Keith Jardine cut by the UFC following TUF 11 Finale loss to Matt Hamill

Former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 2 contestant and 13-fight Octagon veteran Keith Jardine has been released by the UFC following his TUF 11 Finale loss to Matt Hamill on June 19 in Las Vegas.

That’s the word from MMA Fighting, who confirmed Jardine’s release with Dana White earlier today.

“The Dean of Mean” had dropped four consecutive bouts and six of his last eight over the span of three years. In addition to losing last Saturday night to “The Hammer,” Jardine came up empty against Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Thiago Silva, and Ryan Bader.

Not exactly the weakest competition.

Regardless, the man who kept himself in contention by defeating the likes of Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell will now earn his next win, or loss, in an organization not named the UFC.

Anyone want to lay odds on how quickly he turns up in Strikeforce?

I enjoy watching Jardine's fights. He's got a unique style and his glass jaw gives a constant sense of suspense of: "when will the punch get landed."

• 2 weeks later...
what a shame. i've always felt bad for jardine. he's a terrific fighter but he made a mistake in his career, he beat top notch fighters. that automatically catapulted him into an endless stream of fighting superior fighters, i think it's pretty unfair for the ufc to cut "the dean of mean".

Unfair? You realize he has lost his last four fights, right? I mean I don't think it will matters if he's faced top competition because if he can't hack it, then he shouldn't be in the UFC.

Unfair? You realize he has lost his last four fights, right? I mean I don't think it will matters if he's faced top competition because if he can't hack it, then he shouldn't be in the UFC.

I know he has. He's just always been an excellent showman and he is constantly facing the top of the class. While Hamill and Bader aren't necessarily considered top-level LHW's yet, they're both extremely legitimate fighters.