Legacy MMA - Official Smack Talk Thread

Blitz81

• 2 weeks later...

Asmodeus Godraker at Legacy 4: Showdown. The LMMA Heavyweight Title is on the line. Not much else to say, I respect that dude has a good stand up game. I see he has some Muay Thai but it's nothing the other people I've fought didn't have as well. He's not bring nothing new to the table that I haven't trained with and dominated. I am going into this match and I'm walking out new Champion. Godraker can watch the replay when he wakes up...

• 4 weeks later...

After his stunning first round TKO of Jason Kash at Legacy 4, Asmodeus Godraker's ascension to the top of the Heavyweight Division in Legacy MMA was thwarted due to issues with his manager. Speaking for the first time today he had this to say -

"I can't comment right now on what happened with my former manager due to legal action. Let's just say it had to end, and I reached out to an old friend who now manages fighters from his Octagon Warriors Gym in Tokyo. He agreed to help me find a strong camp here in his old home town of Sydney and return me to the title position in Legacy MMA"

Asmodeus will soon join a new team in Sydney and return to training.

"Asmodeus was just the natural choice" said Legacy MMA president Crystal Rose in a recent meeting with the press in Sydney. "With Jason Kash going through some personal issues at the moment we needed a replacement ASAP, as luck would have it Asmodeus gave me a call and informed me of his desire to return to Legacy after changing management teams." When asked by the media representitives about giving Asmodeus a shot after he essentially left the company once before Crystal responded "Asmodeus was going through some problems that would have impacted his fight game and we were happy to give him his space to resolve those issues, Asmodeus in return vacated the Heavyweight Title so that the show could continue in his absence. Seeing as how he never lost the Title to begin with he was no dounbt going to end up with a shot at it sooner rather than later, with Kash's inability to make the fight Asmodeus was more than happy to step up on short notice and sign the deal." Crystal also made a closing statement "Godraker vs. Bonjasky will be a war with both men giving it their all to become the king pin of the Heavyweight division and it is a fight you won't want to miss."

Peter Stringer's manager recently took time to talk to the press about the lightweight's next opponent. "Spade represents Stringer's first real test in MMA. Peter has been training harder and with more intensity than I have ever seen him. Mostly though he is excited for a chance at the title." Stringer himself later commented, "This has been a goal of mine since I got into this sport. I am training with the sole purpose of winning this fight. As far as Spade goes I respect his game and I think which ever man comes out with the win that night is gonna be a very sore dude in the morning, and the loser will be in the hospital."

Peter Stringer took time to talk with reporters after his war with Johnny Spade saying "Johnny Spade is a tough dude, probably the toughest guy I have ever faced in my time in MMA. I want to thank my trainers at Sydney Ju-Jitsu Academy, my manager, Crystal Rose at Legacy, and most of all the fans. I love the way this belt feels and I want to hold on to it for a long time."

MMADaily.com recently caught up with Legacy Heavyweight Champion Ernesto Bonjasky during the Legacy 12: Primal Fury post fight press conference. Ernesto discusses his victory and future plans.

"I feel great. We had a good training camp at Beatdown Palace and knew that Hughes was a legit contender that shouldn't be taken lightly. I followed the gameplan and came out with the win. I have nothing but respect for Hughes and all of my opponents. I hope that their losses will only make them stronger. My contract recently expired with Legacy. I have received many offers from top organizations around the world. In the end, I felt it was important to show loyalty to the company and defend my title. I will defend my heavyweight belt until I lose. When the time is right, I will drop to light heavyweight. I hope to switch between classes and prove I am one of the top P4P fighters in the world. Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery."

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who didn't get to see the Carter Potter vs Gordon Hood fight.... the latest interview provided.

Coming up we have a heavyweight bout between Gordon Hood and Carter Potter. Potter has chosen

as his entrance music. Both fighters look fresh as a daisy as they make their way towards the cage.

