RIP Chris Benoit

i know him and wrestling may have died a long time ago but i will never forget one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

Christopher Michael "Chris" Benoit (French pronunciation: [bəˈnwɑ]) (May 21, 1967 – June 24, 2007) was a Canadian professional wrestler whose career and life ended in a murder–suicide. Benoit was a multi-time world champion who held a total of thirty-two championships during his professional wrestling career, and worked for such major promotions as Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

Benoit is recognized by WWE as a record-tying five-time WCW/WWE United States Champion, having held the championship twice in WCW, and three times in WWE; and a two-time world champion: a one-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion and one-time World Heavyweight Champion (tied for third longest reign in history), with both reigns represented by the Big Gold Belt. Benoit is one of three men to have held the Big Gold Belt in both WCW and WWE, alongside Bill Goldberg and Booker T.

In addition to championships, Benoit also won the 2004 Royal Rumble match, joining Shawn Michaels as one of two men to win the match as the number one entrant. Described by WWE as "a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability", Benoit was widely regarded as one of the most popular, respected, and gifted technical wrestlers in history.

Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son on June 22, 2007 and subsequently hanged himself on June 24, 2007. Since Benoit committed suicide, numerous explanations for his actions have been proposed, including concussions, steroid abuse, and a failing marriage. Benoit last performed for WWE on their ECW brand. Paul Heyman, head of the original ECW promotion, intended to book Benoit to win the ECW World Heavyweight Championship in 1995 but did not renew his United States Work Visa in time; twelve years later, Benoit was booked by WWE to win the title in one of three world championship matches at pay-per-view event Vengeance: Night of Champions, which again did not come to fruition due to his death that night.

The number of accusations thrown at the WWE regarding how they handled the incident is sickening. No one can imagine how complex a situation it was. And while I also believe that Vince has done his best and done what he truly believes is right for himself and the company, the idea of erasing a man certainly can't be easy and doesn't feel right.

As Chris Jericho puts it: "You can't tell the story of professional wrestling without Chris Benoit."

I don't often speak ill of the dead, especially those who I was a huge fan of prior, but the fact he killed his son means he doesn't deserve to rest in peace for me

Killing is one thing, but no excuse, reason or opinion can justify killing a child. Especially not your own

Won't be re visiting the thread so if anyone wants to have a whinge at me for my opinion then you'll have to pm me Lmao

• Upvote 1

I don't often speak ill of the dead, especially those who I was a huge fan of prior, but the fact he killed his son means he doesn't deserve to rest in peace for me

Killing is one thing, but no excuse, reason or opinion can justify killing a child. Especially not your own

Won't be re visiting the thread so if anyone wants to have a whinge at me for my opinion then you'll have to pm me Lmao

the docters said it was worse then three retired football players with three grade 2 plus concussions combined.

he was given bad drugs and had major brain damage to the point were he could have died off a minor concussion.

the docters said it was worse then three retired football players with three grade 2 plus concussions combined.

he was given bad drugs and had major brain damage to the point were he could have died off a minor concussion.

And he murdered his family. Regardless of your thoughts on the guy, you probably shouldn't have made this topic with how opinions are on this. You aren't going to change any and you likely -are- going to get a lot of conflicting ones.

And he murdered his family. Regardless of your thoughts on the guy, you probably shouldn't have made this topic with how opinions are on this. You aren't going to change any and you likely -are- going to get a lot of conflicting ones.

ok lets see you have one of the worst cases of brain damage in north amaerican history and take some baldy prescribed drugs combined with having to take percasets after every match combined combined with bad seriods combined with being 40 years old and see if you dont go crazy.

i posted this cause i personal belive benoit is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and he should be able to rest in peice and i dont care how "sick" people think he is or how much we should forget him.

• Upvote 1

HE.

MURDURED.

HIS.

FAMILY.

He could have CHOSEN to not do steroids, CHOSEN not to abuse pain pills, and CHOSEN to retire before he was in such condition, and it's Percocet. I'm just telling you to stop trying to change people's minds on such a delicate issue, especially when this is something people have such varying opinions on.

Or are you going to try to tell us that the fucking Illuminati had him killed next? I never said he wasn't a great wrestler, and in fact, I enjoyed his work. Be pretty nice to not have someone bringing this shit up every time they mention him, though. Be nicer if kids like you would stop trying to make excuses for a fucking adult's poor decisions.

• Upvote 1

HE.

MURDURED.

HIS.

FAMILY.

He could have CHOSEN to not do steroids, CHOSEN not to abuse pain pills, and CHOSEN to retire before he was in such condition, and it's Percocet. I'm just telling you to stop trying to change people's minds on such a delicate issue, especially when this is something people have such varying opinions on.

Or are you going to try to tell us that the fucking Illuminati had him killed next? I never said he wasn't a great wrestler, and in fact, I enjoyed his work. Be pretty nice to not have someone bringing this shit up every time they mention him, though. Be nicer if kids like you would stop trying to make excuses for a fucking adult's poor decisions.

ok one that font was awesome tell me how to do it to fine lets just agree to disagree cause in my opinion he was a great man and i think he deserves to be inducted into the HOF and the story should be told for what it really is but hey every body has there own opinions.

in my opinion he was a great man

And I bet that Casey Anthony is a great woman in your opinion, but your opinion does not change the fact that he KILLED HIS KID AND WIFE.

Chris Benoit was a fantastic professional wrestler who put his body on the line night after night to entertain the fans. I saw him live on one occasion and when I watched WWE and WCW he was always one of my favorites. I am grateful for the times he entertained me as a fan.

He also murdered his family. You can't excuse that. If I go on a killing spree one night, regardless of the concussions or bad drugs I was given, I don't expect to be forgiven or really expect people to hope I rest in peace. I deserve whatever I get.

WWE is doing what they need to do to. You can't induct a murderer into the HOF(this isn't the NFL we're talking about).

Everyone....Just settle down and relax. Heaven is Smackdown and Hell is Raw. Randy Savage was called into action earier so he can deal with the "Hell In A Cell" match vs. Chris Benoit. He'll be bringing the HELLBOWS off the top of the cage. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247707_560629287893_64202128_31819780_1440188_n.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/203595_175353719190807_7331904_n.jpg

Chris Benoit is currently Rotting in Purgatory.

Is that in the UK, just outside Birmingham off the M6 motorway? :P

I agree, that man is being violated with pineapples 4 times a day in between the screaming demons going to work with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch...

Lots of stupid fucks who don't know how badly repeated concussions screw with people ITT; those things are worse than pretty much any mental illness.

Stupid fucks? I think we all know it can be worse than a mental illness, but there is NO excuse in the world for killing your own child and it shouldn't be forgiven. Don't care if its drugs, drink, injury, brain trauma or massive mental illness. Killing a child is killing a child and an unforgivable act whether there is a reason or not

I'm sorry but just because he was good at wrestling doesn't make up for what he did.

I feel sorry for his family, both the deceased and living, and the friends and fans who supported him all those years, the wrestlers who worked with him every day, but for Chris? No, I just can't.

The concussions, maybe the drugs or a combination of the two may explain his actions, but it certainly doesn't excuse them.

You can glorify his career all you like, there is no doubt he was a great wrestler, but he hurt the business more in one day than he did to help it in the 20+ years he performed.