A Legitimate New Hidden Attrtibute...

TK

I don't know eactly what "changes" are coming, but there's been some talk about the introduction of skill decay.

If there is some kind of decay, how about we have that as a hidden attribute?

The rate at which fighters gain skills is determined by the learning speed hidden, so surely it'd make sense to have the rate at which they lose skills controlled by a "decay speed" hidden attribute?

• Upvote 1

Would make sense, but I'd like to see length of decay hidden counteracting the learning speed hidden

As in Couture isn't a fast learner but kept his skills well into middle age, similarly with Henderson, yet the likes of Cro Cop and Liddell have suffered decay due to age badly as time has gone on but reached their peak early on in their career

In my opinion, 2 hiddens for the most err...detailed simulation. One will be, age of decay, which if it is high, then the fighter will only decay when he is very old. Example: a fighter with 75 starts his decay at 32, a fighter with 100 starts his decay at 33. Another one will be decay speed, the lower this stat, the higher your stat drops and it increases with your age as soon as you start decaying.

I think it should consider more than just age, but the number of fights that the fighter has been in and how hard they train. In real life, what often wears down fighter like Lidell and Big Nog is that they've been fighting consistently for over a decade, not just that they're in their thirties. Forty or so fight camps in preparation for that many fights is what wears down their physical capabilities, especially when the fights are close together.

In contrast, somebody like Couture could fight well into his forties because he started when he was thirty-four. He didn't have the wear and tear of previous fights to bog him down, and thus was in his prime for longer.

I think it should consider more than just age, but the number of fights that the fighter has been in and how hard they train. In real life, what often wears down fighter like Lidell and Big Nog is that they've been fighting consistently for over a decade, not just that they're in their thirties. Forty or so fight camps in preparation for that many fights is what wears down their physical capabilities, especially when the fights are close together.

In contrast, somebody like Couture could fight well into his forties because he started when he was thirty-four. He didn't have the wear and tear of previous fights to bog him down, and thus was in his prime for longer.

Too bad this is a double-edged sword in this game. It will promote people to train and train and train and trai.................Zzzzz.......Oh sorry, train and not fight until they are quadraple elite. Why fight when your clocks start ticking, right? I am going to get all stat to elite and then I will start to pawn the shit out of everybody from 2011 to 2020.

In this game, the age forced "projects" to emerge. So, the manager will have to decide, should I release this beast on 25? Or should I unleash him at 23 so I can do more with him albeit his skill is not as elite as it will be at 25?

Maybe skill decay could be tied to the injury proneness hidden. Instead of adding a whole new hidden, having skill decay tied to the injury hidden would have the benefit of actually making that hidden skill have a serious impact on the game (without having to make more sweeping changes to the relationship between training and injuries). It would also have the benefit of not having to give every already created fighter a randomly determined new hidden attribute. It seems like this may be a slightly easier solution, what do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

Injuries would have to change, then. I saw a man get 108 elbows to the head and 4 days injuries. A guy that was not hit even ONCE and ko'd his opponent with 20 strikes get 15 days injury...

Maybe skill decay could be tied to the injury proneness hidden. Instead of adding a whole new hidden, having skill decay tied to the injury hidden would have the benefit of actually making that hidden skill have a serious impact on the game (without having to make more sweeping changes to the relationship between training and injuries). It would also have the benefit of not having to give every already created fighter a randomly determined new hidden attribute. It seems like this may be a slightly easier solution, what do you guys think?

Nice thought, now that will bring(and I mean, finally) some value to injury proneness hidden, which is basically useless until now.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of adding it to the injury (and maybe also cut) hidden as well as possibly a new one for speed of decay. If Doctors came into the game then (user or game controlled) it would also, added with skill decay, bring some meaning to those hiddens.

If your amount of time injured and/or cut adds to the speed of your skill decay when the time comes then paying to go to the Doc's to recover from your cut/injury quicker would mean you get to keep the skills for longer and provide something else to think about after the fight other then when can I get my energy up to train again.

I don't know eactly what "changes" are coming, but there's been some talk about the introduction of skill decay.

If there is some kind of decay, how about we have that as a hidden attribute?

The rate at which fighters gain skills is determined by the learning speed hidden, so surely it'd make sense to have the rate at which they lose skills controlled by a "decay speed" hidden attribute?

At my age I've seen a good deal of 'skill decay'! To keep the game as realistic as possible I would agree with your idea.

Injuries would have to change, then. I saw a man get 108 elbows to the head and 4 days injuries. A guy that was not hit even ONCE and ko'd his opponent with 20 strikes get 15 days injury...
What's your point?

Some fighters are more fragile than others.