Quiting gyms

TangoBravo

Hi all, my first post... I have something for you, right now as it is, you can quit a gym at any time, BUT there's a fixed time when it's best to do it. I think I've read it somewhere, that it's 2 hours after you paid for a week. It's like do it then so you don't have to pay for another one. I'm not sure everybody can make it in that 2 hour window. I personally can't.

So, quiting a gym, especially a '600$ gym' isn't an easy task and here's my suggestion:

It would be better if there's a (second) option that lets you auto-quit a gym at that exact time (press that button and when the time comes, you're out, easy).

Hoping for a positive answer, thank you!

Cheers!

Hey Roni what's up? I don't know if that was a typo you made or not, but you do not want to leave 2 hours after you paid for the week because then you lose out on your money for the week. If you do not want to lose money just leave your current gym early on Thursday and re-join your new gym later on Thursday after gym fee's.

So an auto-leave option for after the thursday PM session before gymfees being payed for those who can't be online to leave their gym in the 2hour window?

If I understand you correctly - good idea!

Hey Roni what's up? I don't know if that was a typo you made or not, but you do not want to leave 2 hours after you paid for the week because then you lose out on your money for the week. If you do not want to lose money just leave your current gym early on Thursday and re-join your new gym later on Thursday after gym fee's.

Nothing, what's up? I'm just wondering about it and I'm not sure what do you mean (typo?) as English is not my mother tongue, but I think you got me wrong there too. It's said somewhere on this forum, by it's moderator (or game developer), so it is true. You DO want to leave a gym at that 2 hour window, but it's almost impossible, and for most people I guess.

So an auto-leave option for after the thursday PM session before gymfees being payed for those who can't be online to leave their gym in the 2hour window?

If I understand you correctly - good idea!

Exactly, it would be much easier with no lost money, just because you didn't make it in time.

To make sure everybody gets it:

It's Thursday and you want to leave right after that PM session, but you're not at home. So it leaves you with no choice but to leave current gym next morning (unless you miss couple of training sessions and quit earlier that day), but then you have to pay for something you didn't want/didn't use and can possibly go broke.

If you stay in a gym one minute after that 2 hour window, you have to pay for another week, that's the catch. With more expensive gyms it makes a real problem.

Yeah Roni, but you wrote leave 2 hours after you have paid gym fee's. That would be incorrect because then you have just paid for gyms fees for that week. Forget the 2 hour window, just leave anytime before gym fee's are due at you're local time. I understand the improvement your suggesting here, i just wanted to clarify for you/and or people reading this who are new.

So you want to train for a week and don't pay for it.

$600 public gyms, specially the ones with double/triple elites, don't usually make money. The only way they can make a profit is with the joining fee. You leaving just between thursday PM session and the payment time cuts the only way a gym owner could profit.

Public gyms are already broken, we don't need to make it worse...

Gym owners are not bad guys. Just talk with him. Say "Hey, I'm leaving next week, can I stay at the gym 'til thursday PM? Maybe I can't make it in time, could you send me the money back?"

If he is a nice fella, he might even let you stay there for free...

I'm not sure do you 2 understand what's this about, I tried my best to explain it, but here, I found the quote for you, written by Moderator of MMA Tycoon, CardiffWanderer...

In hope to skip further misunderstandings:

''The best time to leave a gym is the 2 hours after the pm session on a Thursday as Gym fees are taken out at 11pm GMT every Thursday''

Here's a link if you still don't believe me: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10763

Nobody's trying to rob a gym and I'm pretty sure it's not even doable, no matter what time you decide to leave, next time check the facts please.

Roni i understand your post and what Cardiff has explained. But in Cardiff's post that would apply to people who have the time to get online to remove their fighters within minutes.

Let me give an example, where i am located for the PM sessions my guys will train at 4pm. On Thursday the gym fee's will be taking out at 6pm. Now there's your 2 hour window you speak about, but its not saying remove them 2 hours AFTER you have paid gym fee's as you said in your original post.

I'm assuming your biggest issue is to get in that PM session and still remove your fighter before gym fee's? But you always do not have the time correct? If so what i'm saying is remove the fighter earlier even if you miss out on the PM session, its better than paying the new weekly gym fee's. Then join the new gym of your choice after gym fee's have been collected. I understand the improvement your suggesting here but i feel this is not a major issue and i just gave you a quick fix. There are many other things Mike can put is time into then this.

Roni i understand your post and what Cardiff has explained. But in Cardiff's post that would apply to people who have the time to get online to remove their fighters within minutes.

