fedor alert

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3470/omfgwow.png

"maybe it's my time to leave..."

:'(

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!! Look at that eye, lol. If "Bigfoot" could do that to Fedor, just imagine what Lesnar would do to it (and I hate Lesnar by the way).

I have to say, Bigfoot vs Overeem should be a good one!!!!

btw dan miragliotta for strikeforce HW champ, he's bigger than bigfoot.

Hahahaha, I've never really noticed how big he was before. Most of the time when I seem him refereeing a fight it is usually Middleweights or smaller. He's a big motherf****r!!!

Somewhere Scott Coker is crying. They just screwed up the biggest HW match-up outside of the UFC in Overeem/Fedor. This tournament was a dumb idea and it just got dumber. The only thing that could make this worse is if Werdum beats Overeem, and Rogers beats Josh.

Somewhere Scott Coker is crying. They just screwed up the biggest HW match-up outside of the UFC in Overeem/Fedor. This tournament was a dumb idea and it just got dumber. The only thing that could make this worse is if Werdum beats Overeem, and Rogers beats Josh.

Very true.

I feel like I've lost all interest in the Tournament...

Either that or its an Overeem conspiracy.

Very true.

I feel like I've lost all interest in the Tournament...

Either that or its an Overeem conspiracy.

That's quite possible. I just don't understand the logic of this tournament. I'm not a Fedor fan, the guys a legend and all, but he's not invincible. Hats off to Silva, this was definitely a huge win for him.

It just seems that the only fight people really cared about was Overeem/Fedor, with Josh/Fedor a distant second(that interest fizzled in 2009). If they wanted to do that, they should have taken a page out of PRIDE's book and had them fight each other in the first round like Royce/Saku did back in the day. I dunno, I'm not a match-maker or a businessman. I just really think they screwed the pooch here, and missed out on a bigger pay day.

EDIT: Sorry, had to correct myself. Royce/Saku fought in the second round.

Was I one of the few people that was actually looking forward to Bigfoot vs Fedor more then Overeem vs Fedor????

WAR BIGFOOT!!!!!

Maybe. But it was still a great night for Bigfoot.

Someone was trying to save face for Fedor. M-1 likely bought the Dr. The fight should not have been stopped. That said the writing has been on the wall for years. Fedor didnt fight well towards the end of his Pride career dating back to his fight with Hunt. Ever since he has looked sloppy in victory which wasnt the case when he was legitly the best fighter. Then he took the path of least resistance going to SF to try and preserve his legacy through lessor competition. Silva isnt that good and he made Fedor look horrible just as he did vs Rogers who is a complete bum.

Fedor has always depended on being faster than his opponent. It is why he was so successful. But as he started to decline his sloppy technique started to show. He never kept his hands up and he has not been abkle to get by with it the last few years. He was no longer making everyone miss and unloading on them at will. Which is why he has taken so much damage in recent fights. Im sure i will get flamed but i have said this many times before and it should have been clear judging by Fedors actions through his free agency that he was no longer fighting like he was the best fighter. He was protecting his record which isnt something you do unless you know in your heart that you are not the fighter you used to be.

We all know now for a fact why Fedor didnt go to the UFC. The fights we seen of him in SF show he isnt even good enough to be in the UFC IMO. Let alone be a contender.

Someone was trying to save face for Fedor. M-1 likely bought the Dr. The fight should not have been stopped. That said the writing has been on the wall for years. Fedor didnt fight well towards the end of his Pride career dating back to his fight with Hunt. Ever since he has looked sloppy in victory which wasnt the case when he was legitly the best fighter. Then he took the path of least resistance going to SF to try and preserve his legacy through lessor competition. Silva isnt that good and he made Fedor look horrible just as he did vs Rogers who is a complete bum.

Fedor has always depended on being faster than his opponent. It is why he was so successful. But as he started to decline his sloppy technique started to show. He never kept his hands up and he has not been abkle to get by with it the last few years. He was no longer making everyone miss and unloading on them at will. Which is why he has taken so much damage in recent fights. Im sure i will get flamed but i have said this many times before and it should have been clear judging by Fedors actions through his free agency that he was no longer fighting like he was the best fighter. He was protecting his record which isnt something you do unless you know in your heart that you are not the fighter you used to be.

We all know now for a fact why Fedor didnt go to the UFC. The fights we seen of him in SF show he isnt even good enough to be in the UFC IMO. Let alone be a contender.

You make valid points and this isn't Sherdog so HOPEFULLY no one will flame you. But how much of this behavior and legacy-protecting do you think is Fedor's doing, and how much is M-1's? I think a lot of it falls on M-1, but definitely not all of it. They're not responsible for his decline.

