Waldorf Astoria Calls Out Lucas Lunar

I'm confident in the Blitz guys to make this happen.

But like I said, if for whatever reason they can't accomodate it in mid-May, the CFC does need a main event for it's May 14th card - a date that appears to fit for both managers.

We are just ironing out some minor details. I will say, I want this fight real bad...I'd like Lunar to be #1, or close to it (actually my goal this year is five top ten p4p fighters at the same time) so this would go a long ways towards that.

The one stipulation, is that should I win, Lunar would have a chance to avenge his loss to Alpha Male...which would take place in Montreal.

My only stipulation is that I would like to see Alpha Male take a fight in the meantime...as by showtime he wouldn't even be a top 100 p4p fighter...let alone the fact that he's 2-2 in his last four bouts and we'd be giving him a shot at a probable top 3 p4p fighter. I also just don't like the idea of someone sitting on the back burner training up for a potential matchup while the other guys are throwing down.

I'm sure Koos will be accommodating though...considering the stakes.

We are just ironing out some minor details. I will say, I want this fight real bad...I'd like Lunar to be #1, or close to it (actually my goal this year is five top ten p4p fighters at the same time) so this would go a long ways towards that.

The one stipulation, is that should I win, Lunar would have a chance to avenge his loss to Alpha Male...which would take place in Montreal.

My only stipulation is that I would like to see Alpha Male take a fight in the meantime...as by showtime he wouldn't even be a top 100 p4p fighter...let alone the fact that he's 2-2 in his last four bouts and we'd be giving him a shot at a probable top 3 p4p fighter. I also just don't like the idea of someone sitting on the back burner training up for a potential matchup while the other guys are throwing down.

I'm sure Koos will be accommodating though...considering the stakes.

Of course I'd be happy to face Lunar again with Alpha.

I'm not willing to eat up 2-3 weeks traveling and fighting in HI just because you don't want Alpha to have an extra week or two of training. Lunar was created well before Male so he allready has the significant advantage in training time.

I've been trying every which way possible to get a fight with Kane for several of my fighters for quite some time now with ZERO demands attached and you still you keep avoiding the matches. Seems like too many demands for someone asking for a rematch. Gaurantee me a fight with Zeppelin against Kane if Kane wins his next fight and I'll take the interim fight with Alpha while waitng for Lunar.

It's more than just training time...like I said, you wouldn't have an acceptable ranking.

As far as Kane--I know you've been trying to get a bout with him...but you've got to earn it. All the guys I'm fighting are ranked above you, and I've already beaten Zeppelin previously with another fighter, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to fight him again. I'll be fighting Urho "FinnFury" Itaniemi with Kane next, who again will be ranked ahead of you.

I think we'll just do Lunar vs Astoria then, and Alpha Male can take a vacation...maybe go grab himself a pepsi.

CFC has made Lunar available to Blitz to have Lunar/Astoria IV happen.

If Koos doesn't want to eat up time traveling to fight in Hilo, perhaps the obvious solution is simply to take a high-profile fight in wherever Male's base city is...? That way he potentially gets the quality rank needed to earn the fight while not incurring the same energy challenges getting to and from a fight.

Either way, CFC isn't going to stand in the way of Lunar/Astoria.

As I understand it, the winner of the Meighen/Hulohot fight has been promised a title shot. What I'd like to do is fight Lunar on the weekend of the 7th or 14th, and defend the Blitzkrieg title on the 28th or the 4th. That way, the Meighen/Hulo winner isn't kept waiting and I don't risk screwing up the Lunar fight by coming in with a loss.

As for what lost said, is there a real-life equivalent of this fight? It's like if Dennis Hallman went on to be the top welterweight in Pride while Matt Hughes was UFC champion.

And as I see it, each fight stands on its own. This isn't a best of seven series. After each time Lunar beat Astoria, he could claim to be the better fighter. If Astoria wins this fight, he's the better fighter.

As Meighen's manager, I can say that this seems reasonable to me. If Meighen wins the number one contender fight, I won't get in the way of any of these mega-fights.

I'm amused by this thread, and I've waited to comment until I had something substantial to post. Let's give a quick rundown of the situation.

