Belts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont know that, in ju-jitsu if you ever have studied it

if you cannot defend yourself on your back, you will never ever get a black belt

so this is a very ignorant statement

No you don't understand. It just has nothing to do with the belt colour. It's been said many times. I'm not talking about real BJJ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a guy with Strong++ Sub Offense, Strong++ BJJ Overall, Respectable++ Def. Grappling and Mediocre+ Wrestling.

I don't know what number of those categories are put into the equation for belt progression, but he is still a Purple Belt.

So I think the jump from Purple to Brown is considerably more difficult than Blue to Purple. I think as a rule of thumb you'd clump the belts into a range of ~30 skill points, i.e. Useless-Woeful is White, Feeble-Competent is Blue, Respectable-Strong is Purple, etc. etc. with Red Belt being a more judicious promotion, most likely by the admins themselves. But, as has been previously and abundantly stated, it's not linear so who knows.

And though it's not "real" BJJ, I wouldn't be surprised if progression from Brown to Red in MMA Tycoon doesn't involve outside factors, i.e. player reputation, contributions to the game, and/or key tournament victories. At least, I think that'd be kind of cool.

And though it's not "real" BJJ, I wouldn't be surprised if progression from Brown to Red in MMA Tycoon doesn't involve outside factors, i.e. player reputation, contributions to the game, and/or key tournament victories. At least, I think that'd be kind of cool.

No, it's just non-lineair. Brown belt is Remarkable or possibly a little bit under it. You can check the first post for the belts we figured out yet. Blue is Feeble-Respectable, purple Proficient-Superb.

Yeah I was just thinking about this. Player rep and key victories at least sounds like the right way to go for the black belt.

Looking at the rest I would think you pop into black around Exceptional + possible......Then red at elite+

Just a thought

My two brown belts are at Wonderful -- so I am hoping here soon they pop!

• 1 month later...

My brother has just signed a free agent who has Wonderful BJJ, Wonderful submissions and Wonderful defensive grappling so I am hoping he soon will get him in a good submission gym and pop him up from his current Brown belt

But at the moment no still no-one I have or my brother has are higher then Brown

Thanks iceman2009, I'll update the post. Congratulations by the way.

WOG is has been said a couple times in this thread that the belt colour doesn't have anything to do with the secondary skills.