Ladies and gentlemen. This fight is 3 rounds, in the heavyweight division.

Introducting the fighter to my left.

With a record of 3 wins, 0 losses and 0 draws, fighting out of Sydney, Gordon Hood!

And introducing the fighter to my right.

With a record of 4 wins, 1 losses and 0 draws, fighting out of Sydney, Carter Potter!

The judges for this bout are Bruno Hogan, Damien Edna and Eliza Hachem.

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Hood clinches.

Hood ties up his opponent against the cage and manages to drag the fight down to the ground. Hood no doubt will be looking to work submissions from his guard.

Hood escapes his hips to the side and looks to be working for an armbar. Potter gives him a little smile and shakes his head. No chance.

Potter controls the pace of the fight for a moment.

Potter postures up and lands a big shot to Hood's brow.

Both fighters really going for it on the ground here!

Hood keeping full guard, as Potter tries to pass.

Potter stands up and waves to Hood to follow him.

Potter connects with a lovely right hand, straight down the pipe.

Hood takes an uppercut right on the button but keeps his composure.

Potter scores with a big left there. The judges will like that one.

Hood shoots in looking for a takedown. Potter tries to sprawl out of it but Hood keeps driving through. The fighters are pinned against the cage. Potter manages to get underhooks and after a bit of a struggle, circles away and we're back to standing.

Hood shoots in for a takedown - he's clinched up with Potter but Potter pushes him off and we're back to square one.

Nice uppercut lands for Potter. That snapped Hood's head back.

Fantastic stuff here - a very entertaining period of action, which has drawn cheers from the crowd.

Potter scores with a jab to the body.

Potter cracks Hood with a right hand to the side of the head.

That's one minute gone in the round.

Potter scores with a sloppy right hand. Hood should have avoided that one.

Hood tries to close the distance and clinch but Potter swats him to one side with an open hand palm strike and circles away.

Nice cross by Potter.

Hood is rocked!

Hood wants to clinch.

Oh Hood is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Potter drops Hood with a straight left! Oh this is bad for Hood! Potter dives in and starts dropping bombs - the referee has no choice but to step in and save him!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:19 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Carter Potter! [Fight Rating 100%]

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/CarterPotterfullbody.jpg

interview with Carter Potter

OutbackMMA.com: This is Steeve Carwin from Outback MMA, watch this video at OutbackMMA.com. We're here introducing the 10th ranked heavyweight in the Outback, Carter Potter.

Carter Potter: G'day.

OutbackMMA.com: Gordon scored a takedown early but you looked really comfortable out there getting back to your feet, can you tell us how you felt going into that fight?

Carter Potter: Did a lotta spine bashing, so I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm no pollie, I'm always ready for a good brawl in the backyard.

OutbackMMA.com: Since your loss to Ernesto Bonjasky you're performance has been top notch, what have you been doing differently?

Carter Potter: Ay mate to be dinki-di with you, Ernesto just made me look full as a boot. Real sloppy. He dinged me early, I was a few sandwiches short of a picnic and in the shit from there. Chris Karter.. my manager, he really cut me up after that fight. I don't spit the dummy, I train hard mate and I just go for broke, now I'm on a good lurk.

OutbackMMA.com: You really are finishing your last 3 fights stunningly in the first round, do you look forward to a rematch?

Carter Potter: Does a roo bounce in the oz? Of course.

OutbackMMA.com: How will you be approaching your rematch with the dutch native?

Carter Potter: First off I love me the dutch. La Kiwi placed in the cannibus cup last year, grouse string over there. Need to clone your ol' cheese, seeds from Amsterdam do the trick.

OutbackMMA.com: Interesting, avoiding the question and skipping the subject?

Carter Potter: Hahaha on ya mate. Nah I look forward to fighting for the title. I train hard, gonna play with the roo's til I'm used to gettin' kicked in the kisser.

OutbackMMA.com: Being a five round fight this time does it change your game plan any?

