Blitzkrieg presents... The Gladiatorial Gauntlet! $2 Million in Prizes!

Was away the last few days, I'm finally back now so I'll be sending out PM's to other people who had expressed interest before. We should hopefully fill this up by around the 10th of Jan latest I would say.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some true beasts here.

Regarding the tournament, I am a little bit concerned about the fact that in case of more than 32 registrations, the top 32 will take part in the tourney. I mean, I believe it is not a bad solution because it guarantees that only the best of the best will fight. However, if one day before the registration closes someone registers a well ranked fighter, then I will feel sorry for the manager of the 32nd ranked fighter so far as he will not take part in the tourney despite maybe even signing his boy up much earlier. Therefore, maybe it would be not a bad idea to soon announce when the registration stage closes (and ranks are checked) so that the managers would know exactly how much time they have to improve their fighter's rank.

I see your point, I'll bring up a date as soon as I get a better idea about a couple more signups.

In any case, I'll be locking in guys who're in the top 2000 once they're done and have no more fights booked before the tournament to sort of safeguard their spot!

As for seeding, could we go by manager rank, so the higher ranked fighters wont get shafted in the arse with high risk low gain fight offers when facing top managers project fighters. Or by primaries or something, I just hate to see my guy(40p4p) against someone in the 5000's p4p with equal skillset.

As for seeding, could we go by manager rank, so the higher ranked fighters wont get shafted in the arse with high risk low gain fight offers when facing top managers project fighters. Or by primaries or something, I just hate to see my guy(40p4p) against someone in the 5000's p4p with equal skillset.

While I will be in the same boat as you I see it as big risk, big reward.

I'm with Koos on this one. However maybe mixing players up completely could also be a way to go - there are some nice online randomizers. When I was organizing tournaments in other computer game I was using them and recording that so that later I was posting a vid on YT and it was clear that it was indeed random.

And a question regarding next stages - will there be fixtures prepared so that everyone will know the possible opponent in next rounds? Or are you going to make a draw after each round?

Well, there's two ways of looking at it. If we start off doing it by rank, you'll get a few of those matchups in the first round but post that, everyone will be ranked highly. However, if you do it by some other method, you can have scenarios where you see big rank mismatches in later rounds. I'd rather get it over with in the first round and then have everyone highly ranked.

In addition, the 3000 P4P and under rule was put in place to try and safeguard these top fighters. Obviously, we can't have 32 top 100 p4p fighters participating but at least there won't be any post 3000 p4p. After the first round, everyone will be sorted anyway. Most fighters are actually fighting up to the 1500 or so P4P range. For example, out of 22 fighters confirmed right now, only 6 are outside the top 1000 and some of them are still taking fights.

I'm with Koos on this one. However maybe mixing players up completely could also be a way to go - there are some nice online randomizers. When I was organizing tournaments in other computer game I was using them and recording that so that later I was posting a vid on YT and it was clear that it was indeed random.

And a question regarding next stages - will there be fixtures prepared so that everyone will know the possible opponent in next rounds? Or are you going to make a draw after each round?

Thing is, with a ranked system, after one round most people end up being around the same rank, so it creates good matchup's throughout, ending in a close final. I don't mind doing it differently, but I'd suggest that to be the best way about it. Once all finalists are confirmed, I plan on taking a poll on a couple of nuances like this and see what everyone prefers.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to finish up sign-ups.. It's really funny, we hit about 20 in a week and a half easily and after that I just get replies of "I don't think I can win" from most people. It's almost as if everyone's just too scared now.

it's one thing to have a fighter in an org where these monsters reside and next thing you know (after some fights and training n' such), you gotta face 'em for a title or title shot.

it's quite another to purposefully throw them to the wolves. i made that mistake wit rolen spliffs in the syn mio tourney. prolly the worst guy in the bunch (skills-wise) and i was fully aware of that...bad management on my part. u want a monster tournament, then you're gonna have to only get monsters.

it's one thing to have a fighter in an org where these monsters reside and next thing you know (after some fights and training n' such), you gotta face 'em for a title or title shot.

it's quite another to purposefully throw them to the wolves. i made that mistake wit rolen spliffs in the syn mio tourney. prolly the worst guy in the bunch (skills-wise) and i was fully aware of that...bad management on my part. u want a monster tournament, then you're gonna have to only get monsters.

PUSSY

;)

Are you saying that Pyyno would only have one match in the tournament? ;)

Nah, it's pure economics.

If he loses his next fight I won't have the cash

If he wins I'll have the cash. But then he will easily be worth 100k/20k/20k for the same amount fights against top ranked guys.

So it comes down to whether pay 50k to fight lower ranked guys or guaranteed at least 200k fighting opponents of his rank.

If he wins I'll have the cash. But then he will easily be worth 100k/20k/20k for the same amount fights against top ranked guys.

So it comes down to whether pay 50k to fight lower ranked guys or guaranteed at least 200k fighting opponents of his rank.

First, he wouldn't have to face anyone 4k P4P since I believe there is a 3k limit.

Second, my view is this is the ultimate gamble - a lot of fighters like to say they are #1, but for 50k, you get the chance to not only prove it, but pull in a sweet 2 Million - at which point you'd basically be able to do whatever you want for a short time. Do I think Borga is going to win this? Probably not, but for 50k, I'm willing to take a shot and hope the brackets work out in my favor.

Please shoot me a PM about who is managing their org while drunk and would give that kind of contract so I can sign some random fighters to them.

I can see a one fight deal at that MAYBE, but any extended contract is just pissing away cash on that deal.

If he wins his next fight he definitely won't need a drunk org owner to get that kind of contract.

Willing to put down a $50k bet he wont win his next fight.

And the size of his contract is why a lot of orgs go no where. They invest too heavily in guys that havent really proved too much, then the guy fizzles out and the org is left holding the bag and paying a big contract. A hype transfer to the big dogs of the org isnt worth that much over the course of a contract. A one fight deal to transfer the hype to a better fighter is mildly worth it, but thats it.