Cornell Cage Fighting

Rathen

Good event that, I didn't realise I was up for a title fight. What will I do with my #2 man who is also in the same league and weight class?! Decisions, decisions.

I sent a PM, but I got another 185lb guy who can move to LA and hopefully after his next fight a superheavy also. Let me know if they're of any use. I could make some new dudes if you need, but I'd want to let them train for a couple weeks before fighting them.

Really pleased with that event, good job dudes.

Post CCF 7 Rankings

145lb

1. Rick Slick (Champion) ^ 3

2. Xiao Long Li ^ 3

3. Robert Eberson New Entry

4. Troy Tornado v 1

5. Sammy Bach v 3

6.Wolf Hawkins ^ 6

7. Alexander Fedorov New Entry

8. Trey Capone New Entry

9. Grant Fairtex v 3

10. Gleb Fillippov v 1

11. Astrud Rivera v 1

12. Edd Stone v 1

170lb

1. Luke Upton (Champion) =

2. Chris Bell =

3. Amanda Lei =

4. Nathan Darwin New Entry

5. Domingo Santiago v 1

6. Remy Aerts New Entry

7. Sean Taylor New Entry

8. Pepito Manaloto v 1

9. Javier Hernandez ^ 1

10. Thomas Canterbury ^ 1

11. Nathan Mabie New Entry

12. James Smith =

13. Billy Westcott New Entry

185lb

1. Manley Power (Champion) ^ 2

2. Aaron Miller ^ 7

3. Mario Doarmario v 1

4. Sirak Jules =

5. Gorge St Parfay New Entry

6. Stuart Ward ^ 5

7. Dan Lardy New Entry

8. Asbjorn Rundstrom v 3

9. Slake Shady v 2

10. Bear Foker v 4

11. Tez Johnson ^ 1

12. Bob Fatt New Entry

13. Eddie Franco =

14. Chou Biao Zi ^ 1

15. Misha Zhukov v 1

205lb

1. Ricky Dale Johnson =

2. Barlon Mrando ^ 1

3. Jake Taylor ^ 1

4. Gabriel Zat (Champion) v 2

5. Nathan Mackenzie ^ 1

6. Takashi Sudo ^ 1

7. Gorgeous Bush v 2

8. Poark Chopsky =

9. Nazz Smooth ^ 1

10. Sam Striker New Entry

11. Kris Brown v 2

12. Kido Moon New Entry

13. Sage Young v 1

14. Matthew Montoya v 3

265lb Division:

1. Swiffer Dozer New Entry

2. Serghei Bureac New Entry

3. Bubbles Experiment New Entry

4. Kim Andres New Entry

5. Larry Owlington New Entry

6. Sime Soljic New Entry

7. Dean Green New Entry

8. Mack Xyience Jr New Entry

--

Here's the review for CCF 7. A number of good fights, and a good crowd. Looking forward to the main event this weekend, though.

Greetings, CCF Managers. Halvard Storstrand here once again, and after a slight vacation, I'm back to review CCF 7. Wild Bob's was crowded with spectators looking for some great fights, and they weren't disappointed.

First up was middleweight bout between Zhukov and Lardy, both men great boxers, promising a solid brawl. This was Lardy's debut fight, and Zhukov came in off a loss to Fistus Maximus, who has been building a reputation for brutally short fights. The two exchanged blows for the first minute of round one before Lardy was looking tired already. Not sure if that was due to Zhukov's body shot early in the round, or if Lardy's just not up to the level of conditioning needed in pro bouts. Either way, the second minute was great for Zhukov, cutting Lardy as Lardy missed every blow he tried to land. In the third minute, Lardy started to get back into his game, and at the beginning of the fourth, Zhukov ate a big hook that set him unsteady on his feet. Lardy was unable to close the deal, though, and the match went to a second round, which didn't last very long. Lardy knocked Zhukov down with the bell, and that was all she wrote. Lardy took this one, using his strategy of more single strikes to slip in and out of Zhukov's range.

Next up, another middleweight bout, this time pitting Jules and St. Parfay in the cage. Jules a bit of a jack of all trades, with his main focus in Muay Thai, and St. Parfay is heavily trained in Muay Thai with enough wrestling to keep the fight standing. Jules coming in with a combined 5-4 record and a 1-1 record within Cornell, St. Parfay making his debut. The match was a long, dragged out snore-fest, with most of the "action" being St. Parfay failing to take Jules to the mat. Still, Jules was unable to match St. Parfay's control in the clinch, and St. Parfay came away with a unanimous decision.

After those two middleweight fights, a featherweight fight to break things up a little. Bach and Eberson two very different fighters. Bach is your standard boxer cum MMA jock, while Eberson is a wrestler with a solid background in BJJ, in addition to a smattering of boxing and Muay Thai skills. Eberson's debut in the Cornell Cage, and Bach 1-1 in Cornell with a combined record of 4-1 prior to the fight. For the first minute, Bach controlled the fight, stuffing every attempt by Eberson to take the fight to the ground, until he decided he'd try and play Eberson's game. This was a bad decision, and Eberson took advantage by countering Bach's takedown attempt with a double leg, landing Bach in a bad position. Eberson rained down a storm of blows on Bach before finally sinking in a kimura, ending the match in just over two minutes. Gotta love the unpredictability of a fight on the ground, in my opinion, even though this one was a foregone conclusion.

Fourth was a light heavyweight bout pitting Moon against Mackenzie. Moon 0-1 in CCF and a Muay Thai fighter who works best in the clinch, Mackenzie a boxer who can also take it to the ground if need be. The fight went a full three rounds, alternating between periods where each fighter was dominant. Mackenzie controlled the fight better and landed more blows, though, so he walked away with the decision.

Fifth, a featherweight fight between Li and Federov. Both men strong on the ground. Li was the dominant fighter the whole time, making every takedown attempt and keeping Federov from improving his position for the most part. Finally, about two minutes into round three, Li nailed an armbar and ended the fight.

The second-to-last undercard bout doesn't need much explanation. Dozer and Xyience stepped into the cage, Dozer came out punching, and Xyience lasted all of eight seconds. Hats off to Swiffer Dozer for such a quick fight.

Last on the undercard was Johnson and Miller. Johnson had the advantage on the ground, looking at the fighters' training, but Miller decided that that wasn't going to be the case, and dominated every facet of the fight, landing every takedown attempt, getting in some ground and pound, and using his superior Muay Thai skills to dominate in the clinch. The decision was an easy one.

The co-main for the night was Slick versus Tornado to decide the featherweight championship. Both men undefeated prior to this match. Slick a great wrestler, and Tornado an excellent boxer, making this fight an interesting clash of styles. The first round was all about Tornado, stuffing takedowns and putting his boxing expertise to work on Slick. Three minutes into the second round, Slick countered a takedown by Tornado and ended up on top for the rest of the round, not that much came of it. Another two takedowns by Slick in the final round, and finally he managed to turn things around, landing an americana with only five seconds remaining and taking the featherweight belt.

Our main event was a much hyped matchup between Manely Power and Fistus Maximus for the recently vacated middleweight belt. Both men solid boxers, and Fistus coming in with an undefeated streak of KOs and TKOs. The opening of the first round looked like every other Maximus fight, a big combination knocking down his opponent, but Manley Power got right back into it and dodged everything Maximus could throw, taunting him with counter punches at every opportunity. There was nothing Maximus could do for the rest of the match but watch Power chip away at his chances for the middleweight belt, and when the final bell rang, the judges didn't have to deliberate long to give the fight to Manley Power, our new middleweight champion.

That was CCF 7, and I'll be back next week to give you a rundown of what happened at CCF 8, featuring Luke Upton defending his welterweight title against Chris Bell.

Hey! CCF Managers! Yeah, you guys! Tell me what you think about the reviews, and about the possibility of doing interviews about main event fights in the future. It doesn't matter if you're a terrible writer, I'll clean it up and make your fighter sound like he's at least only mildly retarded. Wanna call someone out? Get it in a letter to every manager in the org so they can't claim they didn't see it "because I don't read the forums."

I'm the writer for CCF, and it's boring as hell just writing "Maximus tore another guy a new asshole, like every other fight he's had," for nine or ten fights every week, and it's boring to read. I want some personality for our publications, and I want to hear from the managers!

If you want to get your words out to the rest of the organization, send a message to Halvard Strorstrand and tag it with [CCFN] and I'll make damn sure everyone'll hear what you want to say within the next week!

• 5 months later...

