Do you prefer Clinchwork or Ground n Pound?

Lyoto

44 members have voted

1. 1. ????

I use both pretty heavily to be honest, i cant think of a top guy in the game that dosnt at least have defensive clinch skills, i know a handful that dont use it offensively but thats about it, its just the done thing.

I use GNP to setup my sub attempts but lately i have been over doing the GNP and failing to sub at all... before i can knock the guy out. If i had to take one, Clinch all the way, you can live without GNP if you must... but live without clinch in MMATycoon? crazy talk.

• Upvote 1

Clinchwork essentially covers an entire range of combat, and without it you're helpless there.

GnP covers punching people you're holding down.

Clinchwork it is!

• Upvote 1

Voted gnp as that's my favorite way of ending fights. If the question is what skill is better then my vote should have been clinchwork, much more essential to a fighter than gnp.

i cant think of a top guy in the game that dosnt at least have defensive clinch skills

There are a few that don't even have it defensively really. You can get away with it using really heavy counter.

Against high level opponents, it is much, much easier to land strikes in the clinch than it is to land some ground & pound.

It can be much easier to get into a position for gnp than getting a clinch though.

early matches or in a young organization clinch is king, however I love the gnp a lot more. With the correct sliders you could beat on someone on the ground until their mom comes in with a purse and tries to beat you off their limp son's body...

Clinchwork is a gateway position to everything in MMA. Without clinchwork, your boxing and muay thai skills wouldn't be complete. Without clinchwork, wrestling and BJJ wouldn't be as effective. Clinchwork affects nearly every aspect in the game for setting up gameplans and it amazes me why more people don't work on that skill like they should.

I agree with Deamus in a way, as GnP was part of what I found so alluring about MMA in the first place, and is my favorite aspect of this sport.

I am more of a clinch guy so my vote goes to clinch. I love to just clinch up and do what I want from there, dirty boxing, MT strike, takedowns and etc.