Trophies introduced

I think it would be nice if org owners had something like these to give out -- maybe smaller, or in another section. So, as someone said, if you ever become a champion, you'd have something commemorating that even after you lost the belt (with silver and gold levels denoting certain numbers of title defenses, maybe).

It's not something that's a high priority, but it would be nice and give a better impression of a fighter's history in the future when we'll probably be seeing a lot of guys moving up the various tiers of orgs.

I think there may be a problem with the "win streak" trophy, my two 3-0 fighters have it, but my 4-1 (with the loss being his first fight) fighter doesn't.

e.g.

3-0

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=1360

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=1167

4-1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=1500

Man my Fighter wants to face YB Sol so bad and take it all away from him.

When Max's contract is done he will be looking for a lucrative contract with CFC to show he is the best in the world

Lots of people wanting to knock off both YB Sol and Greg Chang - the two p4p kings of the fight world and both career-long CFC fighters.

Sol has arguably the most difficult defence of his career coming up against 24-year old Benjen Stark - a fighter he defeated in his first career win. It depends on which Stark shows up. Benjen has finished a number of fighters with 5 second KOs, and also lost twice in under 10 seconds.

The CFC also recently brought an undefeated 5-0 fighter all the way from Japan to hopefully earn a shot at YB.

I love the addition of the trophies Mike. George Whissell has already started adding them to his trophy room. They are right next to his CFC lightweight championship belt.

Are some of the trophies not meant to be permanent? I see that YB Sol now has only the silver P4P trophy, for instance, even though he was at one point the #1 P4P fighter. Just pointing this out to make sure it's a feature, and not a bug. :)

ye, they are not permanent i guess. id like the big trophies to be permament. reaching the top3 of the weightclass or even p4p is no small task and shouldnt be forgotten ;).

You could have orgs that give out fight of the night, ko of the night, and sub of the night and then the person with the most of each in a year gets ko artist of the year submission artist of the year and fighter of the year.

And the org wouldn't have to hand them out. just tie the fight rating into whether they were knocked out or subbed and the highest one in the event gets sub and ko of the night.

For fight of the night you could poll the fight managers in the orgs to vote, (disabling voting for their own guy for fairness).

What about trophies for fighter of the month or something? The one that gained the most hype in the month gets it. Or for really rare finishes. Like a reversed triangle chokes or something.

Hmmm... At the moment I think if someone clicks a fighter's profile between .05 and .10 it doesn't update properly. Basically when they have a fight it goes "OK, we need to update the trophies now". And then the next time someone clicks the profile it updates them. So if someone clicks between .05 and .10 then it has reset that "needs updating" value but it hasn't actually put the results into the profile yet. Anyway, I'll figure out a way around it.

As for displaying trophies for both 1st and 2nd, it was meant to do that (it's meant to display every trophy they've ever achieved), but if everyone thinks that's dumb we can remove the silver ones if you have a gold one.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Mike

how about a trophy for most lube used in one session?

like a big wad of paper for a 5 hour session

and a tissue for lets say a 2 hour session

just on top of my head

I think that belts won in different org's and different weight classes must be in trophies too!

I agree, but a new section called "title history" in fighters profile would be even better.