Jorge Green interviewed on his upcoming fight with Kido Moon

Random Reporter:Hello I am with Jorge Green here

Jorge Green:Yo

Random Reporter:So with your rematch with Kido coming up soon are you doing something special to prepare

Jorge Green:Yes restraint training

Random Reporter:Could you elaborate

Jorge Green: Of course, you see I must restrain from killing him because once that cage door closes I cant control myself

Random Reporter:Well aren't you a little worried, he has beaten you before

Jorge Green:No I'm not worried at all I played his game all fight and he couldn't finish me, so now it's his turn to play mine

Random Reporter:One last question before I let you go here how do you see yourself winning this fight

Jorge Green:KO in the first round, someone in the first row will get Kido Moon's head as a souvenir after I knock it off his shoulders

Random Reporter:Well thanks for the interview it has been great having you here

Jorge Green:Great being here

• 1 month later...

Jorge Green interviewed on calling out Jia Le Lia

Ariel Helwani:Hello this is Ariel Helwani here with Jorge Green and Jorge how are you doing today

Jorge Green:Never been better

Ariel Helwani:You have been the cause of some controversy lately calling out Jia Le Li after your fight with Kido Moon can you shed some light on why you did that

Jorge Green:I wanted the fight

Ariel Helwani:But why

Jorge Green:Well because he is one of the best in my division and to be the best you have to beat the best and after I crush Michael whats his face Jia Le Li is next

Ariel Helwani:Are you looking past Michael Johnson a bit

Jorge Green:Only because there isn't much to look at

Ariel Helwani:One more question if you beat Michael Johnson and Jia Le Li do you think you will get a title shot

Jorge Green:I hope so

Ariel Helwani:Well thanks for the interview and I can't wait to see you in the octagon again

Jorge Green:No problem and RIP Michael Johnson December 11th

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo Splash, keep on with the interviews for your fighters man, they're cool. If you and other guys send them to me I will be happy to put together a CCF newsletter. Also, you can submit them to the Tycoon Times and if they're good enough I'll try to get them published!

Jorge Green interviewed on open challenge to the 205 division

Ariel Helwani:Ariel Helwani here with Jorge Green and Jorge you always seem to be the source of some kind of controversy. Last time we talked you had just called out Ji Le Li now you have one uped that and called out your whole division, is there a reason why you have done this

Jorge Green:Glad to be back and yes I want the best fights possible

Ariel Helwani:But how does calling out your whole division do that

Jorge Green:Because if you call out everyone somebody good is gonna want to fight you out of the bunch

Ariel Helwani:Is there anybody in particular that you want to answer your challenge

Jorge Green:Actually yes, it would be really nice if I could fight Brock Lesnar

Ariel Helwani:Do you have some kind of grudge against him

Jorge Green:No I just think we would have a good exciting fight

Ariel Helwani:Well Jorge thank you for your time and good luck in your fight on February 12th

Jorge Green:Any time

CCF 39: Jones vs. Ice Cold! PREVIEW

Esteemed members of Cornell Cage Fighting, it is that time again! No, not shower day! Today is the day we return to Hyashi's Lounge in L.A. to attempt once more to sell out the 2000 person arena for the first time. I have sent out a fleet of unmarked, white vans driven by members of my Moustache Appreciation Club armed with bags of candy to try to lure people in to help make up numbers but so far this has only resulted in failure, arrests and a phone call from Chris Hansen. I am not sure what the overall result will be but I can tell you that either way we will have 10 big name fights going down very shortly and 3 of CCF's titles are going to be contested. Assuming I need to stand trial soon I'd best tell you the details now (Would you believe someone nominated me for an award for writing this nonsense? http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28104):

Charlie "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche vs. Dan "The Any Time" Henderson

Light Heavyweight. TITLE FIGHT!

After turning down a title defense against the intimidating Jia Le Li, the aptly named Cliche is looking to defend his title against one of CCF's favourite and most entertaining fighters, "The Any Time" Henderson. "The Any Time" has been living up to his monicker ever since joining the organisation and has never turned down a fight or even thought twice about accepting as he has knocked out plenty of fighters tipped to take him out. Tonight might prove the exception as he looks to redeem himself against the only person in CCF to ever stop him as Cliche managed to secure a TKO back in CCF 32 and will be feeling fairly confident to retain his crowd. Henderson's first choice tool is his wrestling but Cliche seems to have his number on this so I'll be expecting both men to be standing and trading for the majority of this fight. Cliche has the slight height advantage and the better skills across the board, however Henderson has more experience and real dynamite in his fists so this fight could go either way and I am going to tip "The Any Time" to redeem himself with a KO victory just so we can hopefully see these 2 men fight for a 3rd time with even more pride on the line!

Ari WW vs. "Punkin" Colin Millen

Welterweight

Two of CCF's brightest up-and-coming welterweight prospects take to the cage next as WW and "Punkin" Millen prepare to battle for supremacy. Both men have been hugely impressive and have shown the ability to garner OTN awards although WW shows a preference towards KOs an "Punkin" towards submissions however both like to claim these from the mat. This is going to result in an interesting fight as both men are equally matched in BJJ so Millen will look to snatch the errant arm and WW will look to control the position and pound Millen into pulp. WW has the wrestling advantage whereas Millen has the kickboxing so it will be fun to see the men battle for position and attempt to dictate where the fight takes place. A close fight between two tenacious competitors but I feel that Millen has the ability to defuse WW on the floor so his standup advantage should give him the ability to take out the decision victory.

Prince Valor vs. Erick "Genius" Villar

Middleweight. TITLE FIGHT!

One of the biggest surprises to emerge from the latter half of last year's middleweight division was Valor. In just his 3rd fight he took on the reigning champ Rundstrom as a relative unknown and emerged with the belt. From here he has defended it twice and has garnered 4 OTN awards from 5 appearances, an impressive display indeed. His opponent, "Genius" Villar has never been successful in his title attempts but has a bucketload of OTN awards to his name as well so you're guaranteed a highly exciting fight irrespective of who takes the prize. Valor has impressive skills across the board but his standup is really something special whereas Villar is the converse side of the coin with his grappling being his key assets. I feel that "Genius" has been training hard and has the wrestling to get Valor down to the mat, the question will be whether or not he can capitalise on this but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt as all good things must come to an end and I think Valor is going to take his 1st ever professional loss via submission.

Austin Stryker vs. "Wreckless" Jake Taylor

Light Heavyweight. Co-Main Event

The co-main event features "Wreckless" Taylor, the previous LHW champ who had his 10 fight win streak put to an end thanks to a surprising submission from the aforementioned Charlie Cliche. Taylor will be keen as mustard to get back on the winning track against Stryker but it will be no easy task as the two are equal grapplers and Stryker's lack of boxing will be made up by his muay Thai, although Taylor's 9cm height advantage may take some of the danger out of his high kicks. You'd have to think the winner of this fight will be the next to contend, along with the previously mentioned Jia Le Li, for the LHW title and irrespective of who comes out on top tonight both men are going to be future contenders in their own rights but based off of Taylor's record I am going to tip him to win a KO victory and go straight back for the belt he would consider to be rightfully his.

Tom Jones vs. "Ice" Vanilla Ice Cold

Featherweight. Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

For me, this is the most anticipated fight in CCF history and it has been many months in the making. The unstoppable freak of nature that is Jones, riding high on a 7 fight win streak, is looking to defend his title for the 4th time against the young sensation "Ice" Cold who is also undefeated in 7 fights (or ever!). Both men are known for their exciting fight styles and big KOs so you can expect a real fireworks show here tonight although Jones has the slight edge in skills across the board. This is by far the biggest test of "Ice's" career and he will be aiming for an early KO as the longer he goes against the champ the more Jones' greater training and experience is going to show. I don't want to speak ill of any fighter here but I am not sure Cold will be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat here tonight and I expect Jones to win a decision victory but you can be sure if this does happen it will not stop Cold from coming back bigger, better and badder next time around.

That was the good word for the CCF 39: Jones vs. Cold preview. This is going to be a massive night of action so make sure you boogie on down and join me, K-Rad, ringside for all of the Cornell Cage Fighting action!

CCF 39: Jones vs. Ice Cold! REVIEW

There's only one word I can use to describe CCF 39: Jones vs. Ice Cold, direct from the mouth of the great man himself, "CRIKEY!". What a stonkingly huge night we had! We smashed our previous event record, climbed 50 places in the world wide ranking and 7 in the city. Of course the Midweek events will bring this back down, but still, not too shabby 'eh? We also beat our previous attendance record but only by about 20 people but whatever, huge night! 3 titles went on the line and every fight of the evening was hard fought so let's see what went down:

Charlie "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche vs. Dan "The Any Time" Henderson

We kicked off the overcard with the light heavyweight title fight between "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche and "The Any Time" Henderson. This fight was always going to be exciting as Cliche has great skills and Henderson is a wild animal in a cage so the fans certainly made some noise as the 2 men entered the arena. A close 1st round which saw Cliche take the fight go to the floor but was unable to capitalise with the ground and pound before standing and continuing to deny "The Any Time" his own opportunity to takedown. Some impressive defensive grappling from Henderson when the fight resumed on the mat saw him switch to the dominant position and score some nice strikes, Cliche only taking the round via sheer aggression. The 2nd round saw a continuation on this theme with Henderson scoring the better hits but Cliche controlling the action well and not really finding his rhythm until the 3rd round when he started to land his strikes and look comfortable with his grappling as he advanced position well, continuing this roll of dominance into the 4th and 5th rounds as Henderson started to tire and was just unable to capitalise with his standup striking. In the end the judges were required to make the only decision of the night and they voted unanimously in favour of the champion, Charlie Cliche retaining his LHW title in his 1st ever defense and a very special fight as well with both men looking fantastic and deservedly being awarded FIGHT OF THE NIGHT. You can bet your sweet arse Henderson will be back and better than ever in the near future and keen to wear that belt.

