Skill Maintenance

Green bar gets shorter the better you are in a skill and the better you are over all (if you have more than 83% of available points in physicals for example that bar will be insanely short). Orange bar grows each day you don't properly train something. If orange becomes longer than green it turns red and you start losing skills.

Green bar gets shorter the better you are in a skill and the better you are over all (if you have more than 83% of available points in physicals for example that bar will be insanely short). Orange bar grows each day you don't properly train something. If orange becomes longer than green it turns red and you start losing skills.

thanks, but then why do my elite guys have relatively longer green bars?

example, this guy has elite Muay Thai but green bar is not short.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5071/skillru.jpg

• Downvote 2

It not only matters the skill level of your fighter but how talented is your fighter in the skill. Remember the settings for natural talent.

Anyway it looks as skill manteinance will be a hell. In this very first days i have noticed every skill over 100 points tends to go orange-red very fast so if you have a well rounded fighter (i`m not talking about monsters but just decent fighters) you`ll be expending a lot of time in the gym only doing maintenance. I think get pops will be a hell.

Mike, may you consider to decrease the speed for the orange bar? I think after 100 points of skill the bar tends to go red very fast. Is not happy to expend half a week in maintenance.

Dave, the point is not that you want to maintain absolutely everything. Let something drop a little bit and it will be much, much easier to maintain what you do want to keep.

I understand that maintenance is a harder concept for people to deal with who have really good fighters, as it means losing a few skills in order to get to where you're meant to be (a nice fighter build where they have some talents they are really good at, then some others that they aren't so good at).... it's a lot easier to have a lower skilled fighter and to increase his skills into that sort of build.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a question.

When a fighter does reach the red, does that mean his skill has already dropped or that it will drop the next session?

It will start to drop when you reach red.

I think we will get used to it... Its a change and changes are frightening. But it was good time when the fighters just sucked up all they learned and never forgot it. Not all that realistic, but it was safe....