Fedor Thinking Retirement?????

But if Fedor has backed out the OWGP and stuff like that then I retract my previous statement/theory?

He did. There were also real issues going into the Cro Cop/Fedor fight of Fedor supposedly ducking.The first was first mooted for NYE 2003 off the basis of Mirko smashing Igor and Herring but Fedor claimed a broken hand against Goodridge. Cro Cop instead faced Nog a month earlier (and lost, which put the Fedor match on hold) but suspiciously Fedor was able to fight on NYE albeit against the limited Nagata. Cro Cop himself did something similar after the OWGP: the winner was meant to get a shot at Fedor at the NYE event but Mirko pulled out citing he was too tired (although it may also have been the UFC negotiations) and Fedor instead faced Hunt.

Looking at both fighters level of competition it's hard to call either man a "ducker" (despite some questionable fights on both guys records) but there's certainly been shenanigans in their time.

The bolded part was all that was necessary, as that is why I would go that far and the results showed. His boxing was flawless. The kickboxing? Not so much.

If his boxing was flawless he would have actually be able to hit Fedor...

He was also still training with Roach (although more on a pure boxing basis as opposed to MMA) for the Rogers and Silva fights... none of which were exactly impressive for him.

LOL. Tim Sylvia weighed over 300 lbs, clearly out of fighting shape and was never a top level striker to begin with. That was a perfect example of what good boxing vs. shitty boxing will produce. 9 seconds also hardly permits a thorough examination of technique. Tim's been unable to make weight for HW since the loss for Fedor, opting to be a fat ass and fight at SHW instead.

I know it's the "in thing" to hate on Tim Sylvia these days but seriously? Sylvia is one of the better HW strikers to ever step into a cage and have success, is statistically one of (if not the... I can't remember the exact stats) best HW champion the UFC's had and has been pretty damn successful taking out MMA fighters noted as "strikers". He always cut weight to make 265lbs as well as dedicated a part of his training camp almost entirely to weight loss and came into his most recent bout with Buentello at 275lbs. It's also worth noting that if you actually look at the 265lbs Sylvia and the 300lbs Sylvia there's not a lot of visible difference... he's a little chubbier but the moobs and the gut were always there.

And 9 seconds is a great time to note near perfect boxing. Sylvia throws one of his leg kicks (which remember, completely shut down AA's offence in their third bout), pumps out his jab (that shut down Jeff Monson, AA in their third bout and Assuerio Silva) and tries to follow with his straight right (which has taken out the likes of prime Ricco and AA). Mercer slips the jab and counters with an on the button right hand. It was textbook boxing and far more impressive than most other "great boxing" displays in MMA (Penn outjabbing Sherk comes to mind...)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first was first mooted for NYE 2003 off the basis of Mirko smashing Igor and Herring but Fedor claimed a broken hand against Goodridge. Cro Cop instead faced Nog a month earlier (and lost, which put the Fedor match on hold) but suspiciously Fedor was able to fight on NYE albeit against the limited Nagata
Fedor wasn't ducking him. It was contractual issues as he was being fucked over and owed money by Pride, which is what led to him getting involved with M-1 in the first place. They got him his money. Fedor faced Nagata instead because he wasn't going to fight for a promotion that already owed him cash. It's pretty silly to lay bullshit out here when Bas Boon went on the record for this shit ages ago.

He wasnt going to enter any tournys.
What about the Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix that included Nogueira, Cro Cop, Randleman, Schilt, Kharitonov, and Coleman? You know, the one that Fedor won where Cro Cop could've faced him if he hadn't gotten eliminated in the first fucking round after getting dropped by Randleman on his feet.

If his boxing was flawless he would have actually be able to hit Fedor...

He was also still training with Roach (although more on a pure boxing basis as opposed to MMA) for the Rogers and Silva fights... none of which were exactly impressive for him.

That has nothing to do with Boxing technique. You can't hit what you can't catch and Fedor's subtle dodges couldn't even seen without slow motion. Fedor's the least hit fighter in the entire sport. I didn't hear about any involvement with Roach before or after. Also, Roach was extremely hands on during for that fight to the extent that he even cornered Arlovski in the bout. He was really trying to prove a point.