Ari WW vs. "Punkin" Colin Millen

Welterweight

Two up-and-comers from the 170lbs division, WW and "Punkin" Millen looked to assert their dominance on the division and as usual they didn't disappoint the crowd as they put on a truly wonderful display which started in rampaging style as Millen clinched, struck hard and then took the fight to the floor. The fight ended standing thanks to the referee and Millen went on to show his impressive low kicks until the bell rang. The 2nd round saw Millen control the fight from the clinch as he managed to avoid WW's takedowns and utilise effective knees and punches from close range. The final round was short but sweet when WW wore 3 low kicks in a row and fell for the 4th which went high, rocking him as Millen put 2 more kicks down low to keep him off balance before the 3rd kick nearly took off WW's head and "Punkin" Millen was awarded the headkick KO at 0:39 of round 3 as well as scoring KO OF THE NIGHT, because everyone loves a headkick!

Prince Valor vs. Erick "Genius" Villar

Another title fight up next, this time for the middleweight belt. Valor has been impressive since he burst onto the scene and once again was looking down the barrel at the old CCF veteran "Genius" Villar. I predicted Villar to take this fight via superior grappling but despite taking Valor down twice in the 1st round and piling on submission attempts he just wasn't able to capitalise thanks to some impressive starfish technique from Valor. The 2nd round began with the 2 men trading blows as "Genius" waited for his moment to get the fight down to the ground but it was Valor who seized the day by moving into the clinch and really spanking Villar from up close. Eventually a nice left rocked Villar and before he could recover a damaging uppercut slipped through his guard and from his knees he took punishment until the referee called it a night. The winner via striking TKO and still the middleweight champion, Prince Valor!

Austin Stryker vs. "Wreckless" Jake Taylor

Light Heavyweight. Co-Main Event

Another LHW fight in the co-main event between previous dominant champ "Wreckless" Taylor and impressive contender Stryker. This was a battle of East meets West in terms of boxing and came down to the sheer aggression of Taylor as he relentlessly advanced with strike after strike. It wasn't even 30 seconds into the 1st round when Stryker wore a straight right that left him cut and despite his attempts to retaliate, the former champ's strike defense and footwork was too fine and allowed him to stun Stryker with a nice jab and a few winding body blows later he ended the fight with a jolting cross followed by a flurry of blows which saw the referee intervene at 2:05 of round 1 and award the striking TKO to "Wreckless" Taylor.

Tom Jones vs. "Ice" Vanilla Ice Cold

Featherweight. Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

Quite possibly the most anticipated bout in CCF history took place in a history making event as 2 fan favourites and finest fighters to grace the Cornell Cages met to battle for the featherweight title. Jones has been a weapon of mass destruction for some time, as has his undefeated opponent "Ice" Cold, both men riding 7 fight win streaks coming into this bout. "Ice" showed no signs of fear against the champ as he was highly aggressive but perhaps slightly over enthusiastic with his combinations as Jones moved well and counter struck beautifully in a 1st round showcasing impressive standup skills from both men. The 2nd round changed gears as Jones took the fight down early and really loaded up on submission attempts and despite Cold's own attempts he was unable to make an impact on Jones who managed to isolate an arm and tighten up around Cold's neck, eventually securing the arm triangle at 3:19 of round 2 and maintaining his featherweight title against a hugely worthy who refused to tap and didn't give up until he was out cold. A truly fantastic step up to the challenge by "Ice" Cold and a wonderful display from a real champion from Jones. Like Henderson, Ice Cold will be back, bigger and better than ever you can bet a kidney on it.

WRAPUP:

A giant night all around and despite the brilliant submission in the main event the SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT was awarded in the undercard during the middleweight fight between Alex Mason and Jamie Jager. Both men had been around the block and shared mixed records but despite Yager escaping an early takedown he made the mistake of taking the superior grappler Mason to the floor where he quickly found himself tied up by a textbook triangle that sent him to sleep at 1:50 of round 1.

I am K-Rad and I hope you enjoyed the evening, a special thanks to everyone involved and those of you who weren't, fight hard and soon you too will be rocking Hyashi's Lounge!

• 2 weeks later...

Splash 300: I dig your style man, if you can flesh out your interviews a bit more, add some more questions and maybe a bit of background to your fighter there is a good chance they could get published in the Tycoon Times newspaper, feel free to submit them yourself, or put them in here and I will do it or even PM me, whatever works for you mate.

CCF 41: Holmes vs. Saratuwari! REVIEW

Welcome back sweet hearts, K-Rad here to give you the rundown of all the mixed martial arts action that went down on the weekend at CCF 41: Holmes vs. Saratuwari. As you've come to expect, it was a massive night with a sell out crowd, a fantastic event rating and some big finishes. Plenty of big CCF names went head to head so let's have a look at the top 5 fights of the night:

"Brickhouse" Oli Andersson vs. Gully God

Middleweight

First up on the maincard were middleweights "Brickhouse" Andersson and God, men who have fought each other before and were looking to assert their dominance. Both men can stand and bang and last time it was God who came out on top so Andersson was keen to redeem himself in this bout. God showed impressive counter boxing as he avoided "Brickhouse's" attempts to clinch and takedown and replied with some big hits each time. God's strike defense proved too impressive for Andersson as he struggled to land a blow and just inside the 3rd minute, with Andersson looking tired already, God landed a big right hand which knocked his opponent to the floor and despite Andersson's agility in quickly regaining his feet he was looking shaky and God made the most of it with a solid straight punch followed up by more strikes which left Andersson's face looking like a side of pounded beef. The winner via striking TKO at 2:29 of round 1, God.

"The Demon" Gabriel Zat vs. Elias Nielsen

Light Heavyweight

CCF Hall of Famer, the perennial "The Demon" Zat took on Nielsen next in the light heavyweight division. As per the fight preview, despite Zat's impressive standup skills it was his weakness on the ground which Nielsen exploited in the end, despite Zat getting the initial takedown after some explosive striking to begin the round. Once on the ground Zat was slowed by Nielsen's patience and impressive defensive grappling which eventually saw him mount "The Demon". The round saved Zat from further ground and pound and despite coming into the 2nd round with more impressive standup striking, it was "The Demon" once again who took the fight to the mat where Nielsen managed once again to reverse the position and claim the top from which he struck until he found an opportunity to isolate an arm and crank which saw Zat tap out at 2:18 of round 2 via kimura submission.

Silco "SD" Deans vs. "The Bus" Erik Boose

Super Heavyweight

The big boys up next with "SD" Deans and "The Bus" Boose throwing down in the super heavyweight section in a fight which defied all expectations and showcased some hugely impressive chins during a fight which amazingly went the distance. Deans came out aggressively and was made to pay by Boose who showed nice footwork and managed to open a cut on "SD" in the 1st minute. The rest of the round saw Boose gain confidence and step up to the challenge and he delivered the more decisive and accurate strikes, dominating the round. The next round was closer as the two men went shot for shot but it was still a round dictated by "The Bus" as he upped his aggression and really took the fight to Deans. In the final round Deans realised he needed to step up and he did his best to control the action and score a win from the clinch but for some inexplicable reason, whenever he had Boose where he wanted him, he would break the clinch and go back to fighting on Boose's turf, a decision which in the end guaranteed his loss as the judges scored unanimously in favour of "The Bus" Boose in a bout that was highly deserving of FIGHT OF THE NIGHT.

"Flawless" Gareth Edwards vs. "Macho Man" Randolf Vicious

Heavyweight. Co-Main Event!

Co-Main event time brought more big boys, this time heavyweights in the shape of "Flawless" Edwards and "Macho Man" Vicious, into the cage. These are 2 of the big names in the HW division and they looked keen as mustard to have a go at each other in a fight which help some big surprises and perhaps a warning for the rest of the HW division. Vicious, known for his impressive wrestling skills, only used them briefly for one takedown which the referee quickly stoodup due to inaction. For the rest of the fight 'Macho Man" showcased some highly dangerous and hereto unknown boxing abilities as he battered "Flawless" with punches, eventually turning out Edwards' lights with a big overhand right to the side of his opponent's head and at 1:28 of round 1 the winner via punch KO was "Macho Man" Vicious.