The haters rage starts now. Enjoy this moment, you fuckheads. Fedor is the greatest fighter in the history of MMA, like it or not. This is his time to leave, he is not going Nogueira or CC's route.

sad but true

The haters rage starts now. Enjoy this moment, you fuckheads. Fedor is the greatest fighter in the history of MMA, like it or not. This is his time to leave, he is not going Nogueira or CC's route.

Yeah. I still think Fedor would knock Brock Lesnar the fuck out with no problem. I think it's funny how people bring up "Lesnar vs Fedor" what has Lesnar done in the cage to make you think he could beat Fedor? Carwin? Cain? That sums up Brock Lesnar's striking ability.

Yeah. I still think Fedor would knock Brock Lesnar the fuck out with no problem. I think it's funny how people bring up "Lesnar vs Fedor" what has Lesnar done in the cage to make you think he could beat Fedor? Carwin? Cain? That sums up Brock Lesnar's striking ability.

There is one problem with that statement............Silva took Fedor down!!!!! He used wrestling!!!!! Again, I am a Brock hater, but Brock would take Fedor down and just lay on him and punch him in the face like his last fight against Mir.

You make valid points and this isn't Sherdog so HOPEFULLY no one will flame you. But how much of this behavior and legacy-protecting do you think is Fedor's doing, and how much is M-1's? I think a lot of it falls on M-1, but definitely not all of it. They're not responsible for his decline.

M1 are paid by Fedor to represent him like any management. He empowers them. I dont buy Fedor being held against his will, That said i dont think Fedor is a fruad and i dont think he is the Cyborg people made him out to be. Anyone who has followed MMA since the beginning knows there is no such thing as a best fighter. There never was and never will be a real best fighter. There is always someone out there who will beat you. Fedro survived aftyer Pride by knowing this and being a smart fighter and avoiding bad match ups. Specifically the younger fighters in the UFC. In Pride he was King for many reasons in my opinion. Mainly because there was less importants placed on Victory. Almost every fighter who fought in Pride will tell you that Prdie and the fans dont care if you win as long as you come to fight. You can even see this in former Pride fighter who coem to the UFC and you can tell they take it more serious than ever before. Also Pride never buold contenders. They kept the same old fighters so he never really had to deal with the new blood fighters. He was fighting younger fighters.

Thats not to say he wasnt any good. He was very good. But he was just one of many top fighters. No better or worse. Unfortunately his fans have hyped him so high that now he is forced to retire because he is held to this false stardards that cant allow him to fight for the sake of fighting. So now we are cheated out of soem great fights because he is scared to lose again.

There is an old adage that if you haven't lost you haven't fought anyone good.

There is one problem with that statement............Silva took Fedor down!!!!! He used wrestling!!!!! Again, I am a Brock hater, but Brock would take Fedor down and just lay on him and punch him in the face like his last fight against Mir.

Disagree. Difference between Antonio Silva and Brock Lesnar? Striking defense lol. Go watch Brock break dance. Unless he landed a takedown immediately, he's gettin punched, curling up, doin a 720 like a turtle on his back, and he might do the bike pedal with his legs while he does it.

I actually root for Brock Lesnar. But I have as much faith in his ability to take a punch as I do Arlovski's.

On that note, I used to think Arlovski had all the intangibles to be one of the best p4p HW's. Still think physically he did at one point, minus the chin. Maybe lost the work ethic when he moved to Chicago and started bangin american women.

Yeah, if Fedor cant stay on his feet vs Silva and cant get Silva off him he would be in trouble with Brock. But fights are really not that black and white. Fedor could catch him with strikes early. If they fought multiple times imsure it would happen. But i would say Brock is easily the favored in that fight.

Disagree. Difference between Antonio Silva and Brock Lesnar? Striking defense lol. Go watch Brock break dance. Unless he landed a takedown immediately, he's gettin punched, curling up, doin a 720 like a turtle on his back, and he might do the bike pedal with his legs while he does it.

I actually root for Brock Lesnar. But I have as much faith in his ability to take a punch as I do Arlovski's.

On that note, I used to think Arlovski had all the intangibles to be one of the best p4p HW's. Still think physically he did at one point, minus the chin. Maybe lost the work ethic when he moved to Chicago and started bangin american women.

I see where you are coming from by also consider Cain is 10 times the wrestler Fedor is and Brock still put him down but just couldnt keep him there. Im sure Fedor wouldnt get back up. There is a chance Fedor blasted him before getting taken down but has anyone done that to Brock before getting taken down? Carwin used his wrestling to avoid a takedown by getting his hips out and getting back to his feet before the flurry. I just dont see a 220 lbs Fedor with less strength and wrestling stay on his feet or getting back to them. He would have a punchers chance but all HWs have that.