I know it's the "in thing" to hate on Tim Sylvia these days but seriously? Sylvia is one of the better HW strikers to ever step into a cage and have success, is statistically one of (if not the... I can't remember the exact stats) best HW champion the UFC's had and has been pretty damn successful taking out MMA fighters noted as "strikers". He always cut weight to make 265lbs as well as dedicated a part of his training camp almost entirely to weight loss and came into his most recent bout with Buentello at 275lbs. It's also worth noting that if you actually look at the 265lbs Sylvia and the 300lbs Sylvia there's not a lot of visible difference... he's a little chubbier but the moobs and the gut were always there.
I don't hate on Tim Sylvia, at all. The guy just often enjoys a good reach advantage over his opponents. His striking isn't very crisp or clean, but he knows to how use his height. That's all. I doubt he'd even outstrike Kongo, before the Fedor loss.

Sylvia is tied with Randy Couture for the most defenses at HW in the UFC at 3 with one less title reign than Randy had. However, considering two of his defenses were Gan McGee and Jeff Monson, that ain't sayin' much. Lesnar cut weight to make 265 as well, but he was at least in shape. He came in at 310 to Mercer's 256. That's asking for an asswhoopin'.

And 9 seconds is a great time to note near perfect boxing. Sylvia throws one of his leg kicks (which remember, completely shut down AA's offence in their third bout), pumps out his jab (that shut down Jeff Monson, AA in their third bout and Assuerio Silva) and tries to follow with his straight right (which has taken out the likes of prime Ricco and AA). Mercer slips the jab and counters with an on the button right hand. It was textbook boxing and far more impressive than most other "great boxing" displays in MMA (Penn outjabbing Sherk comes to mind...)
LOL. He countered an overweight weight, sloppy striker. It's not like he KOed Badr Hari.

final conclusion. Fedor is a bump, will always be a bump and he won't fight anyone who can beat him. He is not he best in the world, he hasn't fought the best in the world. He needs to grab his balls and man up. fight bro, Carwin and the other top heavy weights who are good in the ufc and stop fighting rejects. By the way, he just got best by one in-case anyone forgets that.

final conclusion. Fedor is a bump, will always be a bump and he won't fight anyone who can beat him. He is not he best in the world, he hasn't fought the best in the world. He needs to grab his balls and man up. fight bro, Carwin and the other top heavy weights who are good in the ufc and stop fighting rejects. By the way, he just got best by one in-case anyone forgets that.

I think it's pretty clear he's still the best in the world. I haven't seen anything to tell me otherwise.

good memory consortium11. I think the the problem with Cop at the time wasnt him being hurt if i remember but didnt he want more money? I know at one point he wanted payed for all fights in the tourny but Pride was paying him for 1 and expecting 2 fights. They eventually come to terms. BUt i may have the two tournys mixed up.

I don't recall Fedor bump been the best. the best at ducking top fighter yes. best in the world no.

Anderson Silva best fighter in the world Hell yes. ducked top fighters no. even injured and still beat guys on roids. now that is someone I would say is the best fighter

so again. Fedor best ducking top fighter in the world yes. best fighter in the world no

best fighter in the world right now is Anderson Silva.

Fedor do us a favor and retire bum.

True Fedor beat all ufc champ he fought .

I think you meant to say that Fedor beat ufc rejects, true. Fedor has not beating any ufc champ. He has beaten wash-up bumps like Silva, glass chin Andre. The record has shown Fedor has not beaten any top guys like brock who would maul him into the ground. Carwin would just break him into million of pieces. Mir would put him to sleep so I won't even comment on that.

If Fedor hasn't fought any of these guys, how is he the best in the world fighting ufc rejects and losing to one.

that tells me he is shit and will be shit until he face any of the guys above and he won't win, so Fedor ducker. Your only chance is to retire, or continue to fight bumps and ufc rejects (so-called champs) aahahahahahah

Fedor beat all the ufc champ he fought .

Fedor never fall due to strike during 32 fight .

All ufc fighter heavyweight are joke , remember :tim sylvia, arlovski , couture ,barnett , frank mir ,nogueira ,mark coleman... where are they now ?

mir knocked out crop, some Fedor nor his bump brother could not do.

And you guys called this Fedor fraud the best in the world.

lay off the crack pipe and open your eyes and see that Fedor is a bump and nothing else

mir knocked out crop, some Fedor nor his bump brother could not do.
Quit blabbering like you possess even moderate intelligence. Neither Cro Cop or Nogueira have been at the level they used to be for several years now. Aleks has never been as good of a fighter as his brother so why even bring him up?

True Fedor beat all ufc champ he fought .

I think you meant to say that Fedor beat ufc rejects, true. Fedor has not beating any ufc champ.

Big Nog won the UFC Heavyweight Championship AFTER losing to Fedor despite no longer being as good as he once was.