Rocky "Fierce" Holmes vs. "The Slick Monkey" Kegon Saratuwari

Welterweight. Main Event!

The main event featured welterweights including former champ "Fierce" Holmes and a man who is looking keen to contend for a title some time in the near future in the form of "The Slick Monkey" Saratuwari. Both men are great fighters and it was Holmes who showed his intentions straight off the bell as he threw almost every single shot of the 1st minute before Saratuwari took him down and proceeded to show his disdain for "Fierce's" brown belt abilities by piling on submission attempts, a trend his continued later in the round when it was Holmes' turn to take him down. The 2nd round started in exciting fashion when "The Slick Monkey" was cut by a big Holmes kick but Saratuwari again showed his self confidence by getting in even closer to "Fierce", initiating clinches and then dominating him up close and personal while Holmes looked to pull guard. Holmes' lack of variety made it easy for Saratuwari to dictate the terms in the clinch and a hook to the side of the head left Holmes rocked just before the 2 men went back to ranged striking distance. A wobbly "Fierce" made an easy target for "The Slick Monkey" who reclinched and dropped Holmes with a big right and then followed him to the floor with a flurry of strikes which saw the referee intervene and award the win to Saratuwari via striking TKO at 4:30 of round 2.

WRAPUP:

Before I leave you guys to go back to pretending to work I'd like to finish of the OTN awards, starting with SUBMISSION OF THE NIGTH which came in a light heavyweight bout between Bobby Bracks and Jorge Green. Green was the more aggressive fighter initially, putting the pressure on Bracks who wasn't sure what to do with himself as he attempted time and time again to clinch before eventually taking the fight to the floor and showed impressive grappling skills only to amazingly standup each time. In the 2nd round, obviously after some words from his corner during the break, Bracks found some form and upon taking the fight down he worked on submissions, the 2nd, a rear naked choke made possible after Green gave up his back, managed to be successful and a stubborn Green who refused to tap was out cold and bleeding from the nose at 1:37 of round 2. The winner via submission, Bracks.

Finally, the KO OF THE NIGHT was awarded in another light heavyweight bout, this time between Kido Moon and Ricardo The Chief. Unsurprisngly given his Thai background, Moon moved into the clinch as soon as possible and proceeded to cut The Chief with a knee to the face. Moon continued to dominate The Chief up close, rocking him with another knee but was unable to finish before the bell rang. The 2nd round was no different for Moon who clinched up and unleashed the Thai fury before they quickly went back to ranged distance where a big head kick from Moon sent The Chief crashing down. After his opponent regained his feet, Moon reclinched and from here just went crazy with knees until the referee stepped in and called it a night, the winner via knee TKO, Moon at 0:57 of round 2.

There you have it, all the action from CCF 41: Holmes vs. Saratuwari. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I and we have some special treats coming up for you need week with 3 events in one week, including the beginning of our new middleweight creation tournament, don't miss it! K-Rad out.

CCF 42: Cat vs. Junior! PREVIEW

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Cornell Cage Fighting! Our 42nd main event is showcasing some great talent including a very special fighter who is making his first ever maincard appearance that includes a writeup so I'd like you all to give a big CCF wave (the pants down variety!) to Gray Maynard and his manager Michael Faraday. Hi Michael! We have 10 fights on the card which is coming at you live from L.A.'s The Underground, likely to be one of the last fights from this venue as we look to try to step up the scale of our operations and operate solely out of larger arenas. The welterweight title is on the line again and there's plenty more than that so let's take a look:

Alexander "Flex" Fedorov vs. Paul Stewart

Featherweight.

Two of the stalwards of CCF's featherweight division, "Flex" Fedorov and Stewart take to the cage to kick off the maincard in a battle which should utilise most of the space in the cage as they go from standing to the floor and back up again. Both men have purple belts and some wrestling, their weakness is on their feat, however it is a relative shared weakness so they shouldn't have any problem with fighting against each other standing periodically. Stewart has a height advantage which may allow him to work his striking a bit more effectively but it is tough to say as both men are more or less equally competent in their kickboxing. My major concern is "Flex's" lack of finishing ability so I'll be tipping Stewart to be working harder towardsa a finish and by virtue of this secure the decision win.

Solar Flair vs. Gray "The Bully" Maynard

Welterweight.

The undefeated "The Bully" Maynard, who is fighting up a weight class from his natural weight is in for the toughest challenge of his 5 fight undefeated career. Flair, the veteran who has lost confidence in himself but still packs a big hit, claiming 10 KO wins from 10 total wins is looking to turn around his fortunes and end Maynard's winning streak. The two men have polarised abilities in the same 2 skills, Flair favouring boxing, Maynard favouring wrestling, so it will be interesting to see who can strike 1st. With no manager and no morale I am not too confident about Flair's chances, despite his KO abilities and I am going to pick Maynard to step up to the big time in a blaze of glory and make it 6 in a row through the ground and pound KO victory.

Robert Eberson vs. "Blackout" Wong Mongtong

Featherweight

Two of the real talents of CCF, one past and one present meet up in what is shaping to be a fantastic bout in the featherweight division. Eberson defended his FW title 3 times before losing to the current champion Jones and is keen to improve on the mixed record he has set since then, his wrestling and jitsu being his main dangers, able to use GNP and submissions equally as comfortably. "Blackout" on the other hand is relatively new to the CCF scene and has forged a solid career to date as he steps into this fight trying to come back from a loss he suffered in his last appearance. Mongtong has the height, Eberson has the extra training and experience and you can bet that this fight is not going to require judge's assistance. A tough fight to pick but I think Eberson will be able to exploit Mongtong's relatively weak ground game and take out a submission win.

Rory Kincade vs. Ryan Hoffman

Welterweight. Co-Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

The co-main event features a rematch title fight between Kincade and Hoffman. The champ, Kincade, is looking to secure his 1st title defense and Hoffman is looking to crash that party with some highly impressive BJJ. For Kincade's part, he will be looking to rely on his standing game and use his slight advantages in Western and Thai boxing to ensure Hoffman is unable to have an opportunity to wrap him up. Hoffman is the far taller man which may make his grappling a little more difficult but he always has his GNP to fall back on. Another tough fight and an absolute fight of the night contender but I am going to back Kincade to retain his title via KO.

Barn Cat vs. Adelso "Terror" Junior

Featherweight. Main Event!

Two of the great emerging talents of CCF face off in the main event with Cat, undefeated after 3 fights, taking on "Terror" Junior who has lost 3 in a row to spectacularly conclude a previous 5 fight win streak. In an interesting twist, it was Cat who was the 1st person to beat him and he is back again for a 2nd time as "Terror" looks to redeem himself and put the bogeyman behind him. This will be difficult for Junior as his morale isn't great and his energy levels are shot. This will make it all the more difficult for him to avoid Cat's devastating high kicking game and he also probably won't get an opportunity to put his superior jitsu to work as Cat holds the wrestling aces. On another day, in peak condition I would expect "Terror" to hold his own but as it stands currently I am expecting Cat to make it 4 from 4 and probably kick Junior's head off again.

That's the rundown of CCF 42: Cat vs. Junior, I am looking forward to seeing you all at the event so don't let me down! K-Rad is out of here.

CCF 42: Cat vs. Junior! REVIEW

Welcome back sports fans, K-Rad here to review Cornell Cage Fighting's latest offering, the 42nd weekly main event featuring Cat vs. Junior. A sold out Underground arena in L.A. was the venue and I tell you now there was a lot of noise being made for the fighters and their teams as they made their way into the grounds. Only 9 fights took place due to a disappointing start to the night in the shape of a No Contest but let's take a look at the top 5 fights and their results:

Alexander "Flex" Fedorov vs. Paul Stewart

Featherweight.

As mentioned in the preview, the two featherweights beginning our maincard, "Flex" Fedorov and Stewart have been mainstays in the CCF lineup for some time now and they have put on some great performances over their careers. Stewart started strong with a dominant takedown followed up by control of the floor. This trend continued into the start of the 2nd round but "Flex" wised up to Stewart's plan and started to pour on some very impressive grappling skills, really forcing Stewart to work resulting in a round so close that you could only give the slight nod to Fedorov due to his higher work rate and attempts to strike. The final round saw a complete shift in position as Fedorov came out with the takedown and spent the round dropping bombs on Stewart who was attempting, unsuccessfully, to pile on the submissions. A big blow late in the final round left Stewart rocked but in the end he was saved by the bell and the judges, scoring off of an entire fight criteria judged in favour of "Flex" Fedorov and awarded him the unanimous decision. A hugely entertaining fight and both men did exceptionally well, earning their FIGHT OF THE NIGHT bonuses.

