How would Faber do in the UFC?

sabaton

I'm just a casual fan so I don't even know who he would fight, but I would LOVE to see faber go up against the UFC champ.

IMO they should pit the champs from both organizations in all weight classes against each other. Make some sort of universal belt. Let's not just see who's best in the org, but best in the world. Or at least 2 of the best orgs :D

First, Faber isn't even the champ in the WEC. Second, the UFC doesn't have a 145lb division.

Don't be a smartass you know obviously he implied him moving up to 155

Don't see him beating Bj though.

=/

His ground game would be exploited to the fullest in that match

*Cough Randy Couture Cough* Although he started off at HW and came down then went back up again but his frame is LHWish.

I don't think Faber would fair that well in the UFC.Not saying it would be the same result again but he faced off against Tyson Griffin and lost,not to say Tyson Griffin isn't a good fighter or use MMAMath saying one fighter can beat another because of a victory over a fighter but there seems to be at least a couple better then him.I really think his weight plays a role too being a natural 145er pretty much and not cutting any weight,while most LW's are cut down 168ish or so.

First, Faber isn't even the champ in the WEC. Second, the UFC doesn't have a 145lb division.

I'll second that other post and say don't be a smartass.

He WAS the champ with a DAMN good record

And if he's 145 pounds it shouldn't be very difficult for him to bulk up and reach the lightweight division in UFC. He wouldn't even have to reach 155. You can fight underweight. It looks like he'd have a significant height disadvantage though.

Oh well. I still hope he gets his belt back.

First off HUGE Faber fan!

He has talked about both a move up to 155 and a move down to 135. He wrestled at 135 so he feels that is a natural weight for him.

155 fights:

BJ Penn

Kenny Florian

135 fights:

Jeff Curan

Antonio Banuelos

Dominick Cruz

Miguel Torres

Like stated above.......I think Faber would have a much better chance at 135 then 155. Mike Brown is a strong 145 and Faber just couldn't control him. I would love to see the drop to 135!

Faber would be smashed at 155, plain and simple. He got worked by Tyson Griffin at 145, Tyson at 155 would destroy him.

If Faber is moving any weight its down

this. It's been thrown around the rumor mill that he could easily make the trip down, but competing with the like of Torres and company doesn't bode well either. Best to stick at 145 where he's doing great, even with the losses he's grabbed.

Faber wouldn't do well. He moved up to 155 to fight Tyson Griffin and got KO'd.

Mike Brown is a 145er and did a very good job of imposing his size on Faber and wearing him out.

WD Tyson cut to 145 for that fight I believe.....

Alistair Overeem looks much better as a HW, and as has been mentioned--Randy Couture.

Alistair has the frame of a heavyweight, why he kept cutting so much to make 205 is out of me. Roids or not, Alistair looks better at heavyweight then light heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Franklin has done pretty good moving up to 205. I don't know if he originally started at 205 or not. Also as for BJ Penn he also fought Llyoto Machida. I think Faber gets beat pretty good by the top 155's in the UFC. Plus like was said earlier hes not even the champ in the WEC. The advantage the bigger guys would have would be too much for him to overcome. You have to look at the weight the 155 guys in the ufc are walking around at compared to Faber.

The size factor is huge. It seems like Faber's starting to say he doesn't think making 135 is a big issue. If you can get down to 135, no way can you compete with the upper tier 155ers.

stylistically the matchups aren't there. 155 is stocked with big ole wrestlers who are going to own him at his own game.

I guess its too early to pass a verdict on him but I believe Gegard Mousasi will be sucessful moving up in weight.

But Faber to me would have to go down.