Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer *spoiler*

dushira

This is easily the best MMA news I've heard about this week, I hate with a passion the awkward blob of man that is Tim Sylvia.

Anyone else starting to doubt the robot that is Fedor? Arlovski in 22 seconds by Rogers and Sylvia in 9 seconds by Mercer.

That's hilarious.

They say that Tim began the fight by throwing a kick and then Mercer countered with a overhand right that made Tim fall to the ground and then Mercer unloaded 2 other shots on a downed Tim.

Tim Sylvia has no honor. They were supposed to fight a boxing match and then at the last minute it was changed to mma rules. Instead of being a gentleman and agreeing to fighting a boxing match under mma rules (no kicks, elbows or ground, a bit like Lytle and Davis did) he goes in there and tries to kick an old man who never learned to kick in his life,

I'm so happy that this bum got KTFO.

We can't blame Fedor, when he fought Tim and Andrei, they were both highly ranked, it's not his fault that after he wrecks them they all begin to suck lol

This is easily the best MMA news I've heard about this week, I hate with a passion the awkward blob of man that is Tim Sylvia.

Anyone else starting to doubt the robot that is Fedor? Arlovski in 22 seconds by Rogers and Sylvia in 9 seconds by Mercer.

No... Fedor doesn't just beat you, he leaves you a broken shadow of your former self :P

Instead of being a gentleman and agreeing to fighting a boxing match under mma rules (no kicks, elbows or ground, a bit like Lytle and Davis did)

They did that but Sylvia seemingly forgot.

I am with sathias on this one. Sylvia looked like a sack of shit out there, it certainly didn't look like he was taking this fight seriously at all so I dont think you can go the whole "hey, Fedor needed 36 seconds while Ray only needed 9, lol Fedor is teh suxxorz", when Sylvia was better prepared for Fedor.

Haha...get real, doubt fedor? Not his fault the heavyweight division is so lackluster lately andhis previous opponents are coming in with dumb gameplans lately. However, he is wiling to fight barnett, not sure what else you can doubt if he wins that.

all i can say to this is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i guess Sylvia is done it goin :rolling: g to be real hard to bounce back from a loss like that :rolling:

Tim Sylvia is a joke now, so is AA. It brings question to Fedors stock, but the barnett fight will help if he wins.

Shows Roy Jones Jr could prob knock 99% of MMA fighter out then. He is a power house.

this fight shows and proves nothing other than that a big guy can knock another big guy out. its good to see that other big guy being Tim Sylvia though ...

this fight shows and proves nothing other than that a big guy can knock another big guy out. its good to see that other big guy being Tim Sylvia though ...

100% agree. Glad to see it bein Sylvia too, nothin against the guy I just haven't ever liked him since he appeared on an episode of blind date and was a total joke. He don't have the heart of a fighter since he's been off the juice lol

Oh, I forgot to mention... Andrei Arlovski is a freak of nature, he just needs to take a punch better. His chin is definitely questionable (he has been KO'd a lot, guess you can say proof) but Brett Rogers is a much bigger guy with a lot more weight behind his punches. Andrei would still dominate most HW's, in my opinion.

You know who I feel bad for in all of this? Paul Buentello. Now he doesn't know who is going to be fighting because big dumb Sylvia went and got his ass beat.

Well it's certainly a good indication that striking in MMA is still nothing compared to striking in boxing. I would really like to see a boxing match between Roy Jones and Anderson Silva. When an obviously over his prime Jones knocks Anderson out in less than 3 rounds all doubt is gone. Anderson is delusional. It looks like he has the God complex. I'm very curious on how the bookies would rate that fight.