Solar Flair vs. Gray "The Bully" Maynard

Welterweight.

In the welterweight division, "The Bully" Maynard was super keen to show the fans what he had in his first main event, main card appearance. His manager Michael Faraday has been talking up the undefeated Maynard for a long time now and has put in a lot of hard work which will allow us to forget the fact that he called out and then ducked a bout against the now retired veteran Rick Slick. Both men came out with a bang, fireworks exploding left and right and it was Flair who drew first blood with a flashy spinning back fist which left "The Bully" bleeding. Maynard decided it was time to show what he was capable of by taking Flair to the mat and proceeding to beat him senseless for the next minute until, seeing stars and off with the fairies, the rocked Flair was unable to take any more and tapped out, submitted due to strikes. A fantastic effort from "The Bully" Maynard who took the win at 3:58 of round 1 and stepped up to the mic to request a shot at the title. You bet your arse you can have a shot at the title Maynard, but don't be ducking this time!

Robert Eberson vs. "Blackout" Wong Mongtong

Featherweight.

Back down to the featherweights for the highly anticipated battle between the up and coming sensation "Blackout" Mongtong, the hero of the Thai sparring at CCF's member's only gym and the ex-champ and long rested and recently returned legend of CCF, Eberson. I had predicted Eberson to exploit "Blackout's" weak ground game and perhaps this would have been the case if he had enough time to try but after a brief period of going toe-to-toe and before Eberson could even attempt the takedown, Mongtong unleashed a monster headkick and it was all over at 1:11 of round 1. Eberson fell down like a Chinese apartment block in an earthquake and Mongtong took the headkick KO win.

Rory Kincade vs. Ryan Hoffman

Welterweight. Co-Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

A rematch for welterweight title glory in the co-main event as Kincade and Hoffman battled for supremacy. Kincade was keen to defend his title successfully for the 1st time and despite the hardwork put by Hoffman in the 1st round, securing the takedown and working on submissions, it was Kincade who landed the greater amount of successful strikes. Hoffman's corner must have passed on this information between rounds as he stepped up his striking in the 2nd round, really putting a hurting on Kincade who didn't seem able to pull out any magic and escape from being side controlled. After being cut in the 3rd round due to a nice elbow to the temple, Hoffman took the fight back down only to be quickly reversed by Kincade who continued to dominate the rest of the round from the top. The final 2 rounds sealed the fate of his bout as the fight remained standing and Kincade asserted his dominance in the striking department, battering the fatigued Hoffman around the cage but unable to seal the victory without the judges who scored the fight unanimously in favour of Kincade who retained his welterweight title.

Barn Cat vs. Adelso "Terror" Junior

Featherweight. Main Event!

As mentioned in the preview, Cat and "Terror" Junior are 2 of the emerging great talents of CCF's featherweight division. Both men are hugely exciting fighters who have managed to secure some big wins in their young careers. Cat came out from his corner with extreme aggression and poor Junior looked gassed inside the 1st minute from all of the punishment he took coupled with his inability to secure a takedown. Late inside the 2nd minute a well placed headkick left "Terror" bleeding and 30 seconds later he was rocked thanks to another big Cat high kick. Devastating stuff from Cat who seized the opportunity to throw a few more low kicks before going back up top and toppling "Terror" who was out cold before he even hit the floor. The winner via headkick KO, Cat at 2:49 of round 1.

WRAPUP:

Before I leave you to go back to hiding from your wives, girlfriends, mothers and Martha Stewart, I'd like to cover the remaining OTN awards. I'll begin with the KO OF THE NIGHT which came to us from the 3rd fight of the evening in a heavyweight bout between Guillermo Martinez and Adam Copeland. The fight didn't last long as Copeland just flew flurry after flurry of punches at Martinez who wore a combination and some blood early in the round and shortly after wore another, followed up by some big knees which left him on the ground and saved by the referee at 0:43 of round 1. The winner via striking TKO, Copeland!

The SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT took place in the final fight of the undercard between welterweights Travis Lirette and Tony Jones Stark. This was a short fight too as Stark clinched up and was aggressively looking to strike, a fact which Lirette used to his advantage when he pulled guard. The two men traded of submissions for the next minute but it was some impressive transitions from Lirette which secured freed hips, an arm to latch onto and the rotation which secured the submisison win via armbat at 1:46 of round 1.

There you have it boys and girls, CCF 42 all wrapped up! Make sure you join us for CCF 43 and remember that this week we had the 1st leg of the pool stage of our 185lbs creation tournament as well as a Midweek Mayhem event going on tonight! It's a massive week of Cornell Cage Fighting!

CCF 43: Taylor vs. Cliche! PREVIEW

Greeting Cornellians, K-Rad back with you for the preview of our 43rd weekly main event featuring Taylor vs. Cliche! We're back at Hyashi's Lounge and once again we're working on trying to sell out all 2000 seats and as an added bonus to try to break the 200 event rating. There's 3 titles being contended and truck loads of action so let's boogie on down and take a looK!

Prince Valor vs. "The Shield" Stuart Ward

We kick off the maincard in the most exciting possible way, with a title fight between veteran and previous champ "The Shield" Ward and the force of nature that is the undefeated, 3 times defending middleweight champion of CCF, Prince Valor. The champ has all the answers in the standing game so you can expect "The Shield" to be trying to get this fight to the floor using his superior wrestling and there the two men will battle for supremacy using their equal grappling skills. It will be interesting to see if someone is able to finish this fight early as they're well matched on the mat and are of equal size so it will all be a matter of gameplan and heart. It's hard to argue with success though and I would have to support Valor's efforts to make it 4 title defenses as I expect him to take out the decision win.

"Dominator" Alex Mason vs. "Starscream" Ronnie Boxer

Middleweight

A nice contrast of styles to keep the action rolling with the submission specialist "Dominator" Mason taking on "Starscream" Boxer, a man who, as his name suggests, really likes boxing! These two men have fought before, last time Mason got the best of the action with an impressive armbar inside the 1st round which saw him take out an OTN award so this time around Boxer will be keen on settling an old score. Mason is the slightly larger man and has some kickboxing to compliment his purple belt, but in terms of standup striking this is really "Starscream's" forte and I am not sure Mason has what it takes to secure the take down. This deficiency in wrestling is leading me to back Boxer to take out the KO win.

Cain Velasquez vs. "Seventy-Seven" Sven Svensen

Heavyweight

Two of CCF's familiar heavyweight faces take to the cage to try and prove their supremacy as the old hand "Seventy-Seven" Svensen looks to ruin Velasquez's 6 fight unbeaten record. The two men are well balanced, both with jitsu and wrestling skills, although Velasquez has the better of the wrestling, they both also have some moderate standup skills so this fight should be spread over the entire cage and at all levels of range. Velasquez has 10cm on his opponent which should help his striking, however it may prove a liability on the mat as "77" has shown his love of submissions and will certainly be hoping he can snatch an arm before Velasquez can pound out a KO. A tough fight to pick, both men go very hard once they hit that cage but I am going to tip Svensen to wrap up Velasquez and submit him for the win.

"Punkin" Colin Millen vs. Busy Signal

Welterweight. Co-Main Event!

The co-main event features 2 very popular welterweights with exceptional records, "Punkin" Millen with his kickboxing and Signal with his jitsu. The deciding factor between these two men is wrestling, a skill with Millen is deficient in which will likely allow Signal to dictate where this fight takes place. He will want to hope so anyway, as he has no standup skills and the mat is where he wants to be ASAP. Signal is the slightly larger man which will give his takedowns extra momentum and I am not sure Millen will be able to strike hard before he is busy trying to grapple with a brown belt. I don't fancy "Punkin's" chances to be honest and I am tipping a Signal submission victory.

"Wreckless" Jake Taylor vs. Charlie "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche

Light Heavyweight. Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

One of the most eagerly anticipated fights in CCF history, the rematch between the previously unstoppable "Wreckless" Taylor, successful three times defender of the title, and it's newest champion "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche who is going into his 2nd title defense. Taylor is certainly going to have to be worried about his lack of ground skills going into this fight as he has been submitted by Cliche before, his white belt and lacklustre wrestling are certainly handicaps when faced with "Hitman's" huge wrestling, purple belt and ability to submit. The two men are of a size, so there's no advantage to be had there and I am expecting to see Taylor go for broke in the opening minutes as he surely can't expect to survive too much longer than that unless he can score the KO. Just because I want to see a 3rd installment in this saga, I am going to tip "Wreckless" to reclaim his belt and take out the KO victory!

There you have it boys and girls, a really stonkingly large night of fights so make sure you join me, K-Rad, down at Hyashi's Lounge for all the action in L.A.'s greatest fight organisation!

