Blitzkrieg presents... The Gladiatorial Gauntlet! $2 Million in Prizes!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shiv is working in the middle of nowhere right now. He should be back (and awake, assuming he won't check before he sleeps) in about 7 hours I'd guess. :/ Maybe sooner.

Sorry, been out of town the last couple of days and a little tipsy right now but I'll try to answer all the questions presented in the thread.

So each fighter pays you 50k and then they get the chance to win 2 million.... hmmm basic math says 50k x 32 fighters = $1,600,000

So you would have to make 400k within 5 events with very highly hyped fighters to break even.

Ill do it if i can enter for free but i dont have that kind of cash

Essentially, yes. If you compare Syn's tournament, it was essentially the same thing with at least 16 fighters paying 50k for a $1 million purse.

In any case, you forget that Blitz will be sponsoring a few fighters itself to take part in the tournament (I'm sure).

Too bad all (read: both) of my heavyweights are busy doing their own thing. :( Don't have anyone else who's at that level either. Looks great though!

Awww, I'm sure Jan will be up for it after Digits!

Wait, so do even the highly ranked fighters have to pay the fee or just the projects? Because I'd be interested in sending Starship Pain but I don't know about paying for it.

Yeah, we felt it was the best way to make sure we get the best fighters possible. However, since this is about Pain who is a legit top 3 HW (depending on the fight with Reed), drop me a message and we'll see if we can sponsor him ourselves.

Awesome, I'll add you to the list!

Awesome, I'll add you to the list! Take a few fights to get past the minimum rank!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=16860 I'll get him ranked high enough by the time this starts

Awesome, I'll add you to the list! Take a few fights to get past the minimum rank!

How often do the fights take place?

What do the contracts look like?

Put me down for a spot. I'm not quite sure yet which fighter I'll use.

Fights should be 3-4 weeks, we generally do 3 but I'll confirm with Matty about pushing it to 4 since its 5x10min rounds.

Contracts we didn't decide upon but it'll be standard for all the fighters, something around the likes of 5k/5k.

I'd like to take part. Not sure with whom but probably http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=72475, he should be easily within 3k by February. Depending on what happens with other fighters I might use someone else, currently he's the only one that I know will be available though.

Awesome, glad to have you on board :P Maybe Bokhari gets freed up in time!

Pyyno Janis would like to enter.

He looks awesome (though hopefully, I beat him in the LFC GP!).

Great Idea, but kinda interesting timing wut with both the Syn Mill Tourney and the Alliance Tourney going on. Would love to throw someone in this but doubt I'll have anyone available with the other two still in stride.

Good lukk, can't wait to see how this one turns out.

That's why it's in Feb. I posted the thread 2 months in advance so all the fighters have enough time to get free. It is, after all, $2 million with the best competition the game has to offer!

Pretty sure the Syn tournament will be over by the time this starts. Alliance wars will still be going on, but it should be down to 1/4 or so of the starting field freeing up many of the fighters.

Yep, it'll be done.

Hey Shiv and Matty! Is BFC willing to bankroll the entrance fee for one of my guys? Think about it. When I win you will make an easy 150K!

Drop me a message and we'll figure it out!

ELS will be free by then. He will be free by the next rd of the tourney

God knows when he'll get free, but he'll get free for sure, with our without a million bucks to his name.

LOL I was considering throwing the Syn Tourney just to insure a spot for the 2 mill.

But unless I really do decide to throw it, you guys are gonna be real dissapointed :)

I'd suggest you win it and THEN show up :P If you do, I'll cover your entry fees!

Awesome! Welcome!

Anyway, if there are any other questions, just hit me up!

The idea was that orgs will be more willing to let their fighters compete elsewhere temporarily in hopes of some org bragging rights and recouping some of the losses for the fighter being gone. Also to help fighters negotiate assistance with the entrance fee. Orgs should be proud of the fighters they build and should receive benefit from their winnings abroad!