He has beaten wash-up bumps like Silva, glass chin Andre.
That washed-up B-U-M Sylvia is tied for the most title defenses in the history of the UFC Heavyweight division. Sherdog had Sylvia ranked at #5 (although he was at #4 when the fight was booked). Arlovski was ranked #2, riding a 5 win streak, including three straight UFC wins. Contrary to popular opinion, Arlovski left the UFC. They didn't get rid of him.

The record has shown Fedor has not beaten any top guys like brock who would maul him into the ground. Carwin would just break him into million of pieces. Mir would put him to sleep so I won't even comment on that.

If Fedor hasn't fought any of these guys, how is he the best in the world fighting ufc rejects and losing to one.

Fedor has defeated more top fighters than any HW in the world. Mark Coleman was a NCAA Champion like Brock Lesnar, but also competed in the Olympics. Fedor holds two wins over him. Shane Carwin cannot even last one round. Mir's ground game is quite laughable. He's extremely ineffective off his back when getting hit and lost to Roy Nelson in a grappling contest.

Fabricio Werdum isn't a UFC reject. He left the company because he wanted more money as he felt disrespected when he was passed up for a title match against Randy Couture as he was the rightful person in line instead 1-1 Brock Lesnar, but Brock was the bigger draw and got the nod. Werdum is one of the most decorated BJJ experts in the sport, holding 2 Championship at ADCC, 3 at Mundials, and 3 at the Pan Ams.

Quit blabbering like you possess even moderate intelligence. Neither Cro Cop or Nogueira have been at the level they used to be for several years now. Aleks has never been as good of a fighter as his brother so why even bring him up?

Big Nog won the UFC Heavyweight Championship AFTER losing to Fedor despite no longer being as good as he once was.

That washed-up B-U-M Sylvia is tied for the most title defenses in the history of the UFC Heavyweight division. Sherdog had Sylvia ranked at #5 (although he was at #4 when the fight was booked). Arlovski was ranked #2, riding a 5 win streak, including three straight UFC wins. Contrary to popular opinion, Arlovski left the UFC. They didn't get rid of him.

Fedor has defeated more top fighters than any HW in the world. Mark Coleman was a NCAA Champion like Brock Lesnar, but also competed in the Olympics. Fedor holds two wins over him. Shane Carwin cannot even last one round. Mir's ground game is quite laughable. He's extremely ineffective off his back when getting hit and lost to Roy Nelson in a grappling contest.

Fabricio Werdum isn't a UFC reject. He left the company because he wanted more money as he felt disrespected when he was passed up for a title match against Randy Couture as he was the rightful person in line instead 1-1 Brock Lesnar, but Brock was the bigger draw and got the nod. Werdum is one of the most decorated BJJ experts in the sport, holding 2 Championship at ADCC, 3 at Mundials, and 3 at the Pan Ams.

you really going to talk about roids man coleman. he was washed up and is a bump who should have retire a long time ago.

you should take your own advice and Quit blabbering like you possess even moderate intelligence. you have got to be the dumbest person to respond to what I said. you even dare to bring up bump ass Coleman into this. It goes to show how dumb people who believe this Fedor hype. Do me a favor kid and don't respond to what I said. you are too dumb to part-take in my conversation. ok. Fedor nor his brother are two bumps who don't fight any top HW. This is the last time I will even comment on anything you said, for it makes no sense and before you comment on a topic, get your facts right and stop bullshitting.

when did you start watching MMA. you need to have been watching it for years like myself to see who should be called the best and not put bumps in that category.

It seems you have your head so far up Fedors ass you cant see straight. You can quote Coleman wrestling creds all you want. He was a washed up bum at that stage which is what Pride was gunning for. Its how they built their fighters. Coleman was in Pride because he lost his way out of the UFC. He lost to Maurice Smith, blew out his knee and had to rehab, then lost to Pete Williams of all people and then Pedro Rizzo and was released. Dispite being broken down and out of touch with the fight game of the time he was still good enough to go over to Pride and take their belt. But in the end he was washed up and beating him at that point only showed Prdie fighters were improving but still far behind everyone else. The same was done with Wanderli Silva. The UFC had at least 2 guys better than him who beat him. Maybe more who had yet to fight him. BUt he can go to Pride and hold their belt for the entire existence of the company.

Now you can take a guy like Fedor and make him a god for winning in this sub par talent pool. Fact is noone who come from Pride has really been a world beater. They have all had their road blocks when they step up to the big leagues. All but one the only guy to never man up. If he would have manned up you guys would have jumped from his nuts like rats from a sinking ship. Fedor has the same business plan as Jason Reinhardt. Fight bums, never risk your 18-0 record and parlay it into big paydays and allow people to think you are better than you really are.

