Hype Earner

I am little new to this game so if its a bad idea don't flame me to bad, but here goes. When I was watching UFC 130 I was thinking about how Stann gained hype due to a non fight situation, him being a soldier in the US military. I though this would be kind of cool to impliment to MMA Tycoon as a random event or maybe each VIP gets one fighter who has a backstory that earns him hype. Also I think it would be cool if events that took place on certain dates had extra hype like a New Years Day event or a 4th of July event. This way orgs would have to book these events far in advance and could super events like Dream does on New Years. Let me know what you guys thanks for reading.

I like the holidays thing. Like give orgs a boost in ratings if they do a good card on popular holidays.

Yeah like that and the org hype would increase more if the event does well

Easy +1.

The idea of placing an event on a day when people are more likely to watch it is an incredible idea.

To comment on a non event hype increase (for the fighter), there could be computer run events like autograph signings where fighters would have to schedule that day in order to recieve the extra hype. Weigh ins and interviews should add to it as well but that might be a lot to implement.

The game needs a money sink, let fighters purchase self promotion in some way. This would create some form of new business for managers, and also help fighters pump up hype to earn better contracts.

• Upvote 1

Because I'm a stickler for semantics (at least in this case :P)...

Fighter hype should never be affected by anything other than winning and losing of fights. Hype is your P4P rank - this is what this entire game is based on practically and we should in no way fabricate it or alter it any way outside of the ring/cage.

Fighter pop, on the other hand, is really what I think the OP is calling for, and we already have the ability for fighters to select the 'popular' hidden. For example, a Brian Stann-type fighter would select 'popular' as one of his three hiddens.

As for holiday events, I've often thought it'd be cool, but it has always seemed like something that would never be agreed on. Like, what days get the boost? NYE? What else? Super Bowl weekend? July 4th weekend? Is that only in certain cities, or all cities? Seems like if you do it realistically, you create 2 days a year where orgs in certain cities have advantages over other orgs, and if you don't do it realistically, its creating a situation where every org gets a bump on certain weekends.

Seems like a great idea in theory, but lots of questions to decide if its really worth it.

• Upvote 2

Because I'm a stickler for semantics (at least in this case :P)...

Fighter hype should never be affected by anything other than winning and losing of fights. Hype is your P4P rank - this is what this entire game is based on practically and we should in no way fabricate it or alter it any way outside of the ring/cage.

Fighter pop, on the other hand, is really what I think the OP is calling for, and we already have the ability for fighters to select the 'popular' hidden. For example, a Brian Stann-type fighter would select 'popular' as one of his three hiddens.

As for holiday events, I've often thought it'd be cool, but it has always seemed like something that would never be agreed on. Like, what days get the boost? NYE? What else? Super Bowl weekend? July 4th weekend? Is that only in certain cities, or all cities? Seems like if you do it realistically, you create 2 days a year where orgs in certain cities have advantages over other orgs, and if you don't do it realistically, its creating a situation where every org gets a bump on certain weekends.

Seems like a great idea in theory, but lots of questions to decide if its really worth it.

It would have to only be relevant to the cities your event is in I think. NYE I would imagine is a big event everywhere, but Super Bowl weekends and July 4th go completely unnoticed in many countries.

I would perhaps do it for having an event on any national holiday in that particular country.

I do like the idea though as well, like you say it just may well be a lot of work and grey areas.

• Upvote 1

I did give NYE a boost in the first year of the game but then everyone ran events on it and I got scared the site would crash, which spoiled my new year :P

Well if it's a server issue I certainly wouldn't say it's a must needed improvement. But if things have changed and it can handle it then it sounds like it could be workable and a good idea to me for certain days.

What were you doing trying to celebrate NYE anyway? Who said you could have a day off!!!

I did give NYE a boost in the first year of the game but then everyone ran events on it and I got scared the site would crash, which spoiled my new year :P

Unless you went to the bus stop (great club in Leeds, if its still open) then your new year would be spoiled anyway as I never found a nice bar over there lmfao :P