Big Nog out of 119 Main Event

Fighters Only Magazine is reporting that former PRIDE heavyweight and UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is out of his UFC 119 main event fight with Frank Mir after suffering an undisclosed injury in training, a Brazilian source told the magazine.

The nature of the injury was not disclosed but the source says it will require surgery. Nogueira is said to be "incredibly frustrated" by it and expects to be out until the New Year.

Fighters Only has also been told the UFC has already secured a replacement and it will be "a really big name opponent", although the source we spoke to did not provide a name.

Nogueira was scheduled to headline the show with his brother Rogerio (who is fighting Ryan Bader in the co-main event). Now, that appears off for the UFC's debut in the state of Indiana.

As for "a really big name opponent," many of the UFC's best already are booked up. Cain Velasquez is fighting Brock Lesnar, Junior dos Santos is a possibility, but he already has his title shot secured. He'd be risking that. Shane Carwin just fought Mir in March. In the realm of "big name opponent," only Mirko CroCop really fits the bill at this point.

http://www.mmaforreal.com/2010/8/15/162430...-out-of-ufc-119

Sucks. Mir was gonna kill em

oh no..i don't wanna see cro cop get massacred..if barry was able to have his way with him, i don't think mir with his superior cardio will have difficulties either..sad but true

Oh Wow. Awesome. Can't wait for MirkoAliTysonSpiderRistKickNoContest to find out about this and start his cro cop butt loving all up in this biya.

I like Mirko but they keep putting him against guys I want to see kick his ass, sucks.

Let's go Franky!

Edit: Nick, you're sig is fuckin' bad-A

I think Cro-cop is gonna win this. I can't see Mir taking him down and sub'ing him. I think Cro-cop's takedown defense is too good. And I can't see Mir having his way on the feet like he did with Kongo.

This should be a good fight.

I hope Mir puts Mirko to sleep so they give him scrub fighters for now on.

Then we can all watch wash ups get their faces kicked in by Mirko.