Carter Potter: Really hate to burst your bubble but it's not going down the road. If I wanted to be a wombat and lay on him for 5 rounds but that's not the game plan. I'm no squid I wanna stand and bang - I'd like to get em back y'know, go in there give em a few good shots to the noggin'. I owe him a couple haha. But once the bell rings it's an open slather in there, if he's on the ground I'll try to lay the hammer or take a limb off and keep it as a souvenior.

OutbackMMA.com: Ah so you wanna knock him out or submit him....

Carter Potter: All in good nature though, I'm not tryin' to earbash. Y'know if I don't I'll be on the wrong end of another good walloping.

OutbackMMA.com: How long do you think we'll be waiting before we see Potter vs Bonjasky 2?

Carter Potter: Not my call mate you'll have to ask Crystal Rose. I told my bluey manager to request a fight for tonights card, wanted to get another scrap in before a rematch. I'm in no rush so I'm ready whenever he is. It's nothin' personal - just business. I think that goes both ways. I could go a meal or a drink with the guy, I'd give him a shout at the pub y'know buy a few rounds of schooners. He's from Amsterdam, burn some ganja..

OutbackMMA.com: I get it, I think we all get it. Time to wrap it up, any sponsors you would like to mention?

Carter Potter: Bushido clothing, Syndicate Drugs, the whole crowd at Convicted Inc.

OutbackMMA.com: Carter I appreciate your time and as always it's been a pleasure.

Carter Potter: Hooroo mate, hooroo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
remember carter potter gets his clothes from Convicted!!!

Hell yes he does. Believe eventually sometime there will be an interview regarding Potter vs Bonjasky II. Gonna be hard though, I think the one before is one of the all time best interviews ever. Surprised it didn't get any recognition lol just kiddin. For now, Carter says your welcome to the org for putting on such an entertaining fight and he's proud to wear that heavyweight belt and he's very glad to be here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My manager's name is Bahnard and I manage Bahnie Mac, among others within this organisation.

I am just posting this to let you know that I have been stripped of my title as was outlined by Cathy Reuter in her weekly newsletter. I still have 5 fights left in my contract and intended to fight them all as champion. I had been approached by the Syndicate to join them when my contract had expired and I was unsure of which way I would go with this, but having had my title stripped I now have had my choice made up for me and will be leaving as soon as I can. I have to say that by making this decision, Cathy Reuter has now lost one of the top fighters in this org, and will lose my other fighters aswell, I assume that the other title holders who were stripped will also be leaving, so by making this decision so as not to avoid a hype hit, the organisation will lose some of it's top fighters. I cannot imagine any organisation cleaning out it's top fighters for any reason, but I just wanted to have a little vent about it and to let you all know that I have had a great time in the organisation, but this strange decision has soured my view of the organisation.

Best of luck to all of you in the future.

Bahnard.

• 3 weeks later...

My guy starts his Combat Pro campaign on the 6th of December:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=35822 (my fighter)

vs

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=12881 (dangerous opponent)

It won't take a rocket scientist to say that i'm disadvantaged. There's a good chance my guy will be beaten down. BUT, i have never backed out of a fight, ever in this game! I'm not going down that road now. Don't think it's in the bag Chuck, you still have to get your energy and sliders right, something i intend to do perfectly. He's the better fighter, but i won't go quietly. And if i lose, fine, he was the better fighter anyway.

OTT.

In Soviet Russia, Punch throws You!

Lucky this ain't Soviet Russia :P http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=73572

Positives: big win over a formidable opponent. Very good at fending off the TD's...

Minuses: still no knockout despite pummling 2 opponents now.

When can you expect to see Boot Head again?

Probably not until next year. Still training him up, see.

Gianfranco Pagliera makes his debut on 12/12. "The Bully" is set to square off against another untested opponent, in Randy Jones. Pagliera is a Muay Thai striker with a blue belt in BJJ, while Jones is quality boxer/wrestler. Whether the fight remains standing, or goes to the ground, there will surely be a lot of action for the fans in attendance.