You guys can hang all over Fedor beating 2 more UFC washouts. Those guys have never beat anyone of the current top UFC HWs. Brock, Cain, Santos, Mir,Carwin, etc. Fedor beat two "uninspired" (isnt that the excuse you guys use for Cro Cop?) former champs after they were no longer welcome in the big leagues and were then slumming in affliction.

It seems you have your head so far up Fedors ass you cant see straight. You can quote Coleman wrestling creds all you want. He was a washed up bum at that stage which is what Pride was gunning for. Its how they built their fighters. Coleman was in Pride because he lost his way out of the UFC. He lost to Maurice Smith, blew out his knee and had to rehab, then lost to Pete Williams of all people and then Pedro Rizzo and was released. Dispite being broken down and out of touch with the fight game of the time he was still good enough to go over to Pride and take their belt. But in the end he was washed up and beating him at that point only showed Prdie fighters were improving but still far behind everyone else. The same was done with Wanderli Silva. The UFC had at least 2 guys better than him who beat him. Maybe more who had yet to fight him. BUt he can go to Pride and hold their belt for the entire existence of the company.

Now you can take a guy like Fedor and make him a god for winning in this sub par talent pool. Fact is noone who come from Pride has really been a world beater. They have all had their road blocks when they step up to the big leagues. All but one the only guy to never man up. If he would have manned up you guys would have jumped from his nuts like rats from a sinking ship. Fedor has the same business plan as Jason Reinhardt. Fight bums, never risk your 18-0 record and parlay it into big paydays and allow people to think you are better than you really are.

You guys can hang all over Fedor beating 2 more UFC washouts. Those guys have never beat anyone of the current top UFC HWs. Brock, Cain, Santos, Mir,Carwin, etc. Fedor beat two "uninspired" (isnt that the excuse you guys use for Cro Cop?) former champs after they were no longer welcome in the big leagues and were then slumming in affliction.

Agreed, 100%.

To the Fedor fans: He's past his prime, and is no longer the best Heavyweight in the world. Get over yourselves, and stop making excuses. The only way he would be elevated to his former status is if he comes to the UFC and beats a few of their top guys. Other than that, I'd like for him to stop playing predator out in the Bush Leagues.

BrainSmasher you seem to see right through that fake mma fighter called Fedor. His fans are all cut up inside because he got exposed as a fraud. The guy he lose to got his ass handed to him and got his papers handed to him in one night. You don't called a guy like that a ufc reject. thats what he is and he beat the Fraud Fedor. All of a sudden, his fans are finding all type of explanation on why he lost. Its simple Fedducker fans. He is a bump who lost to a ufc reject. ask kimbo slice and he will tell you the same thing happen to him. took a fight he thought was easy and got exposed much like Fedducker, by the way that should have been his name.

the truth hurts. ouch. you step on Fedducker. Aahahahaha

drown your sorrows in wine you Fedduckers fans.

Silva would destroy him with his eyes closed. but knowing Fedducker he wouldn't even look at a match-up like that. too much of a dangerous fight for him. would have been his last fight. I would call it permant retirement for Fedducker and nobody would miss him but his fans who are actually blind and drink all the time.

Fedor is a big pussssy. Imagine a fat Mexican dude saying that. Far out.

you could not be so right bro. How comes its the people with sense sees Fedducker is ape shit. no, correction. ape shit is bad than Fedducker. more like bitch loser fits him perfect

there is a saying. You want to become a boxer, fight a boxer. you want to be the greatest, then fight the number#1 and beat his ass like he stole something. you want to be a bitch, then beat a bitch. Fedducker wanted to be a bitch, so he beat-up bitch fighter, so give him his dues. you are a bitch Fedducker. Not the greatest by a long shot.

werdum lol don't make fun of him. JDS beat a fat fuck werdum not a in shape one. i beat werdum would destroy JDS now

what are you smoking over there bro. JDS would not only knock him out again, but ad knockout plus rape is more like it.

werdum has ooooooo.000000 chance of beating any of the ufc heavy weights not including (nor or Kongo or roy nelson) he did what he had to do and beat Fedpussy, which is good. he should not even attempt to come back to the ufc. they will eat him alive with sauce on it.

werdum lol don't make fun of him. JDS beat a fat fuck werdum not a in shape one. i beat werdum would destroy JDS now

Maybe you should re watch the fight and analyze it from a fight fan perspective not a fan boy one. Werdum didnt lose because of shape or weight. Hell the fight only lasted 10 seconds. He lost because he has ZERO striking and has a habit of ducking because he is scared of punches. Doing this verses someone who just happens to have one of the best upper cuts in the game will get you KOed every time. To further show your guys' wishful thinking and not using reality. You claim it would some how be different dispite not knowing for sure how good Santos takedown defense is. Til now it seems top notch as noone can get him down. Werdum for all anyone knows could be forced to stand with him. Yet you want to blindly claim victory for Werdum. I think its time to take his posters off your bedroom wall and man up for once.

