Fighter Names

Rambo

No disrespect intended towards anybody, but if you take it as disrespect and get butt hurt by what I got to say, all because I mentioned fighter names lol then fuck you. Get some originality + creativity in your life.

I know when you purchase VIP you're entitled to putting any name you want as the fighter name, but originality and creativity go a long way in my eyes. I mean honestly, how hard is it to create a fighters name? It's a real simple process. I shouldn't have to do a step by step to show you how to create a name.

Fighter names like CockO Saurus, Alpha Male, Starship Pain, Shock N Awe, Snake The Pendulum, Raging Douche, Spotted Cow, etc. These names suck and shouldn't pollute the game. I've declined fight offers, avoided fights, simply because I didn't want to look at their retarded ass name on my fighters profile page. And yes, this next sentence may be nitpicking, but is it that hard to hit shift and capitalize the first initial in each name? The difference between marcos martini and Marcos Martini, or JOSSIE MAYS and Jossie Mays, is noticeable. I can also say that all the Chuck Liddells, Nick Diaz's, Lyoto Machida's, etc. are somewhat annoying but at least the name blends in and it makes a lot more sense to name your fighter after a real fighter, rather then some inanimate object, or emotion, or gay dinosaur you encountered when you were a child in fairyland.

If you can't think of fighters name...

A ) Why you wake up to the same person every day (who would much rather be waking up next to somebody more creative)

B ) Wake up by yourself and to your same old hand every day

C ) Have too many accounts and ran out of names

D ) You're just flat out retarded

Or prolly the most popular answer we'll get

E ) you just plain out don't give a fuck - it is a game after all.

And hell if the answer is E, then you won't have a problem with that name suddenly changing over night and becoming Henry Jones, Rashad Jackson, Mike Thomas, or any other "real" name somebody comes up with.

So Mike Tycoon, please insert a code that will nerf these fighters hiddens when they come up with these stupid ass names so we never have to see them on the top p4p list. (Hahaha.)

Disclaimer of some sort To Koos, since you've got more fighter names gone wrong and are the best manager I can think of that does (compliment) and I've used some of your fighter names as examples it's only cuz their prolly the most well known, popular, and successful fighters with retarded names (another compliment). This isn't a thread to get at you, you're a great manager, but your fighter names suck big balls. Tangerine Dream, Silver Back, Oil Slick, Up And Down, Blanket is Warm and whatever other strange names you have, don't belong in the game... at least not at the top :P they're just piss poor examples for newer managers to see.

Anyway, I'd like to take this next second to applaud all those who come up with original & cool names that we, the community of MMATycoon, could potentially become a fan of. I can hop on the bandwagon of a Hakuin Ekaku, James Po, Jesus Cavalera, Jesus Gonzales, Jigoro Kane... I can't support a fighter named "Immoral Value", "He Who Sucks", "Name Thinker", etc. My point is this. When your fighter name is let's just use "Shock N Awe", no matter how much success you have, or how good a fighter he may be, I just don't give two shits about him and would rather see him lose just because his name. Now if he had a cool name, like Jigoro Kane, or Kenji Silva, hell I could root for the guy.

Go look at all Avon's fighters, Chico's fighters, or even my fighters; do you know what the secret ingredient to success is? It's a 'creative' or 'original' name and the occasional entrance song helps too.

Truth be told, there's so many managers that follow this type of guideline, or "code", and they deserve just as much credit as anybody else for thinkin of original and creative names. This isn't a ventilation thread, or a I'm pissed off thread, it was a time killer and something for everybody to potentially think about. I needed to kill an hour, and this worked.

EDITTED

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting unoriginal names down to a major "character flaw" is well... I'll let my owl speak for itself.

http://www.rearrange-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/owl-orly.jpg

While I try to pick some decently creative names, I don't see why it should matter, as you pointed out, it is just a game.

where as i prefer actual names as well (real or not) its not up to me to criticize other managers fighter names.....serves no purpose and is just not worth the time it took for you to get aggravated over. People paid Mike their own money and i highly doubt he will tell them they can't name them whatever they wanted (unless it was offensive or had foul language)

where as i prefer actual names as well (real or not) its not up to me to criticize other managers fighter names.....serves no purpose and is just not worth the time it took for you to get aggravated over. People paid Mike their own money and i highly doubt he will tell them they can't name them whatever they wanted (unless it was offensive or had foul language)

Far from aggravated. Not even close. I'm not the one with the retarded fighter names. I can care less to be honest. I just think people need to learn from the best, so I'm here on this day, preaching about character names. Why do you think Jigoro Kane has been p4p #1 for so long? Why did Fidel Puno own the p4p ranking so long? Great names for great fighters.