Pagliera has confidence in all aspects of his game and recently garnered a sponsorship with The Red Eye, a supplement company out of St. Petersburg. Pagliera remarked, "I am grateful for Combat Pro Legacy and The Red Eye for their support and allowing me to showcase my talent. I am a dedicated fighter who will surely make some noise in my division. I had to shed some pounds to make the cut, but I feel stronger than ever."

Pagliera's manager, Michael Mazzafro, is new to the MMA scene, but has already established his eye for talent. Under his management, his fighters have accrued a record of 5-0-0. Though Mazzafro's offices are in Las Vegas, NV, he will be cageside at Hyashi's Lounge for Legacy 38.

On his flight back to Las Vegas, Gianfranco Pagliera's manager, Michael Mazzafro, updated his blog and was somewhat critical of his fighter's work ethic.

I'm not thoroughly disappointed in the result, but Gianfranco needs to adhere to his team's gameplan. Gianfranco told me that he thought his opponent looked a little sluggish and wanted to take the game to the ground. Our plan was to stand and counter, focus on taking his power away and then take the game to the ground. Keep the pace up, popping some high percentage shots and avoiding his opponent's big hits. If he would have stuck by this, the victory would have been his. Perhaps he was over-confident, perhaps he was just outmatched. In any case, Gianfranco now is looking at a 0-1-0 record and is far from establishing his presence in the sport.

I still have faith in "The Bully" and, hopefully, this fight has opened his eyes. One thing is certain, if he didn't learn from this fight, he will never be a top notch fighter. I am more than willing to work with his team and try and turn his career around. One thing is certain, if he isn't ready to make that commitment, he has no place in the sport and, when his contract is through, he will be more than welcome to pursue other opportunities. The ball's in his court, time to nut up or shut up.

Some tough words, but something for Pagliera to contemplate. His looked under-prepared in his debut against Randy Jones in Legacy 38, and if what Mazzafro said is correct, needs to shore up his fight discipline before his next bout. Surely, this isn't what The Red Eye was signing up for when they sponsored the promising young fighter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Ramirez swats away the attempt to clinch by Matsuda.

Lemmy Ramirez seems to be the more aggressive standup fighter in this bout.

Ramirez tries a switch kick but it misses it's target.

Ramirez ducks down and throws a hook to the body but Matsuda moves away.

Ramirez wants to clinch but Matsuda slips to the side

and Matsuda counters by moving into the clinch.

Matsuda tries a knee to the head but he's missed.

Matsuda missing with knees to the body.

Ramirez is trying to break the clinch but Matsuda has him pressed against the cage.

Matsuda breaks the clinch.

Ramirez wants to clinch.

Ramirez misses with a series of wild punches.

We've had a slow start to the round here - hopefully the action picks up.

Ramirez works over Matsuda's head and body with a nice combination.

It looks like Koji Matsuda has been cut.

Matsuda misses with a half-hearted attempt at a head kick.

That's one minute gone in the round.

Matsuda on the wrong end of a nice jab.

Matsuda looks to clinch

and Ramirez counters with a head kick that crumples his opponent - he's in a world of trouble! Ramirez looks at the referee who does nothing so Ramirez lands a crushing right that sends Matsuda to the floor! This time the ref steps in to end the fight.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:13 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Lemmy Ramirez!

Lemmy: Wow...ahh i want to thank all my peeps at beatdown palace! You guys are the best and Fedor Silva...The Psycho Killer is coming for ya!

Himura kenshin had this to say about his 21 second KO win over Joshua brown on the 24th, "He simply isn't on my level in striking, Much respect to him but he is simply to one dimensional and it hasn't helped him, he has lost three times in a row in his strength. I'd like a real challenge, someone 2 - 0 or 3 - 0, I feel like I am ready for a big step up in competition, or they will end up like Joshua."