Maybe you should re watch the fight and analyze it from a fight fan perspective not a fan boy one. Werdum didnt lose because of shape or weight. Hell the fight only lasted 10 seconds. He lost because he has ZERO striking and has a habit of ducking because he is scared of punches. Doing this verses someone who just happens to have one of the best upper cuts in the game will get you KOed every time. To further show your guys' wishful thinking and not using reality. You claim it would some how be different dispite not knowing for sure how good Santos takedown defense is. Til now it seems top notch as noone can get him down. Werdum for all anyone knows could be forced to stand with him. Yet you want to blindly claim victory for Werdum. I think its time to take his posters off your bedroom wall and man up for once.

what you fail to think is that werdum might do the same thing he did to fedor. fake he was rocked and sub him. but now you wanna take a personal shot at me?? why won't you stop jocking off of the ufc's dick???? ohh wait i could go lower but i won't ehh? Werdum actually can win since yo know who tried to take JDS down? no wrestler i see?

Many of you guys don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Professional fighters fight for a living. If org A pays you more than org B you go to org A unless there are very heavy reasons to go to the one that pays less. It business (what if you injure your knee right now and you can never fight again? Are you going to do commercials for the rest of your life?) as well as quest for being the best. That said not everyone tries to prove the world their superiority over the other fighters. Again you cannot prove you are the best by winning a fight against somebody good. If you have ever been in a fight you know that you cannot predict who will win for a 100% chance. If you are truly better than your opponent you are more likely to win but you can still be cought. That is why you must compete in a lot of fights before your true level can be judged.

Fedor has competed a lot and he has pretty clearly proven that he is extremely good fighter... I am not saying he is the best since there is no way anybody could prove that. Fedor has the potential to beat any of the UFCs heavy weights and many of them have a good chance against Fedor. There are many intresting matchups for Fedor if he gets what he wants financialy. Fedor is a big name... with a big name you should get big money. Consider that he is not just fighting for all the fans out there, but first of all he is fighting for income so he can guarantee a better future for his family after his fighting career. He does what is best for him and nobody can blame him for it.

Many of you guys don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Professional fighters fight for a living. If org A pays you more than org B you go to org A unless there are very heavy reasons to go to the one that pays less. It business (what if you injure your knee right now and you can never fight again? Are you going to do commercials for the rest of your life?) as well as quest for being the best. That said not everyone tries to prove the world their superiority over the other fighters. Again you cannot prove you are the best by winning a fight against somebody good. If you have ever been in a fight you know that you cannot predict who will win for a 100% chance. If you are truly better than your opponent you are more likely to win but you can still be cought. That is why you must compete in a lot of fights before your true level can be judged.

Fedor has competed a lot and he has pretty clearly proven that he is extremely good fighter... I am not saying he is the best since there is no way anybody could prove that. Fedor has the potential to beat any of the UFCs heavy weights and many of them have a good chance against Fedor. There are many intresting matchups for Fedor if he gets what he wants financialy. Fedor is a big name... with a big name you should get big money. Consider that he is not just fighting for all the fans out there, but first of all he is fighting for income so he can guarantee a better future for his family after his fighting career. He does what is best for him and nobody can blame him for it.

Exactly. Most if not all of the intelligent people decided to step out of this conversation and let all the UFC Fedor haters feel like they "won" with their arguments. When Cain knocks Brock Lesnar out hope they jump off the WWF band wagon. Their riding his dick sword to the top. I like Brock Lesnar, he's a big name, charismatic, funny, entertaining. But he's got a long way to go before he's a complete mixed martial artist, and out powering and out sizing people will only get him so far. IF he takes some shots from Cain and wins, I'll be very impressed. As we saw with the Carwin fight once he gets hit he curls up into the fetal position. There is 1 thing I can almost guarantee; the Carwin fight won't be the last time we see Brock curl into the fetal position.