Fighter Maintenance

Driven

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to Mike in the thread about training changes, that it's just too tedious to maintain all these guys. I personally have had 0 decreases since this started, but it's because I go over my guys daily to make sure it doesn't happen. Most people don't do this and I myself would rather not.

• Upvote 1

It IS a chore. I used to enjoy training. But now all I do is spend my team making sure my guys aren't in the red! I thought this was a game about fighting? It has been turned into a game about training.

But if you fight every 2 weeks or so then your skills will barely be touched even without training. Drop of 0.25 points per session that you're in the red means its barely moving. Now the game is MORE about fighting as before you could just train for as long as you wanted

But if you fight every 2 weeks or so then your skills will barely be touched even without training. Drop of 0.25 points per session that you're in the red means its barely moving. Now the game is MORE about fighting as before you could just train for as long as you wanted

Im thinking of sacking all my fighters and just being a org owner instead of a fighter manager.

It IS a chore. I used to enjoy training. But now all I do is spend my team making sure my guys aren't in the red! I thought this was a game about fighting? It has been turned into a game about training.

I fail to see how mindlessly raising one stat at a time was any fun.

• Upvote 1

It's the "set and forget" training method, I never really did it that way because most of my fighters were in public gyms so you really did have to check it every day, in those places dirty little fucks were always session hopping!

I fail to see how mindlessly raising one stat at a time was any fun.

Nobody said it was fun, but it also wasn't tedious. One member of my alliance will probably leave over this change, and two others have said they now wish they had fewer fighters to manage. I enjoy the game, but the micromanagement necessary to stay competitive isn't fun for me. In the long term, I see myself going the routes of my alliance mates. Less fighters or just leaving.

Nobody said it was fun, but it also wasn't tedious. One member of my alliance will probably leave over this change, and two others have said they now wish they had fewer fighters to manage. I enjoy the game, but the micromanagement necessary to stay competitive isn't fun for me. In the long term, I see myself going the routes of my alliance mates. Less fighters or just leaving.

He said he used to "enjoy" it.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to Mike in the thread about training changes, that it's just too tedious to maintain all these guys. I personally have had 0 decreases since this started, but it's because I go over my guys daily to make sure it doesn't happen. Most people don't do this and I myself would rather not.

It doesn't have to be that way though. I took an hour to do this: I set all the sparring for my fighters. Then I set the needed amounts of CTs per week. After that I set the secondary training the way I wanted. I was away for three days recently and still no de-pops for me. I don't get as many pops as I used to, but with being able to train 12 sessions per week now, it's not a big difference at all. It might take a bit more time and thinking now, but it's a better GAME now, so props to Mike.

• Upvote 2

When gyms catch up and more people start planning in advance it won't be so bad. So far no gyms have updated their coaches to offer more rounded training, and those of us who mapped out what freezes or drops which tickers have kept it to ourselves. The one time I posted it the thread died right after my post and the OP never updated the thread.

A day or two after the changes I sat down and decided what direction my fighters should go in. I pulled them out of rent-a-coach gyms, scheduled 6 sparring sessions per week, 1-2 CT's, and the remainder of sessions for secondaries. That took an hour. I haven't spent more than 1 minute each day since then making very minor adjustments. The only neg-pop I've had was one in flexibility because I wanted to test it out so I neglected CT's and BJJ sparring with a boxer/wrestler for 2 full weeks.

It's not a lot of work. If anything the changes were too small, but probably a good decision still because the effect will be very gradual and easy to evaluate.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me, or is this a lot of work? At least it feels like work trying to keep my fighters' skills from declining. I like most changes to this game but this makes the game feel like a chore.

How can they be a chore for you? None of are fighters are even close to being monsters. Your fighter stats should be all grey bars.

• Upvote 1

I now people are saying it is a chore to micromanage but it takes me maybe 10 to 15 minutes a day. I often do it on my phone while I'm having lunch or waiting for a meeting to start. The other changes to the presentation of the gyms (i.e. stating what sessions a coach is doing in the drop down menu and telling me how many people are in a session) have made it so that where as before I had to use a note pad to plan my training out now I cna just do it as I go.

I now people are saying it is a chore to micromanage but it takes me maybe 10 to 15 minutes a day. I often do it on my phone while I'm having lunch or waiting for a meeting to start. The other changes to the presentation of the gyms (i.e. stating what sessions a coach is doing in the drop down menu and telling me how many people are in a session) have made it so that where as before I had to use a note pad to plan my training out now I cna just do it as I go.

Exactly. Yes, there are more things to consider when you are setting up your training but it has also been sped up with the new drop down menus. I have set all of my fighters training to now be much more diversified, and although I check on it every day I only have to adjust things once every few days, for like 10 minutes of work.

I just do not understand how so many people can be so devistated by the changes unless you had a quad sensational with 87% of your physicals and 80% of your secondaries already. (in which case you should have a lot more work now)