Evans vs Machida. Who you got?

MMATycoon

I have Machida taking it, probably via late TKO, but he's my favorite fighter so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Rashad is probably the most difficult LHW Machida could face stylistically. Machida relies a lot upon his speed, and Rashad has nearly the speed to match him, as well as a great coach in Jackson that might be able to bring together a gameplan that can break down Lyoto. I think a big factor will be that Rashad may not be willing to chase Machida like everyone else has, and risk being countered.

The flipside is, if you stay on the outside and wait for Machida, he'll batter you with inside leg kicks, and feints to open up the straight left. It's really pick your poison, but that's how I envision the matchup happening. Should be a very technical battle, probably with Rashad and Machida circling and feinting in the early rounds. I think Machida will edge out those early rounds and force Rashad into pressing the action or risk dropping more rounds than he can afford--and when that happens...lights out.

Finally somebody that seems to like Machida as me :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Machida can be elusive and Evans won't know what to do. I kind of hope Rashad wins so Rampage can beat his butt, but I think Machida wins by decision.

Machida will do that for him.....and then kick Rampages butt too

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be interesting to see the plan that Greg Jackson comes up with. It's doubtful that Rashad's wrestling will beat Machida and his striking isn't on par with Lyoto. I see Machida taking the belt in a stoppage win.

The odds may be stacked against Rashad in this one, but if he pulls off the win he'll put himself right in the middle of the P4P discussion.

Most definitely but that is a big IF. I'll have to go with Machida on this one