As I see it, there are three fighters in this game who can claim to be the Top 170 (and, arguably, top P4P) fighter in the game:

Waldorf Astoria - Can beat any 170 in the game except Lucas Lunar

Lucas Lunar - Can beat any 170 in the game except Alpha Male

Alpha Male - Can beat any 170 in the game except Waldorf Astoria

To me, before any of them has the right to call themselves the best of the best, they have to prove they can beat the other two.

So, with that said, when Mogul came to me and told me that he wanted a shot at Lunar again, I was eagerly enthused by his desire to be the best. However, anyone who knows me and Blitz knows that I am strongly against setting up SuperFights with our champions when there are deserving contenders inside of Blitz (and the Meighen/Hulo winner this weekend is next in line and could very well be the #2 WW in the World). My feeling has always been that Blitz has the strongest competition in MMATycoon, and a fighter who reaches #3 WC fighting in Blitz is more deserving of a shot than a fighter ranked #2 WC who fights outside of Blitz. So after several days of healthy debate, and the knowledge that the Meighen/Hulo winner will still get their shot at Astoria on the May 27/28th weekend, I am proud to announce that an agreement has been reached in principle.

Thanks to the help of CFC and Luke Daigle, Blitzkrieg is proud to announce that on Saturday, May 14th, from the beautiful islands of Hawaii, Blitz 156 takes place with a Main Event featuring #1 P4P Blitzkrieg WW Champion Waldorf Astoria versus his arch-nemesis, CFC WW Champion, Lucas Lunar:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=24639&fidb=16749

I'll be fighting Urho "FinnFury" Itaniemi with Kane next,

I have a fighter named Ming Xin who says that your plans on fighting Itaniemi might change after he lays the smack down on Urho this weekend.

It's more than just training time...like I said, you wouldn't have an acceptable ranking.

As far as Kane--I know you've been trying to get a bout with him...but you've got to earn it. All the guys I'm fighting are ranked above you, and I've already beaten Zeppelin previously with another fighter, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to fight him again. I'll be fighting Urho "FinnFury" Itaniemi with Kane next, who again will be ranked ahead of you.

I think we'll just do Lunar vs Astoria then, and Alpha Male can take a vacation...maybe go grab himself a pepsi.

Alpha Male was ranked #2 p4p when I was calling out Kane so I guess I don't know what kind of ranking you're looking for and Led was ranked #5 when I was calling out Kane. Again, I guess I don't know what more you want. I would be more than willing to do a winner takes all fight with Led vs Kane if that interests you. The main reason I signed Led with Syn was a shot at Kane was on the table. I know you have faced your fair share of top competition but from my perspective you seem to want nothing to do with a Kane vs Led or Alpha fight rankings or not.

Too bad Farson won't be one of the fighters ;)

My feeling has always been that Blitz has the strongest competition in MMATycoon, and a fighter who reaches #3 WC fighting in Blitz is more deserving of a shot than a fighter ranked #2 WC who fights outside of Blitz.

you sound like Dana White right there Matty, well done.

:notworthy:

Anyone who wants to make a poster or do a preview of this event is more than welcome. Shiv pays well! :P

what event, I will write those previews, I just don't have much time right now. when is it?

Alpha Male was ranked #2 p4p when I was calling out Kane so I guess I don't know what kind of ranking you're looking for and Led was ranked #5 when I was calling out Kane. Again, I guess I don't know what more you want. I would be more than willing to do a winner takes all fight with Led vs Kane if that interests you. The main reason I signed Led with Syn was a shot at Kane was on the table. I know you have faced your fair share of top competition but from my perspective you seem to want nothing to do with a Kane vs Led or Alpha fight rankings or not.

Shouldn't Led call out Jonas Justice before he jumps to Jigoro Kane?

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't Led call out Jonas Justice before he jumps to Jigoro Kane?

Led is ranked top 10 p4p and Jonas is ranked 89 and you think it makes more sense to call out Jonas?

I have allready stated I would love a rematch with Jonas as soon as his ranking makes the fight make sense.

Luke used rankings to defend not facing my guys. I proved that was a poor excuse and you take a stab at me. Wow