EA MMA League UFF

nice, I just got a PM from HOC and I'm a MW aswell so we may fight.

High Octane the home of Tycoon? :P I think MisterX is over there too.

Pretty wicked, I didn't even know there was a vale tudo ruleset till I started getting contract offers. Thought it was just Japanese and Unified. Apparently High Octane is basically Anything goes, one whole 20 minute rd.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have the money for it until today, so I wasn't able to pre-order it. I'm going to try and get it tomorrow. There are about two or three stores (I think one closed) at the closest mall to my house, so I'm sure at least one of them will have it. I'll probably sign up at some point, but I think I'll play the career mode for a while beforehand, and that could take a few days, lol.

I was over there for a few weeks back when it was based on Undisputed, but someone rage quit and left me without an opponent for my second fight (I don't exactly blame them with all of the problems with online for Undisputed, but it still pissed me off a bit), and my first fight sucked (there was mad lag), so I kinda gave up, myself. I think this'll be better, though. If I do sign up, I hope I get into HOC - vale tudo rules are the shit.

played a bunch last night. went 12-0 with my career fighter so far, and just signed to Mystic (basically Dream with a different name. has the same announcer chick which is cool) and had my first fight with them. i was given the choice between mystic and strikeforce, but i figure i'll get the chance to change orgs again later so i went with mystic first in order to do some head kicks to grounded opponents :lol:

i got the red ring of death on my 360 last night too, and couldn't fix it via troubleshooting. so i submitted a warranty claim online, and then when i tried turning it on one last time it worked fine. what a piece of crap.

Im signing up for this, should have the game either today or tomorrow.

btw check out this Lesnar CAF and the epic KO

Edit: Ok so i signed up but one question, do we have to complete career mode with our CAF or is there a fast create way that we are supposed to use (not got it yet)?

played a bunch last night. went 12-0 with my career fighter so far, and just signed to Mystic (basically Dream with a different name. has the same announcer chick which is cool) and had my first fight with them. i was given the choice between mystic and strikeforce, but i figure i'll get the chance to change orgs again later so i went with mystic first in order to do some head kicks to grounded opponents :lol:

i got the red ring of death on my 360 last night too, and couldn't fix it via troubleshooting. so i submitted a warranty claim online, and then when i tried turning it on one last time it worked fine. what a piece of crap.

You don't get to switch between orgs, other than moving up the tiers. Eventually you should get to fight the champion of the other top tier org, though, but I don't know if that'll happen if you don't finish career undefeated (I've only finished one - started another, and just got into Strikeforce while still undefeated). From what I can tell, you only get 40 fights - something that I hate, though, is that it won't save after the last fight, so you never really "complete" career.

For a while I was sure that stomps weren't actually in the game, but they are. Thing is, you can only do them from one position - after you get your opponent down, you have to get into the position where you are standing over them, and then you can stomp them by using the kick modifier and using the "jab" motion on the stick. I've only been able to get into that position twice - it's a pain in the ass. I can't really tell what decides exactly what position you get into - I keep trying to get into the one you need for stomps, but I get into the side control-like one (which you can knee from, but stomps > knees).

Game is awesome, my career fighter finished up 31-8 I think. Went to Mystic, there was talk while he was champ there of a super unification bout between my guy and the Strikeforce champ, but shortly after i lost the belt and went on a run of win one lose one type form and it never happened.

Played on hard after the first few fights (medium way to easy) and had some right epic fights, really tough ones.

What i love about it is how back and forth and brutal the fights can be att he higher levels once your guy gets good (set difficulty higher then medium mind), clean and flash KOs are rare and feel awesome when they happen (well they were in my wrestlers career) and even when you get hurt theres always the chance to survive. It makes things feel more tense and back and forth.

Also got to love fighter share, some good cafs of the guys not in the game.

Yeah. There's "total punch control" and "classic configuration". I haven't bothered to test out the classic configuration yet, so I can't tell you anything about it.

this is true, i haven't tried it either yet but on-line i know when im facing a button bunny!

I PREORDERED the game from an UK website (that means that I'm supposed to get it on the publishing date right?), well they sent it out ont 10/25th, when it finally arrived to Finland the fucking Postal Service goes on strike and now they're saying that it might take till next weeks tuesday that they get everything back to normal... ARGH!! Can't wait to get it :P

I PREORDERED the game from an UK website (that means that I'm supposed to get it on the publishing date right?), well they sent it out ont 10/25th, when it finally arrived to Finland the fucking Postal Service goes on strike and now they're saying that it might take till next weeks tuesday that they get everything back to normal... ARGH!! Can't wait to get it :P

that sucks, but at least your console still works right? i've probably got another 2 to 3 weeks before i get my fixed console back from microsoft (i sent it to them last friday) :(