)[8], and he holds the all time NBA record for most blocked shots per minute, (.176). In a game against the Orlando Magic, he blocked four consecutive shots within a single possession.[9] However, his other basketball skills were very limited, and his rail-thin physique made it difficult for him to establish position against the league's physical centers and power forwards.

Bol could barely play basketball with his physique. What makes anyone think he could fight?

Here's a selection from the wikipedia link that you posted:

Bol could barely play basketball with his physique. What makes anyone think he could fight?

wow you took that out of context!

It said establish position against the league's physical centers and power forwards. That means the biggest most physical centers in the NBA. not all players, just the best and biggest in the NBA.

do you think kendall grove could establish any position against anyone? NO, does it matter? if your fighting mark munos and he gets double underhooks, yeah.

but yeah your correct, he could BARELY play ball. Probly never made it to the big shows. how did everyone hear about him if he was only playing at the local parks on the blacktop? Weird how he holds records in the NBA considering he couldnt get out of his wheel chair.

It is common knowledge that the top, most gifted athletes go into the NBA and NFL and any other sport besides MMA. So bol couldnt physically push around the best physical specimens at center, he could only push around half of the players in the NBA... so he must be a cripple.

Let's get this out of the way, then:

Do you believe that Manute Bol could have been an effective fighter? Do you believe someone far thinner could have been an effective fighter?

These are yes or no questions.

when you choose your fighters height in the game MMAtycoon, is your next option

2.) choose now if you want an effective fighter

a. YES

b. NO

lol, just trying to be funny. but yeah, were here to play a game and create fighters that are.. going to fight. We are not here to create crappy fighters, but set that option to 225 cm and you just might get a crappy fighter. but a fighter none the less. you might also find a way to build that 225 cm fighter into a formidable opponent.