Fighter Names

Rambo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy fighting 10,000 Fedor's.... I'm sure he is quite honored that every jackass who makes a sucky fighter uses his name.- as if your ego is that great you think your honoring real fighter with your incredibly unoriginal thinking.

Oh damn! :jerry:

I'm not discrediting him at all, I'm just sayin if I was trying to be disrespectful or insult him this is the route I would of went?

I think it's a smart decision from a manager stand point to have favorable fights early in a fighters career to see what they're made of. Name one manager who would throw their 2-0 client/fighter to Chuck Liddell or Rampage Jacksons just because they think their boxing is on the same level, or something along them lines. I don't want this to turn into one of those, he crushes cans, he beats up cans too, we all beat up cans from time to time.

Things I don't like about fighter names.

1.) Real fighter names.

2.) Bad capitalization or no capitalization.

3.) Bad attempts at derogatory humor.

So although I don't like the names like Quinton Jackson, wanderlei silva, or CockO SauruS. I don't mind names like Shock & Awe and Alpha Male even though in my very humble opinion they are better suited as nicknames rather than fighter names. I thought he brought up a decent point and I wouldn't mind to see a filter or something that is implemented on a very boring day when Mike has nothing else to do. Obviously this is one thing that is probably about last on the list of improvements compared to other things that could be fixed or put into the game. So lets not hold our breath.

Things I don't like about fighter names.

1.) Real fighter names.

2.) Bad capitalization or no capitalization.

3.) Bad attempts at derogatory humor.

So although I don't like the names like Quinton Jackson, wanderlei silva, or CockO SauruS. I don't mind names like Shock & Awe and Alpha Male even though in my very humble opinion they are better suited as nicknames rather than fighter names. I thought he brought up a decent point and I wouldn't mind to see a filter or something that is implemented on a very boring day when Mike has nothing else to do. Obviously this is one thing that is probably about last on the list of improvements compared to other things that could be fixed or put into the game. So lets not hold our breath.

I agree with you. But when people see names like Shock N Awe, Alpha Male, at the top... it gets a lot of people on the bottom an excuse to make the really retarded names. You can't segregate the half dumb names, with the really dumb names. To simplify it.

Actually, I doubt he cares as much about this as you seem to.

Both of you happened to join on the same date, 6/12/09?

Not my job to investigate, just pointing out the obvious.

Are you seriously implying that everyone who signed up on the same day is an obvious alt?

you know for someone who likes to pass himself off as hardcore you're whining about some pretty insignificant stuff.

Are you seriously implying that everyone who signed up on the same day is an obvious alt?

you know for someone who likes to pass himself off as hardcore you're whining about some pretty insignificant stuff.

Did you seriously come to this thread to say that? I wasn't whining about anything or I woulda responded to him with a dozen reasons why that looks sketchy, obvious, etc.

Get over yourselves. I didn't even say "Yo you're a multi" I said I was stating the obvious, and the obvious was, the two accounts were created on the same day. Whether they're the same person or not. Is something I didn't say, state, or declare.

I wasn't going to respond at all to your baiting until you implied someone in our alliance was cheating.

If thats not what you were implying then what other purpose did it serve to point out the coincidence that Koos and Fleek joined on the same day. If you want to say something have the balls to come out and say it.

And actually, calling out anyone for having "stupid" fighter names when you've named one of your fighters "Qing Kong" is quite funny.

I saw it but didn't point it out here :) .

I don't understand people who don't like original name like "alpha male" "schock N wave"... honestly i really don't understand ilove this kind of fun names , maybe it is a difference about our country customs ??

i understand why in some country they have all the same name lol .

This kind of name are original and fun , like i said before "how many 'alpha male' 'snake the pendulum' ... in the game" ?

Koos don't worry ur The Man i love ur original fighters name .

Maybe we could try to create the most stupid(=funny) names .

Did you seriously come to this thread to say that? I wasn't whining about anything or I woulda responded to him with a dozen reasons why that looks sketchy, obvious, etc.

Get over yourselves. I didn't even say "Yo you're a multi" I said I was stating the obvious, and the obvious was, the two accounts were created on the same day. Whether they're the same person or not. Is something I didn't say, state, or declare.

Are you kidding? Either grow some and just admit what you were implying or grow some and admit that you were pointing something out for no reason like a preschooler with a head injury. Either way you look like an idiot.

I wasn't going to respond at all to your baiting until you implied someone in our alliance was cheating.

If thats not what you were implying then what other purpose did it serve to point out the coincidence that Koos and Fleek joined on the same day. If you want to say something have the balls to come out and say it.

Pointed something out to see the reaction I would get. Obviously, the overly defensive reaction makes me believe and some what convinced me that somebody, and maybe a couple people from your alliance are multi accounts ;) but all is fair in love and war.

Anyways, I think we all can agree this thread has turned to shit. No point in posting any further. That should be something we can agree on.

Pointed something out to see the reaction I would get. Obviously, the overly defensive reaction makes me believe and some what convinced me that somebody, and maybe a couple people from your alliance are multi accounts ;) but all is fair in love and war.

Anyways, I think we all can agree this thread has turned to shit. No point in posting any further. That should be something we can agree on.

Lol. Epic trolling for suckers detected.

:poster_stupid:

Now lets enjoy the good show before the mods get in da house. :mf_popcorn1:

I certainly dislike the real fighters names, shows no creativity at all. The other ones even if they are bad are at least original so I give them that.

I would 150% rather see one "Alpha Male" then 50 Rampage Jacksons and Shane Carwins etc.

If it was up to me I'd go with the opening poster, I like to see original names which could be real fighters that have the correct spelling and capital letters in the right place.

However it doesn't really bother me too much what other people do, if someone wants to name their fighter Ivor Biggun then that's up to them, they have the same right as I do and who am I to say what's a good name and what should be allowed. I do agree with Neilzy above as well, although I'm not a huge fan of silly names, at least if they are unique it makes a change from seeing a ton of Fedors and Brock's.

I'd be delighted though if the fighter entry screen could be formatted with some checks so that fighters at least have to begin with a capital letter and the rest of the name being lower case. It does bug me when I see people like CLIVE MENDONCA or even more annoyingly the odd cLIVE mENDONCA.

Nobody in Sabatoage is a multi unless they go through great lengths to disguise it for 1 and this topic should have been the OP just stating he's not calling him out nor tryin to bring the attention on himself but yet he ends up singling out Koos (who happens to be the best manager in the game) and starts name calling over somethin so stupid as to what a guy wants to name his fighters? is that really the biggest problem you have with the game right now? i could come across someone with Papa Asshole as a name and i just wanna beat him, period but i'm not gonna run on here and post a 5 paragraph topic bout it.

Then when people disagree you start calling them out and insulting them as people outside the game which 1 is childish as ALL hell and 2 just makes it seem like you wanted all the attention on urself....you should just create the Gestapo Alliance and go out finding all the bad names in the game. I didn't mind the post originally when it was just a post stating your feelings on the subject but since in turned into bashing a fellow alliance mate its gotten annoying. Nobody gives a fuck if they get your credit, nobody gives a fuck if you like your name when you offer nothing to the game in the form of improvements....in fact, most of the things you post are negative to someone in some respect anyway.

Bottom line is people just need to grow the hell up, its an online game with thousands of users and thousands of names....your opinion doesn't mean shit so it should've stopped after the first post as the only person whose opinion matters on the subject is Mike Tycoon so until he says such and such has to change their fighter names theres no point into subjects turning into calling people out as multi's and insulting them over something as dumb as a fuckin name, great world we live in with brilliant people.....