Official Football Thread

Since a saw the NHL thread i thought their should be one for the NFL too (plus I'm black and i don't know what hockey is jk)

GIANTS are going to win it all next year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you poor poor misguided souls ---- you should know ---- STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, 20 returning starters won't do a thing for their chances at another Super Bowl run.. :youwish: And how bout those Lions? New uniforms will be huge in gaining that momentum to win a game. But in all seriousness- Go Texans!!!

LOL I laughed so hard at the very last line. yahoo answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

In England football (soccer) was the original ball sport played in many universities and colleges. The legend is that William Webb Ellis, while playing football at Rugby School, picked up the ball and ran with it this became a splinter-game called Rugby Football. When the English football league was established a number of these rubgy football clubs decided not to join in as the league did not recognise the use of hands as a legal method of play. Rugby became a popular alternative to football (soccer) but nearly all rugby clubs were called Rugby Football clubs. The game became immensly popular in America, but without a governing body to ensure uniform rules of play the nature of the American game began to significantly diverge from the Rugby played in England. Since the term 'Rugby' refers to the place where the rules originated it is understandable that the American sport adopted the word football to describe their similar but different game. In short American football was an offshoot of English Rugby football, which is itself an offshoot of the original game of football that the Americans call soccer. The word soccer is purportedly derived from "association football" and actually originates in England, but NOBODY in England calls football soccer at all, unless we have to dumb our programs down for American audiences.

I also completely agree with you that football should only refer to the english game because (1) it is the original sport, (2) the American game has little connection whatsoever with the use of the foot, and (3) outside the US everyone calls this football, that's the entire world. I thought you guys believe in democracy? Billions watch not just world cup matches, but Champions League (the world's greatest sporting competition) and domestic competitions. Oh yeah, and American football sucks!

Change the name of football*? What's next convert to the metric system?! It is a great point though- but the only retort from that paragraph is when I played football*, footwork was essential even for the fat bodies on the o-line.

(*) <--- Indicates the superior sport that is American football where flops are discouraged.

Which reminds me, something PBR could obviously appreciate, of Jerome Bettis. Some of the quickest feet i've seen and he used them not to juke defenders, but rather run through them and use them to catch his balance whilst dragging 2+ down the field.

well, I mean I def get why he was more of a plow than a juker, I mean look at him, he was biiigg, but I think instead of just going shoulder down through it all he coulda put more into the side to side. but the man did gain some yardage....don't mess with what worked I guess

Although their ownership and front office continue to make this harder and harder to admit:

I am a Buffalo Bills fan.

I wish I wasn't, but a true fan is there in good times and bad. Unfortunately one of the two "good times" in franchise history happened in the 60s before I was born.

So I have 4 or 5 years of relative hope and 31 years of frustration and disgust.

:ac8:

I hate saying this, but I'm a Patriots fan. But I go way back to like 1986 when I was 3 and Tony Eason was the man in the pocket. I get a lot of shit because people assume I only like them because they won 3 championships in 4 years. But I was a fan when they were winning 3 games/year.

wow you were fan before the parcells years that is impressive o by the way how was that 18-1 season 2 yrs ago (sorry i couldnt hold it in go GMEN) :smile_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
wow you were fan before the parcells years that is impressive o by the way how was that 18-1 season 2 yrs ago (sorry i couldnt hold it in go GMEN) :smile_anim:

Thats a sore memory. We were sooooo close. Damn Giants.

When the Pats went up 8-0 I called it. I said to my friend you guys are gonna go 18-0. And lose the Super Bowl

any 1 ply highschool football here.

i ply in NC

im a 9th grader and summer practices just started.

GO CHARGERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah I play football too. I'm gonna be a senior next year. Last year was horrible 'cause we got new coaching staff and everything was just a mess and everybody was confused lol. We're kickin' ass this upcoming year though.

Yeah I play football too. I'm gonna be a senior next year. Last year was horrible 'cause we got new coaching staff and everything was just a mess and everybody was confused lol. We're kickin' ass this upcoming year though.

yeah, im glad b/c a seinor told me that we only have like 5-10 senoirs playin this year, plus i played with most of the boys on the team b4 highschool. also the coachs like me so i might get to start varsity or play a lot on varsity

I played football all the way up to my senior year. I didn't go to school so. year, came back to a new school my jr year n played. I averaged 9.75 yards a carry, only person who had more yards per carry then me in the county was Noel Devine who was averaging like 11 or 12 at the time. Tyson Butler (he now plays for USF) had a lil over 7 yards a carry.

I only had like 60-70 carries that year but still lol I only played 8 games..... I didn't play sr year got kicked outta lee county school so no football for me. We went 1-7 haha lost more games that season then I lost in my whole pop warner career. I played for Cypress Lake Hornets we won the national championship twice and went three times when I played.

I miss football.... haha.