Far from aggravated. Not even close. I'm not the one with the retarded fighter names. I can care less to be honest. I just think people need to learn from the best, so I'm here on this day, preaching about character names. Why do you think Jigoro Kane has been p4p #1 for so long? Why did Fidel Puno own the p4p ranking so long? Great names for great fighters.

good thing i only have 1 guy that doesn't have a full name (only cause i clicked ok and didn't realize i didn't give him a last name) :( but most of my guys are actual fighters names unfortunately

#4 p4p and arguably the best WW in the world Alpha Male begs to differ.

haha i love u because u named one of my fighter "snake the pendulum":) ,

All my fighters name are the synonim of the way they fight , so i don't care if it don't looks like to real name ,

if someone want name his fighter "Spammer 'the submission' Machine" i don't care it is a game and it's funny .

U talk about originality but create a fighter with that kind of name is much more creative and original than create a fighter with a 'real name' .

How many "Alpha male" , or "Shock N Wawe" in the game ??

PS/i love the "Alpha Male" name

PS2/ i have a lot of others fighters name u would dislike u can check xD .

And yes, this next sentence may be nitpicking, but is it that hard to hit shift and capitalize the first initial in each name? The difference between marcos martini and Marcos Martini, or JOSSIE MAYS and Jossie Mays, is noticeable.

This is the only thing that drives me nuts. I don't care what anyone names their fighter(s) as long as they can spell it correctly and capitalize appropriately.

If it's one thing that bothers me it's lack of capitalization, luckily that seems to be something that never happens with top managers. I don't really like the non-names either but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much.

i completely agree, about the names and the capitalization. i don't even like the celebrity names like shiv's gambler/magicians or some of my alliancemates' serial killers. it would be better if it was a play on the name like Ned Bundy or Donny Chan or sumthin like that.

even wit the funny names (which i have a few), make em look like it could be a real name. hugh g. rection, dick offenhard, eaton cox, christian slaughter, dick burns, whatever...at least they look like they COULD be a real name.

alpha and shock are 2 that i feel i SHOULD follow cuz they ranked way high (kudos to koos) but it is hard to care...they look like nicknames.

that's another thing...the guys with the nicknames NOT in the right spot, they lump it in with the first or last name. dude, there's a spot in creation that's labelled and everything PLUS it gives them the lil quotation marks around it. i know it's a lot to ask for lol. with all the REAL fighter names around when it specifically tells you NOT to do that...i believe it also tells u NOT to use the caps lock also lol.

again no big deal, doesn't ruin the game for me...but is a minor annoyance. i now see why some org owners don't like the joke names.

i completely agree, about the names and the capitalization. i don't even like the celebrity names like shiv's gambler/magicians or some of my alliancemates' serial killers. it would be better if it was a play on the name like Ned Bundy or Donny Chan or sumthin like that.

even wit the funny names (which i have a few), make em look like it could be a real name. hugh g. rection, dick offenhard, eaton cox, christian slaughter, dick burns, whatever...at least they look like they COULD be a real name.

alpha and shock are 2 that i feel i SHOULD follow cuz they ranked way high (kudos to koos) but it is hard to care...they look like nicknames.

that's another thing...the guys with the nicknames NOT in the right spot, they lump it in with the first or last name. dude, there's a spot in creation that's labelled and everything PLUS it gives them the lil quotation marks around it. i know it's a lot to ask for lol. with all the REAL fighter names around when it specifically tells you NOT to do that...i believe it also tells u NOT to use the caps lock also lol.

again no big deal, doesn't ruin the game for me...but is a minor annoyance. i now see why some org owners don't like the joke names.

I agree totally. People who won't bother to capitalize properly are retarded! :) It is almost like the effort required to reach over and find the Shift key is just too great for them to make.

Raging Douche is an awesome name though (because it was capitalized correctly and I made it).

I agree totally. People who won't bother to capitalize properly are retarded! :) It is almost like the effort required to reach over and find the Shift key is just too great for them to make.

Raging Douche is an awesome name though (because it was capitalized correctly and I made it).

when it comes to certain things, capitalization is good...but other things, very unnecessary. obviously, anything where u have to type fast and have no chance to proof-read first...yeah, forget the capitalization.

i agree it's funny...but i have yet to find a human with the first name of "raging"...now if u used the right punctuation marks (mostly some of the euro marks) it could Ima or Ura Douche (like Doo-shay)...then have "Raging" as the nickname. i'm not sure if u could get the proper marks to show that tho.

when it comes to certain things, capitalization is good...but other things, very unnecessary. obviously, anything where u have to type fast and have no chance to proof-read first...yeah, forget the capitalization.

i agree it's funny...but i have yet to find a human with the first name of "raging"...now if u used the right punctuation marks (mostly some of the euro marks) it could Ima or Ura Douche (like Doo-shay)...then have "Raging" as the nickname. i'm not sure if u could get the proper marks to show that tho.

It is spelled "Raging Douche" but it is pronounced as "Boutros Boutros Ghali".

It is all in how you roll your "R"s.

Slavalengus "Jim" Olegtarandervangorsuckabingdamer [ 95829 ]

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=95829

I kept seeing all of the really long names and decided I wanted to have one. You can call him Jim for short. I'm kinda regeretting the huge name now, it's more annoying than anything else.