• 3 weeks later...

CCF 46: Rad vs. Velasquez! PREVIEW

Salutations stalwart Cornell Cage Fighting friends and family! K-Rad here and let me tell you, I've missed you ugly buggers. I've been a busy boy but for now I am back in action and pumped up like Anna Nicole Smith's chest to be previewing the 46th CCF main event featuring 3 title fights and as usual hoping to sell out all 2000 seats at Hyashi's Lounge in beautiful Los Angeles. As you've come to expect, some of the biggest names in L.A.'s fight scene are making an appearance, the others will be watching from the stands and awaiting their turn to enter the cage in the next couple of weeks. A special thanks to all of the managers and fighters who accepted their fights and made this event possible, it was only confirmed at the last minute and I was worried we'd only have 8 or 9 fights on the card so thanks again! Let's take a peek at the action:

Tim Grace vs. "Punkin" Colin Millen

Welterweight

Two of CCF's rising young stars, Grace and "Punkin" Millen, are two fighters who have made a big impact on the expansive 170lbs division. Both of them are riding high on win streaks and have the standing game to make some sparks fly and ignite the cheers of the fans. Grace is the taller man by 10cm and is an excellent boxer whereas "Punkin" will be relying on his kickboxing to give it back as his wrestling doesn't look good enough to get this fight to the mat. I am super keen to see which fighter can make the fight work to their advantage and I feel this is a good opportunity for Grace to claim a decisive win over a quality opponent so I am tipping him to take the KO victory.

Charlie "The Pitbull Hammer Hitman" Cliche vs. "Monster" Jia Le Li

Another hugely anticipated matchup sees the real surprise of the 205lbs division, Cliche, looking to defend his title for the 4th time after bursting out onto the CCF scene and claiming the title as a massive underdog in only his 2nd professional fight. Li on the other hand has been around the block and has been champing at the bit to get back into the cage after quite a lengthy hiatus due to a lack of suitable opponents. Well he has his wish now, looking to claim the title and a win against the very man who beat the previous champ Taylor, the only person who has beaten "Monster" in his last 7 fights. Li has the standup advantage thanks to his superior kickboxing but it is Cliche who has the wrestling to dictate where this fight takes place so we may well see Li spending some time on his back trying to defend against "Hitman's" ruthless ground and pound. A tough fight for both men but I think Li has what it takes to end Cliche's unbeaten record and will claim the belt and keep the 205lbs division interesting as both Taylor and Cliche, amongst others, will be keen to get their hands back on that title. I am not sure how it will end but I think 5 rounds of big action may be the result and it may well come down to points.

Elias Nielsen vs. "Wreckless" Jake Taylor

Light Heavyweight

Speak of the devil and the devil appears as the aforementioned "Wreckless" Taylor steps into the cage for a very difficult bout against Nielsen. This is a matchup which will test the abilities of both men as they have hugely contrasting styles, Taylor with the big standup striking game and Nielsen with the wrestling and brown belt which sees him at home on the floor. Nielsen will want to be on his toes early as Taylor has a stonking 10 KOs from 11 wins and will be keen to claim another and look for another title shot. Nielsen however knows how to tie a man up on the floor and if this goes down then Taylor will be in very big trouble, seeing Nielsen look for a title fight himself. This fight could go either way and I expect it to be decided in the first 3 minutes so I will go with experience and back Taylor to take the KO win.

Prince Valor vs. "Starscream" Ronnie Boxer

Middleweight. Co-Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

Another title fight, this time in the middleweight division between the undefeated after 7 Valor, looking to defend for the 6th time against the big boxing Boxer and his heavy hands. Valor is still the superior standup combatant with his Thai boxing to complement his Western styles and he also holds the wrestling and jitsu advantage so I think "Starscream" is in big trouble. Taking Valor's 6cm height advantage into account I don't expect this title to be going anywhere any time soon but Boxer has certainly shown a lot of heart taking this fight and he will need it if he wants to leave this cage alive. I am tipping a Valor win via KO.

"Special K" Kickin Rad vs. Cain Velasquez

Heavyweight. Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

The main event of the evening sees "Special K" Rad taking on Velasquez in his 5th title defense and this is going to be an absolute corker. All the talk in the 265lbs division is about these two men, especially Velasquez who has burst onto the scene back in CCF23 and hasn't been defeated after 7 fights, winning every single bout through knock out. His 1st fight made it 50 seconds into round 2 but his latest 6 haven't made it out of that 1st round, this is a man who lives to turn out lights and he is raring to wear the gold. Rad won't give it up lightly though, he has won an OTN award in his last 5 fights and he knows how to score a KO himself and his 14cm of height superiority mixed with his Thai boxing will make him a formidable opponent. Velasquez will want to take it down and pound out the win but if Rad can hold him off for a short while he should retain his title. I think "Special K" can end Velasquez's run and keep the belt so I am tipping him to take a KO win.

That's the run down of the impending CCF46: Rad vs. Velasquez, it really is great to be back and writing for you guys so I hope you can make it down to the event! For the boys involved in the Midweek Mayhem events, I hope you're enjoying them and I am looking forward to seeing your careers, hype and popularity progress to the point where you join these warriors in Hyashi's Arena and fight for a championship!

• 2 weeks later...

Jorge Green interview

Ariel Helwani:Well I'm back with my good friend Jorge Green and Jorge how have you been

Jorge Green:I'm good, I feel like killing Brock Lesnar

Ariel Helwani:I saw you at the weigh ins you looked angry

Jorge Green:Thats because I was, the fans wanted to see a fight not some fool showing up overweight. I came to fight and Brock didn't. If a fighter isn't serious about fighting then cool. Just don't waste my time because I am.

Ariel Helwani:Would you be interested in fighting him if they offer it again

Jorge Green:Of course and we can do it at heavyweight so he can't miss weight

Ariel Helwani:Also on a personal note I enjoyed your 26th birthday party

Jorge Green:I saw you there man you know how to party, you got so wasted and then you fell asleep in my tub

Ariel Helwani:Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing

Jorge Green:I'll say

Ariel Helwani:Well thanks for the interview and I can't wait to see you in the octagon again

Jorge Green:No problem

• 3 weeks later...

CCF 50: Grace vs. Signal! PREVIEW

Salutations and apologies darling Cornellians for the absence of writeups. As a one man army trying to run both this org, the gym and all of those wasteful real life things that interfere with my Tycoon time it is difficult to also fit in doing writeups for you beautiful people. Today I have 15 minutes free and I am doing my best to sneak a preview in, so bear with me! I'd like to thank everyone for accepting their fights and, where necessary, stepping up to challenges, especially in regards to title fights! Today at Hyashi's Lounge there are no titles on the line but we're expecting 2000 people to fill up the arena and make some noise for 20 of L.A. and the world's finest mixed martial artists. Let's take a peek at the top 5 fights on the card:

"Punkin" Colin Millen vs. Tragen Hyabusa

Welterweight

Millen had an impressive 5 fight win streak broken by his current 2 fight losing streak and he will be keen to turn it around as he takes on Hyabusa, a fighter who is also looking to redeem himself against a loss in his last appearance. Hyabusa holds all of the aces in this bout with the superior standup and ground game as well as height so with the odds against him "Punkin" will need to pull out all the stops and utilise an intelligent game plan. Neither fighter has been KO'd in their professional appearance and both have decent grappling so this is a fight I'd expect to go to the judges where Hyabusa's superior skills should allow him to pick up a decision win.

Mike "The Mc" Hammer vs. "Seventy-Seven" Sven Svensen

Heavyweight

An undefeated newcomer, "The MC" Hammer is hitting the cage to try to continue his run against one of CCF's favourite sons, the veteran Cornellian that is "Seventy-Seven" Svensen. Poor "Seventy-Seven" has fallen on black days of late with a mixed record of wins and losses but he must be confident that he will be able to get this fight to the floor and put his superior jitsu to work. For his part, "The MC" has some brutal boxing skills and has taken all of his wins via KO so he is certainly a force to be reckoned with, especially taking into account his 32cm height advantage. A tough ask for Svensen but I think he should have the experience to make this fight go his way and claim a submission win.

Ryan Hoffman vs. "The Slick Monkey" Kegon Saratuwari

Welterweight

The hugely underrated Hoffman has been fairly quiet for a while now but he is keen to come back into the limelight with a bang as he takes on the ever popular "Slick Monkey" Saratuwari. Saratuwari is an impressive fighter, having won 2 sub of the night awards for his efforts but Hoffman is the higher ranked grappler and he will be perfectly happy to roll with "The Slick Monkey" if that's what it comes down to. I personally would expect this fight to spend a decent amount of time standing and I think Hoffman has the kickboxing to end Saratuwari's night prematurely via knock out.

