Blitzkrieg announces merger with Total Destruction Combat and two new gyms!

Hey all!

Blitzkrieg is very happy to announce that we will soon be merging with Total Destruction Combat. As you can guess now, this is really big news! Both TDC and ourselves are two top 5 orgs and this is quite possibly the biggest merger in the history of MMATycoon.

We've been working on this for the last couple of months and have managed to talk to all the TDC fighters and all of them have agreed to make the move to Blitzkrieg! We shall be hosting title unification bouts over the coming weeks and will be gradually moving fighters into Blitzkrieg and BFE. In addition, Eric will also be joining Blitzkrieg as a staff-member (and co-owner) and help handle the additional workload. Again, this is really exciting news and should result in some great times ahead!

In addition to the merger, we are also adding 2 new gyms to the existing Blitzkrieg gyms. We'll be completely re-arranging the way the gyms are structured in order to create a better system of gyms. The 4 gyms will be:

• Blitzkrieg Boxing
  • Blitzkrieg Muay Thai
  • Blitzkrieg Wrestling
  • Blitzkrieg Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ, heh! Credit to Grip for the name!)

As the gym structure is rather large, I uploaded it so you can check it out here. Read through it before reading the next part (where I explain how we aim for it to work). Basically, all Blitzkrieg (and BFE) fighters will be invited into all the gyms. The idea is to switch gyms as per your training requirement. People can switch gyms on Thursday's without paying an extra $600 if they don't earn enough to pay more than that per week. However, the gym costs to us should be something nearing 100k weekly so if you have a highly paid fighter, you can hop into the gyms and help alleviate that a bit :)

Classes have been organized so that they are bunched together, this way, you are sure you find low class sizes in whatever you have to train. In addition, we will have sparring bots in the respective disciplines (i.e. Boxing partner in Blitz Boxing, etc). As for the sparring schedule, as you saw, each gym will only have a schedule set for its specific discipline. This way, you can set up 1on1 session between yourselves in all the other sessions (for example, it becomes really easy to set up a 1on1 Wrestling session in the Boxing, MT or BJJ gyms). In addition, there will also be a Superb or higher only sparring session in the AM sessions for each discipline. In essence, we've made the gyms as good as possible and the level of training should be equal if not better than most private gyms in the game.

This is huge news for Blitzkrieg and our fighters, hopefully you guys like it as well :)

Cheers!

Shiv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been working on this for the last couple of months and have managed to talk to all the TDC fighters and all of them have agreed to make the move to Blitzkrieg!
So, the number 3 org is merging into the number 5 org instead of the other way around? Conspiracy!

BFC = MMA Tycoon's Illuminati.

So, the number 3 org is merging into the number 5 org instead of the other way around? Conspiracy!

BFC = MMA Tycoon's Illuminati.

Org hype fluctuates week to week, some weeks TDC ends up #1, some weeks we end up #1, we're pretty even in that respect!

We felt Blitz was the better place to do it as it had a better brand built up and a better base of fighters.

Thanks @ all the guys who wished us luck!

Congrats to all involved in the merger.

Having almost all of my fighters exclusivly in Hilo this is great news. Cant wait to see some of the potential match ups, and for someone to beat that fucker James Tobin!!! A constant thorn in my side.

The merger will also be good for ROF, EFC and BFE Id imagine as the overall competition in BFC will be quite high, meaning managers may opt for the nuber 2 and 3 orgs to ply their trade. Good move which benefits the whole of Hilo imo.

Having almost all of my fighters exclusivly in Hilo this is great news. Cant wait to see some of the potential match ups, and for someone to beat that fucker James Tobin!!! A constant thorn in my side.

This is one of the main reasons Blitz and TDC were eager to do this. For too long, Blitz Champions and TDC Champions would swap spots on the Hilo rankings. Now we get to see some of those dream matchups.

Who isn't looking forward to James Tobin vs Magnum PI? (Assuming they both win their final matches before unification!)

This is one of the main reasons Blitz and TDC were eager to do this. For too long, Blitz Champions and TDC Champions would swap spots on the Hilo rankings. Now we get to see some of those dream matchups.

Who isn't looking forward to James Tobin vs Magnum PI? (Assuming they both win their final matches before unification!)

Holy shit, 14-0 with 14 KOs. His popularity is unbelievable.

And why not? Exciting times in Hilo - come be a part of it!

Exciting times for sure. I'll let you guys know when I have a BFC worthy fighter free for the challenge. =)

Holy shit, 14-0 with 14 KOs. His popularity is unbelievable.

dude is Shane Carwin status. has only been past 2:30 of the second round TWICE and one was his very first fight. wish my guy got a shot at him before this merger though. I bet i'll fight him coming off a loss when magnum subs him -.-

Looking foward to seeing what this does for Hilo

Id suggest that while its good for Blitz, and perhaps even good for the city, its very very very bad news for any other org in the city. Think about it.

It maybe have been a good thing for hilo orgs if they had not setup fighters edge, but now its all in-house and 2 major orgs are merged into that system, realisticaly its only going to hurt the local competition.

Hilo isnt exacly a 1 org city yet... but its heading that way.

As an outsider looking in and a supporter of Blitz im not saying that any of the above is inherantly "bad" as in they shouldnt of done it, but you cant with honesty say it dosnt have a negative impact filter down on the little guys.