Let me give an example, where i am located for the PM sessions my guys will train at 4pm. On Thursday the gym fee's will be taking out at 6pm. Now there's your 2 hour window you speak about, but its not saying remove them 2 hours AFTER you have paid gym fee's as you said in your original post.

I'm assuming your biggest issue is to get in that PM session and still remove your fighter before gym fee's? But you always do not have the time correct? If so what i'm saying is remove the fighter earlier even if you miss out on the PM session, its better than paying the new weekly gym fee's. Then join the new gym of your choice after gym fee's have been collected. I understand the improvement your suggesting here but i feel this is not a major issue and i just gave you a quick fix. There are many other things Mike can put is time into then this.

One more quote, many people don't know this:

All training times happen at 9am and 9pm GMT (time of London) no matter where you are in the world.

You suggested a half-workable fix and thank you for trying to help, I just suggested it since I got to realize that maybe sometimes I won't be able to come online maybe the whole day, if Mike doesn't wanna do it, ok. I got no problem with that, I was just trying to help thinking it would help a lot of guys.

All training times happen at 9am and 9pm GMT (time of London) no matter where you are in the world.

You suggested a half-workable fix and thank you for trying to help, I just suggested it since I got to realize that maybe sometimes I won't be able to come online maybe the whole day, if Mike doesn't wanna do it, ok. I got no problem with that, I was just trying to help thinking it would help a lot of guys.

Its not time of london. Its GMT. When in daylight saving, it's different.

What's different? I'm not sure what are you trying to say. Greenwich is very close to London (so time is the same, no?).

Btw, that was quoted from the guide posted above.

My English isn't perfect, so maybe I got it wrong somewhere.

GMT time does not go daylight saving.

So, in the daylight saving, there will be 1 hour difference between London and GMT.

What's different? I'm not sure what are you trying to say. Greenwich is very close to London (so time is the same, no?).

Btw, that was quoted from the guide posted above.

My English isn't perfect, so maybe I got it wrong somewhere.

Twice a year "London Time" goes either back or forwards (spring forward, leap back) by an hour due to what's known as Daylight Savings Time (DST). GMT doesn't change correspondingly. So for half the year training is at 10am/pm in London/the UK, while still 9am/pm by GMT.

Don't worry about your English... it's perfectly fine :)

So you want to train for a week and don't pay for it.

$600 public gyms, specially the ones with double/triple elites, don't usually make money. The only way they can make a profit is with the joining fee. You leaving just between thursday PM session and the payment time cuts the only way a gym owner could profit.

Public gyms are already broken, we don't need to make it worse...

Gym owners are not bad guys. Just talk with him. Say "Hey, I'm leaving next week, can I stay at the gym 'til thursday PM? Maybe I can't make it in time, could you send me the money back?"

If he is a nice fella, he might even let you stay there for free...

there's ZERO chance of you getting training for free. your signing fee covers the next week of training. if you jump in a gym on Friday morning (or any day for that matter) and leave after the following training session, you just paid the full week's fee for one session. You don't pay in arrears, you pay ahead of time.

there's ZERO chance of you getting training for free. your signing fee covers the next week of training. if you jump in a gym on Friday morning (or any day for that matter) and leave after the following training session, you just paid the full week's fee for one session. You don't pay in arrears, you pay ahead of time.

Thats how you see things...

When I wrote this we were in winter and so were in GMT. In the summer Britain is in BST (Which stands for British Summer Time) which is GMT +1 so that does need to be adjusted.

I'm sure I also go on to say that if you cannot make that time due to timezone, plan your training so you would naturally have a rest session Thur Pm and that will give you 14 hours to make the switch.

When I wrote this we were in winter and so were in GMT. In the summer Britain is in BST (Which stands for British Summer Time) which is GMT +1 so that does need to be adjusted.

I'm sure I also go on to say that if you cannot make that time due to timezone, plan your training so you would naturally have a rest session Thur Pm and that will give you 14 hours to make the switch.

That's a good idea (under current conditions), so thanks for help. I somehow missed that part before.

And thank you all for your trouble explaining me that fact about GMT.

I don't understand why you want to leave a gym before fees are paid and then join another gym later. This doesn't make sense to me.

How come? Do you usually leave 'your' gym on Friday when you already paid your current gym for next week or sign in a gym on Thursday morning?

I think everybody got to know by now exactly what I was talking about. It's very well explained in the 1st page.