Straight Dick Move by Adolf Anderson

RoLe

Recently I made a fighter trade with ROF in Hilo. This is not a rip on ROF so don't get upset.

This is a rip on our #1 Manager Adolf Anderson. I needed a LW as a filler fight last week and it happens

ROF needed a 205 filler so we agreed on a 1 fight trade. I gave ROF Adolf Anderson's 205 from my Org

and after his fight I sent over the contract for the remaining 3 fights but to my surprise he declined it saying

" Sorry dude. I'm gonna train Anton for a bit and then sign with a more active org. I'm a sucker for event previews/reviews and things like that."

so my response was " That's kind of fucked up dude. If I knew you were going to dick me on that 1 fight deal I would have never released you and WTF do you mean more " active" ? I hold events every week. " which he replied with " I meant active as in doing previews/reviews etc etc. Your org homepage hasn't been updated since 2009. I'll pay you the signing bonus back of course. Do you remember how much it was? riv ".

So am I to believe I lost his fighter cause I don't send annoying daily e-mails about my Org? I doubt that is the case but if it truely is then that's the weakest excuse I've ever heard.

Part of the back story here is after he fought in ROF I sent a 5 fight contract figuring he was loyal to my Org which he requested a 3 fight contract with the same Base/Win Pay " Contract 2010-06-27 00:00:00

Make it a 3 fight contract with same fight/win pay and we're good :) " which I sent out.

So point here is you can't trust someone to keep there word and the whole trading of Contracts/Exclusive/Non-Exclusive needs to be put in place ASAP

as well as letting everyone what a Dick Move Adolf Anderson just pulled on me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I made a fighter trade with ROF in Hilo. This is not a rip on ROF so don't get upset.

This is a rip on our #1 Manager Adolf Anderson. I needed a LW as a filler fight last week and it happens

ROF needed a 205 filler so we agreed on a 1 fight trade. I gave ROF Adolf Anderson's 205 from my Org

and after his fight I sent over the contract for the remaining 3 fights but to my surprise he declined it saying

" Sorry dude. I'm gonna train Anton for a bit and then sign with a more active org. I'm a sucker for event previews/reviews and things like that."

so my response was " That's kind of fucked up dude. If I knew you were going to dick me on that 1 fight deal I would have never released you and WTF do you mean more " active" ? I hold events every week. " which he replied with " I meant active as in doing previews/reviews etc etc. Your org homepage hasn't been updated since 2009. I'll pay you the signing bonus back of course. Do you remember how much it was? riv ".

So am I to believe I lost his fighter cause I don't send annoying daily e-mails about my Org? I doubt that is the case but if it truely is then that's the weakest excuse I've ever heard.

Part of the back story here is after he fought in ROF I sent a 5 fight contract figuring he was loyal to my Org which he requested a 3 fight contract with the same Base/Win Pay " Contract 2010-06-27 00:00:00

Make it a 3 fight contract with same fight/win pay and we're good :) " which I sent out.

So point here is you can't trust someone to keep there word and the whole trading of Contracts/Exclusive/Non-Exclusive needs to be put in place ASAP

as well as letting everyone what a Dick Move Adolf Anderson just pulled on me.

Let me start by saying thanks for being a nice guy, NOT. ROF asked for him to fight Freddy Lee my fighter.

We took a lose to the best manager on the game do to your deal, Oh and if it where not for a early stand up while we where in the middle of fighting for position, he would have been beaten. Piss me off.

So in short you are not the only one that got FUCKED in this deal.

We need some game mechanics to cover this situation clearly...

Oh... and my new slogan...

"Vault Tech MMA - Pulling dick moves since 1864."

Of course he pulled a dick move, the dude brutalizes children for training purposes. This is small time for Adolf.

Hilarious interview.

I kind of get where Adolf is coming from. I really do like in-depth previews and reviews and will definitely be giving preference to orgs that do them in the future.