Rory Kincade vs. Tiger Tye

Newcomer to CCF Tye has challenged the current champion Kincade to a 3 round non-title fight in what appears to be a marketing coup to raise some hype for the so far mostly untested fighter. Kincade is never one to turn down a challenge and is stepping up to take on a fighter who looks to have slightly better skills than himself all round. What Kincade does have however is experience, confidence and the gas tank to keep going and going. Except fireworks in this fight ladies and gents as these two men trade big shots and look to humble the other as quickly as possible. I feel that whilst Tye may well have the makings of a champion, Kincade has proven himself by defending his title 4 times already and therefore has what is required to edge out a decision win here.

Tim Grace vs. Busy Signal

The main event is the final in a chain of welterweight bouts featuring some of CCF's favourites and this is a hugely anticipated fight which is likely to decide who is next in line to challenge the aforementioned Kincade for his belt. Grace has been looking fantastic of late, winning 4 in a row whereas Signal has showcased massive submission grappling abilities and has 3 sub of the night awards to his name out of 6 submission victories total, a great statistic and one that explains why he is so popular with the punters. Grace definitely has the standup game covered but Signal has slightly better wrestling and far superior grappling so Grace will need to be effective with his strikes to avoid being taken down and tangled up in Signal's limb wrenching web of jitsu destruction. A tough fight to call, especially as Signal is yet to be knocked out and I think he may just have the takedowns to put Grace out of his comfort zone and win via submission.

That's it from me, K-Rad and the CCF team. Which is also me, K-Rad! Take care and make sure you bring your sweet booties down to Hyashi's Lounge this weekend and cheer on your favourite fighters!

CCF 50: Grace vs. Signal! REVIEW

Greetings Cornellians and groupies of! K-Rad here unleash the review of another brilliant Cornell Cage Fighting weekly main event, our half century as it was. 50 main CCF events after the dreams of a humble cage cleaner of the local zoo came a reality when Tommy Cornell created his masterpiece, his enduring testament and legacy: CCF. After beginning with a handful of fighters competing in the panda's enclosure whenver they were sent back to China for their annual medicals, CCF has grown to be one of the largest and most active organisations in the world and is routinely seeing huge event ratings and impressive attendances for all of its (often 3 weekly!) events. Despite the man, nay, the legend himself being absent of late due to a nasty bout of testicular elephantitis, Tommy Cornell is nevertheless greatly impressed with the calibre of all of his fighters and the passion they show in the ring. Today we look at the 50th event, Grace vs. Signal. Nearly 2000 outrageously good looking CCF fans, as they all are, turned out at Hyashi's Lounge to watch 20 of the best go toe to toe. There was a plethora of knock outs on display and if you follow me down I shall give you the rundown of the top 5 fights on the card:

"Punkin" Colin Millen vs. Tragen Hyabusa

Welterweight

Two fighters from the welterweight division, both looking to turn around losses in their last appearance took to the cage to begin the overcard. Millen was slightly outmatched in terms of sheer primary skills against the formidable Hyabusa and it looked ominous early as Hyabusa took him down off the bell and proceeded to put on the submission attempts. "Punkin" did well to remain cool and reverse the positions, eventually progressing to the mount and landing some solid ground and pound as the round ended. The 2nd round saw Millen seize the initiative and take Hyabusa down and controlling the action with impressive defensive ground and pound and striking. The end of the round saw Millen stand, only to be taken back down by Hyabusa but once again Millen swept and ended up on top as the bell rang. The final round saw the first couple of minutes take place in the clinch, the longest amount of time spent standing in the fight and Hyabusa was looking strong both up close and at a distance but "Punkin" threw him off his game driving a knee fair into poor Hyabusa's balls. Hyabusa recovered well and took the fight down again but it was all Millen on the mat as he worked the submissions off his back until the bell called an end to the fight. After 3 rounds it was up to the judges to make a decision and they scored unanimously in favour of Millen who showed his dominance on the mat to take the win.

Mike "The Mc" Hammer vs. "Seventy-Seven" Sven Svensen

Heavyweight

A great matchup next between undefeated boxing up-and-comer "The MC" Hammer and CCF veteran and favourite son, "Seventy-Seven" Svensen. Svensen showed his experience early as he countered Hammer's explosive boxing with well timed kickboxing, cutting Hammer early in opening of the 1st round before taking him to the floor. From the mat Svensen was relentless as he mixed up submission attempts with brutal ground and pound from side control which saw Hammer bleeding even more from the cut on his head. The 2nd round didn't improve for Hammer as "Seventy-Seven" took him down again quickly and continued on the same game plan, submission, pound, pound and in the end the doctor was called in to check out Hammer's head and had no choice but to call an end to the fight as Svensen was awarded the cut TKO at 3:27 of round 2.

Ryan Hoffman vs. "The Slick Monkey" Kegon Saratuwari

Welterweight

An eagerly awaited bout for those who have been following CCF's extensive 170lbs division. Two men who have shown his ability to throw down against the best went toe-to-toe in a battle that promised to showcase some high class grappling. We weren't disappointed by the mat work had to wait for a solid 2.5 minutes of striking as the two men traded blows and Hoffman in particular looked very impressive with his high kicks, landing 3 to Saratuwari's head in this time. Eventually Hoffman's aggression paid off as he got the takedown he was after and softened up Saratuwari with some ground and pound before putting his superior jitsu grading to work with 2 submission attempts, the second of which saw him secure an arm triangle submission at 3:30 of round 1.

Rory Kincade vs. Tiger Tye

CCF new guy Tye has pulled off a successful bid to garner some hype and popularity as he challenged Kincade to a non-title fight in his 1st ever CCF appearance. Tye had the slightly better training across the board but Kincade had experience and confidence and this showed in the first two rounds which saw Kincade wearing away at Tye with lowkicks which managed him to secure both rounds by the slimmest of margins. Tye showed good skills on the ground, though perhaps a little too much enthusiasm as Kincade managed to work his way to safety but in the final round Kincade was unable to work his way out of a picture perfect straight right hand through the middle which landed flush, rocking the champ. Tye showed fantastic boxing and killer instinct to quickly get close and low and swing through with a brutal right hook which left Kincade out cold and falling in slow motion to the floor. The winner via punching KO at 0:41 of round 3, Tye! Welcome to CCF baby and congratulations on being awarded KO OF THE NIGHT!

Tim Grace vs. Busy Signal

The finale in a succession of welterweight bouts tonight saw two of the divisions most popular and successful 170lb fighters facing off in a title contender's battle for next shot against the just KO'd Kincade. Signal dominated the first round through aggressive wrestling backed up by a non-stop BJJ assault as he piled on the submissions and tried to soften up Grace with some ground and pound. The 2nd round saw Signal's momentum stalled as Grace managed to keep the fight standing and counter with some crisp boxing which looked to take some of the sting out of Signal as when he finally managed to take Grace down late in the round he was unable to capitalise and make much of the opportunity before the bell rang. The final round was all Grace as Signal looked to have used up his energy reserves too early and Grace battered him around the ring for nearly 4 minutes before rocking him right a strong right hand and then clinching up and stalling to end the fight. Given the dominant standing efforts of Grace in the final round the judges had no choice but to award the unanimous decision win to Grace.

WRAPUP:

The only things left to discuss are the remaining OTN awards. The first is the SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT which was awarded in the very first bout of the evening when middleweights Johny Mayweather and Chris Leben looked to improve on their records and make their mark on CCF. Mayweather dominated the 1st round with some brutal kickboxing, kicking away at Leben's body, legs and head with fantastic accuracy but perhaps not quite enough power as he was unable to finish the fight despite this domination and cutting his opponent twice. This would come back to haunt him as Leben made it all or nothing from the bell in the 2nd round, taking Mayweather down and despite the latter putting in a beautiful switch into fullmount he didn't capitalise and Leben switched him back and grabbed a leg, twisting hard and forcing Mayweather to tap out thanks to a fantastic kneebar submission at 2:38 of round 2.

The FIGHT OF THE NIGHT goes to a fighter who despite remaining fairly quiet in CCF's 205lbs division has been awarded 5 OTN awards from his last 6 appearances, 3 of these have been FIGHT OF THE NIGHT. The award was given in a light heavyweight bout between Kido Moon and Manny Simmons in a bout which saw plenty of action for the entire 15 minutes. Moon dominated the 1st round from a Simmons imposed clinch and Simmons returned the favour in the 2nd round by winning the round over a Moon initiated clinch, the sweet irony not wasted on either fighter as they came into the final round. Unfortunately for Simmons it was he who clinched up in the final round and as per the formula of the previous rounds it was Moon who came out on top as he unleashed a barrage of knees which worked over his opponent and impressed the judges enough to award him the unanimous decision win.