Well, since the pairings will be made by rank, I don't think its much of an issue. Since I like fighting great competition, I'll probably be sending a fighter of my own in it as well.

He's my guy for sure. Gryphon Andersoon

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=24092

Modern mixed martial artists are the direct descendants of gladiators. While the gladiators were (often literally) thrown to the wolves for the amusement of the plebs, mixed martial artists have a limited ruleset protecting them from harm. However, as their direct descendants, true fighters crave to fight the very best; to rise against the odds, if you will. We here at Blitzkrieg intend to resurrect the ancient Roman gladiatorial spirit for a short while until one man reigns supreme.

Every few weeks, we hear threads discussing the age old question.. who, truly, is the best? Repeatedly, these questions have been asked and many answers have come up over the last two years. But ultimately, there's only one way to find out.

I present to you.. The Gladiatorial Gauntlet.

Be warned, this tournament isn't for new fighters or for fighters who aren't "ready" for top competition. This is the place where men come to battle.

Without further ado, here are the rules:

First up, this is an openweight tournament. We don't think weight has a lot of effect in MMATycoon as of now and any size of fighter is eligible to participate in this.

The tournament winner will be given a prize money of $2,000,000 (Thats $2 Million!). In an effort to encourage organizations to send fighters down for this tournament, if a fighter comes in representing an organization, the prize money will be split up 90-10 towards the fighter. That is, the fighter shall get $1,800,000 and the org $200,000. This is only if the fighter tells us they are representing a specific organization here. Fighters can thus, help seek financing for the entry fees from those orgs. A fighter can also be representing no organization and take the entire prize money themselves.

All fights will occur in a cage. Judging will be 10-point based. Here's the twist, they will all be 5x10min rounds. This tournament is here to see who the best fighter is, we're not looking for supremely close decisions at the end of 3 rounds. We want to give fighters the maximum time possible to be able to finish the fight. We don't want to have any questions about any fight at the end of this tournament. As I said before, this is where men come to battle.

There is a $50,000 entry fee per fighter for this tournament. This is a way to make sure people enter only their best prospects for the tournament.

The tournament will be open to 32 fighters, no more and no less.

On the subject of projects, though we feel that some of these projects truly are the future of MMATycoon, we don't believe its fair for someone to be ranked in the top 100 P4P to be facing someone ranked 30000 or so. Therefore, we'll be having a maximum limit of around 3000 p4p or so on our entrants. However, this isn't that hard to do. By taking 3 QFC's you should be able to crack the top 3000 P4P easily. If you need to find a place to get some fights, we'll happily accommodate you at Blitzkrieg itself.

The tournament will be starting sometime in early February 2011. We're announcing this tournament now so most fighters have time to organize their schedules and get freed up in order to be able to take part.

For Blitzkrieg fighters in particular, if you feel like you wish to participate in the tournament, drop me a message and we'll work it out.

I've rambled on enough! (and have probably missed some detail or another, but I'll update those when I realize what I've missed). Without wasting more time, let's get this ball rolling!

We've already been in touch with many top fighters and quite a few in the top 200 or so have already expressed interest.

If there are more than 32 fighters who sign up, the top 32 would get in to the tournament.

Here are the current sign-ups (not paid/confirmed but 99% likely):

1. Starship Pain - Rank: 9 P4P.
  2. Pyyno Janis - Rank: 92 P4P.
  3. David Reese - Rank: 127 P4P.
  4. Aleksi Borga - Rank: 128 P4P.
  5. Merrimac Mjolnir - Rank: 167 P4P.
  6. Raoul Duke - Rank: 385 P4P.
  7. Son Goku - Rank: 534 P4P.
  8. Pete Damato - Rank: 6181 P4P - Will get rank up.
  9. Kron Gracie - Rank: 16982 P4P - Will get rank up.
  10. Konstantin Khavin - Rank: 4578 P4P - Will get rank up.

If you have any questions, just drop a message to me or Matty and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!