Sounds like he was going to ask for the time to train anyway, and it seemed like a good opportunity for him to cut ties. Certainly doesn't seem malicious or anything.

Of course he pulled a dick move, the dude brutalizes children for training purposes. This is small time for Adolf.

That is funny, and quite creative.

Adolf is wrong for not honoring the contract he originally signed, there is no mistake there. From the look of his forum interview creativity, he is looking for an org that shares with his own creative writing. Role, your org is about to have its 53rd event and your home page has a recap of event #19, its obvious the writeups are not a huge concern for you, and that is fine, but it seems to be for Adolf. With all that being said, Adolf should have honored the contract and left after his last fight to find an org more his speed.

Role, even though you view sending out previews/recaps as annoying, many others look forward to and enjoy hearing about their fighters. You may want to look at Adolf's constructive criticism and make some changes before you lose other top talent in your org.

Long term effect on your org RoLe...? Minimal Im guessing.

Barely a need for a call out thread. Eat the loss and move on, but wait he offered you your money back at least, so the only real loss is your pride I suppose.

We should get auto buyouts of contracts as well put into the negotiations so people can leave for a fee. No one should be able to hold fighters hostage.

he wasnt holding anyone hostage -- just riv wanted right ups and stuff -- i understand that but should finish out original contract -- i knew this would be an issue sooner or later -- actually surprised it took this long seeing how superfights been happening for awhile -- especially when so many other orgs fighting for people they make offers and others deals when they see your going to get released for a superfight -- and i dont agree with buyouts -- too many people will just jump to the next better offer they get -- you think its hard on lower orgs just wait till something like that does get put in -- which i hope it never does -- you should finish your contracts period

I can see both sides of the coin, as a non org owner Ill agree to your experiences on the matter being more informed than mine.

I still dont see this as a deal big enough to require a thread.

PBR people have done it before. I believe Emile Haisenberg did something like this while doing the ICON tournament. Not sure though, so if I'm wrong, I apologize.

PBR people have done it before. I believe Emile Haisenberg did something like this while doing the ICON tournament. Not sure though, so if I'm wrong, I apologize.

thats screwed up --- and for the post above yours -- while this one may not be a big deal cause he isn't a champ but champs start doing stuff like this and it starts costing orgs big time hype for having to strip titles or lost of money for not fulfilling their contract -- this isnt the same as a fighter holding a org hostage cause he wants renew or out of contract -- just like strikeforce or ufc any orgs that lend their fighters are still under contract not getting released like org owners here have too putting trust that they come back cause they are never let out of contract -------- its something that needs to be maybe looked into and something maybe added so they dont have to be let out of contracts to do fights for other orgs -- maybe a addition like for letting them qfc but the instead of it being qfc its for another org to book them

Emile definitely went to Syn instead of Warriors FC after the ICON tournament, but I always thought there was a deal between backelie and DirtyBoxer about that. I could just be assuming things there.

Either way, from rumblings that occasionally make their way through chat, I don't think this is the first time this has happened. I have suggested before, and I continue to support, a fix that allows, under the acceptance of 3 parties (two orgs and a fighter), a fighter to be under contract to his home org, but participate in a fight for another org. I suggested this during the ICON fiasco as a way around using the SHW division to hold a LW tournament and this was one of the added bonuses.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?...rfight+contract

I see what he meant, write ups and interviews are fun, I'd rather be in an org that has those any day than one that doesn't. It may not be fun for oyu but it is for the fighter's managers that are in you're org.

But he really should of honored he contract, so yes, this was a dick move.

The ICON event that Freddy Lee won :dancing:

I would not be happy if this happened to me ...

Riv has a fighter in my org and has always been a standup guy - and will be shortly fighting for a title. I have never had a contract negotiation go sour with him perhaps because I do a lot of previews/wrap ups to make the fighters here enjoy their time in the org?

I understand where you are coming from Role - would be majorly pissed if I lost a guy after a superfight swap ...