Profile Views Affecting Fighter Popularity

Grey

What do you guys think about a fighter's total profile views affecting his in-game popularity? It'd be a nice way to incorporate the interest of the actual players in a particular fighter with his in-game profile. I'm not sure how to prevent this system from being abused or how profile views are counted but I think that it's a good way to encourage managers to raise the profile of their fighters through the forums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What do you guys think about a fighter's total profile views affecting his in-game popularity? It'd be a nice way to incorporate the interest of the actual players in a particular fighter with his in-game profile. I'm not sure how to prevent this system from being abused or how profile views are counted but I think that it's a good way to encourage managers to raise the profile of their fighters through the forums.

+1 really good idea :smile_anim:

could lead to more people taking advantage of game mechanics and somehow getting their fighter max popularity though. would have to see what mike says to such an idea

• Upvote 1

There is no way I see to implement this without it being taken advantage of, though I like the idea. As it stands now you can log out and look at your own fighters and buff their view count with a clicker or simply by doing it manually.

There is no way I see to implement this without it being taken advantage of, though I like the idea. As it stands now you can log out and look at your own fighters and buff their view count with a clicker or simply my doing it manually.

not to mention how easy it is to spam views with an IP changer, good idea, but it just also brings up a lot of big problems

• Upvote 1

Could it be done that rarther then activly adding to your Popularity it effects your Popularity hidden

Say, lets pick a random number here, every 750 views on the fighters profile page adds 1 point to your Popularity hidden number, so say your fighter has a hidden value of 99 after his 750th view he now has a hidden value of 100

That way its only while fighting you get this extra Popularity boost rarther then spamming it to get max popularity before you even step in the cage for the first time.

Too easy to take advantage of, no way to prevent it from being abused without removing all anonymity from the internet. Would be cool if it was a possibility though.

+1

This topic can be closed. Good idea, but can never been done without people misusing it.

Could it be done that rarther then activly adding to your Popularity it effects your Popularity hidden

Say, lets pick a random number here, every 750 views on the fighters profile page adds 1 point to your Popularity hidden number, so say your fighter has a hidden value of 99 after his 750th view he now has a hidden value of 100

That way its only while fighting you get this extra Popularity boost rarther then spamming it to get max popularity before you even step in the cage for the first time.

this seems like the only way it would work without really getting abused.

or only count +1 to pop per unique username page view> so you could look at your fighters page a million times but only the first time you see it will it boost?

The only thing I could see profile views to be useful for would be maybe your fighters morale! I know most keep their fighters morale pretty high anyways, but thats the only thing I could see it useful for.

I agree with the people saying that using unique page views is the best. It'd be a way of simulating someone's name value. Being popular and a household name means that everyone's heard of you. If more than 75% of the Tycoon user base has clicked on your fighter's profile, he's a household name and it should be a big deal every time he fights.

could lead to more people taking advantage of game mechanics and somehow getting their fighter max popularity though. would have to see what mike says to such an idea

I think this is an awful idea for that reason.

How about Sponsors affecting fighter popularity... and fighter morale.

I agree with the people saying that using unique page views is the best. It'd be a way of simulating someone's name value. Being popular and a household name means that everyone's heard of you. If more than 75% of the Tycoon user base has clicked on your fighter's profile, he's a household name and it should be a big deal every time he fights.

No logic behind that. Well, I mean there is, but it shouldn't affect fighters in game popularity. Just because we have some clown name Dan Torres making post about himself all the time and people clicking on him, doesn't mean he should be rewarded. Imagine the BS post that would flood the forum if that were the case. People like Blixxx and Nunker would have a field day with their daily spam of irrelevent fighter post.

You could easily set it up to track which manager ID's have viewed a fighter profile. This way you could enable it so that your fighter's popularity can not be increased by being viewed by users who are not logged in nor by the manager who represents the fighter. The only way the system could be abused then would be to create a bunch of fake spammer manager accounts. That seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to increase the rep of one of your fighters. In general, nothing is cheat or abuse proof. Systems can always be abused and manipulated, so passing on an idea because it, in theory, could be abused is kind of short-sighted.

This one would be pretty easy to code against tampering in the way I suggested. I think it's a great idea!

+1