That's it from CCF 50: Grace vs. Signal! I am K-Rad and it was a pleasure to have you all along for the ride to celebrate out 50th main week event. I look forward to another 50 and we will begin this weekend at CCF 51! See you there!

• 2 months later...

CCF59: Monteiro vs. Spanked! REVIEW

Welcome back to Los Angeles ladies and gentlemen for the review of CCF59: Monteiro vs. Spanked! Another big night on the West Coast saw Hyashi's Lounge at full capacity as 18 of the land's finest fighters went head-to-head. The headlining event, taking place in the co-main slot was the culmination of 2 previous matchups between Monteiro and Spanked as the two men smashed their way to domination in the 185lbs creation tournament. Going into this event the scores were level at 1-all and it was Spanked who took the glory of winning the competition gold so tonight both men were keen to prove that trophies are for toys and the thrill of the hunt is all that matters. On top of this, in the main event we had Kincade taking on the very dangerous Saratuwari for the 170lbs title to cap a card full of excitement. Let's have a run down of the top 5 fights of the night:

Tom Jones vs. Wes "The Knockout King" Weddle

Featherweight

Jones, a man who has been feared throughout the featherweight division for a long time now hit the cage running against "The KO King" Weddle and proved he is still a force to be reckoned with. I expected this one to go to decision but the former champ didn't want a bar of that. Both men started the fight hard landing solid head punches in the first minute but it was Jones who mixed it up the most and landed the kicks when he threw them. Weddle changed gears just before the end of the first minute and took Jones down, looking to put his grappling to work but Jones anticipated nicely and managed to reclaim full guard before taking advantage of Weddle just not working hard enough to finish the superior jitsu practitioner as Jones latched onto a loose arm and locked his legs around to secure the triangle which forced Weddle to tap out at 1:41 of round 1.

Barn Cat vs. "The" Great Cornholio

Featherweight

One of the most flamboyantly exciting brawlers in the CCF 145lbs division is Cat who entered the cage tonight to take on a highly anticipated newcomer to the organisation, "The" Cornholio. Cat is deadly with the high kicks but he was the significantly shorter man coming into this bout and perhaps this uncertainty allowed Cornholio to take him down straight off the bell. Although the referee stood the fight back up after 3 minutes of "The" controlling and aggressively looking to strike and Cat managed to cut him with one of his patented head kicks, it was still a round dominated by Cornholio. The 2nd round saw improved accuracy from Cornholio's ground striking as he rocked Cat halfway through with a few big bombs from the mount but Cat did well to hold on and survive the barrage of submission and strike attempts until the end of the round. The final round saw Cat needing to claim a knock out to win but he was unable to assert any kind of dominance until just before the bell when he managed to sweep into the top position but it was too little too late and Cornholio was awarded the unanimous decision victory. A solid debut appearance at CCF turns around his 2 fight losing streak.

Gully God vs. "P" Randall McMurphy

Middleweight

A highly anticipated matchup is this middleweight fight between God and "P" McMurphy. Both men have been blasting through the top ranks of the middleweight division, destroying ex-champs and Hall of Famers at will. Both men were unbeaten coming into this bout so there was plenty on the line for both men and it was McMurphy who drew first blood with a stinging left-right combination which left God cut. God moved into clinch but this turned out to be a poor decision as "P" battered him time and time again up close, eventually rocking him with a solid hook to the side of the head. McMurphy came out clear victor of the first round and early in the 2nd he ensured there would be no need for a 3rd when he used God's aggression against him to counter a right hand with a devastating head kick that sent God into the land of the sandman at 0:25 of round 2. A brutal knock out and a heated McMurphy used his post fight interview to say some less than friendly words to God and his team which he apologetically retracted a few days later.

Gonna "Get" Spanked vs. "The Professor" Marcello Monteiro

Middleweight. Co-Main Event!

The event we have all been waiting for sees "Get" Spanked and "The Professor" Monteiro shaking down for the 3rd time and this time it is for absolute bragging rights as the greatest up and coming Middleweight in the organisation. Both men are guaranteed future title contenders and they came out battling like it and despite my prediction of a draw both men did their best to ensure this wasn't to be! Spanked got the fight down early and worked on the ground and pound as Monteiro tried to control and advance position. Once Monteiro reached guard he worked on some submissions but none were successful as Spanked kept on trying to land strikes. The 2nd round saw Spanked get the takedown once more and a repetition of the 1st round was under way! The final round saw a change in the action as the two men spent the first minute trading blows on their feet which got the crowd roaring before Spanked once more took the fight down and this time made sure of it when a heavy elbow stunned "The Professor" and a few more big shots and another big elbow saw the referee intervene to award the striking TKO victory to "Get" Spanked at 2:56 of round 3. A brilliant and conclusive win and I am fairly confident that later in their careers these two men will meet once again. It is going to be Rutten and Shamrock all over again!

"The Slick Monkey" Kegon Saratuwari vs. Rory Kincade

Welterweight. Main Event TITLE FIGHT!

The main event of the evening was a title fight for the welterweight crowd between "The Slick Monkey" Saratuwari and the champ Kincade. Saratuwari has been in blistering form of late and Kincade has been a dominant champ so this was always going to be a great fight. Saratuwari unleashed pandamonium amongst the crowd when, after Kincade moved to clinch, he managed to sneak around Kincade and throw the significantly smaller man clear over his shoulder in a picture perfect suplex. Saratuwari then piled on the submissions but they were a no go as Kincade defended impressively for a man who had just been belted onto the mat like a rag doll. Kincade managed to improve in the 2nd round as his standup striking started to find range and he did just enough in the first two minutes to impress the judges despite being taken down once more in the final half of the round and then battling for position with "The Slick Monkey". The 3rd round was all Kincade as he kept it standing for all 5 minutes, mostly working the clinch where he cut Saratuwari with nice elbow. The 4th round saw more groundwork thanks to a nice trip takedown by Saratuwari but Kincade was up to the task as he sweeped early and then put the pressure on "The Slick Monkey" with some good ground and point. The fight was still very close coming into the 5th and final round and it saw a mix of all the previous rounds in one as Saratuwari took the fight down, Kincade swept, ground and pound and eventually was stood up by the referee. From here Kincade secured a clinch domination for the final couple of minutes and it was here that he secured his title via unanimous decision in a FIGHT OF THE NIGHT effort.

WRAPUP:

Before I leave you all to watching midget porn I would like to tell you all about the KO and SUB OF THE NIGHT awards!

The SUB OF THE NIGHT came in the 2nd fight of the card when heavyweights Jon Cudi and Kevin Khasm met to test out CCF debutante Khasm's abilities. Khasm took the fight down early and dominated the ground work with 39 strikes. A referee standup allowed Cudi to get a takedown of his own and land a single strike before Khasm went back to his domination and after a significant softening up of Cudi he latched onto a loose triangle and tightened it up effectively to force Cudi to tap at 4:44 of round 1.

The KO OF THE NIGHT came in the first fight of the night which set a tremendous pace and expection to the rest of the card in a light heavyweight bout between Boa Constrictor and Kabuko Nabakenya. Both men had mixed records coming into this fight and both are capable standup fighters but it was Constrictor who dominated the battle with his kickboxing as Nabakenya spent a lot of time swinging combinations at the air. Halfway through the 2nd round Constrictor knocked his opponent down with a big head kick and once his rocked opponent regained his feet he finished it off with a high kick encore that put Nabakenya's head halfway into next week.

There you have it boys and girls, CCF 59: Monteiro vs. Spanked all wrapped up nice like for you! I hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing you all again shortly at CCF 60!

Jorge Green interview

Ariel Helwani: Well hello fight fans I'm back with my good friend Jorge Green and Jorge how are you today

Jorge Green: I'm great, I am in the best shape I've ever been, my striking and grappling is improving by leaps and bounds and I am ready to fight

Ariel Helwani: Well Jorge for all your inquiring fans that are wondering, when is your next fight happening

Jorge Green: I wish I knew myself but I do know this it will be exciting

Ariel Helwani: Is there any particular fight you want

Jorge Green: Well I mean a rematch with Ji Le Li would be nice, or with Kido because I kind of felt I won our last fight and I want to take that loss back and even the score, but I think me and Frank Shank would have a pretty good fight as well

Ariel Helwani: One final question for you Jorge is the beef with you and Bill Cutty still going

Jorge Green: Actually no, me and my manager got a little worked up about me losing the last time we fought and you know we got a little carried away but I am letting this grudge go and moving forward with my career, Bill Cutty and Paul Smith I would like to issue a truce, me and James have nothing but love for you

Ariel Helwani: Well that's all the time I have thanks for the interview Jorge

Jorge Green: Any time, oh and if you want some tickets to CCF 61 hit me up later Ariel

Ariel Helwani: Thanks I will do that