Fight engine - feedback

MMATycoon

Well in my last fight it was even wrestling, with his defence probably higher than my offence I hit 3 from 7 at 13% takedowns so like I keep saying, try dropping the % well below 20%

Well in my last fight it was even wrestling, with his defence probably higher than my offence I hit 3 from 7 at 13% takedowns so like I keep saying, try dropping the % well below 20%

And as the rest of us keep trying to impress upon you: with that big of a disparity you should basically be able to go 100% takedowns and expect to get them. Sensational vs Competent is like Lesnar vs Mir levels of wrestling disparity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And as the rest of us keep trying to impress upon you: with that big of a disparity you should basically be able to go 100% takedowns and expect to get them. Sensational vs Competent is like Lesnar vs Mir levels of wrestling disparity.

If having higher wrestling meant you can easily take down a weaker opponent, then there would be no real need to have boxing and muay thai in the game. (now Im not talking sens vs competent, but in general)

If having higher wrestling meant you can easily take down a weaker opponent, then there would be no real need to have boxing and muay thai in the game. (now Im not talking sens vs competent, but in general)

this, its called MIXED martial arts for a reason

I'm not arguing in favour of simply "high wrestling easily takes down weaker opponent", that's a radical oversimplification of my point. What I'm saying is: if the wrestling disparity is massive (Sensational vs Competent for instance with secondaries/physicals to match is a HUGE disparity) then the superior wrestler should be able to get the fight to the ground pretty much whenever they like.

Box/MT would still be very much used because a Sensational wrestler doesn't have anywhere near that big an advantage over a Wonderful wrestler (for example) and therefore cannot simply double leg the guy whenever the hell he likes.

this, its called MIXED martial arts for a reason

Indeed, it's MMA Tycoon not Kickboxing Tycoon.

The people who think Primary is all that matters, when it comes to takedowns, or anything, for that matter, are cute.

Secondaries play a huge, huge part in the equation.

Case in point:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=355499

People who didn't bother to read would be tolerable.. if they didn't insist on posting.

• Upvote 2

Wipe the sand out of your Vagina, Erik. You're not the one who that comment was aimed at.

Speaking ineffective wrestling, this fight (my Sensational++ wrestler with decent physicals against a Competent one)
  • Downvote 1

E: Still not sure what your problem is, considering my link re-affirmed your little rant, to a certain extent.

Inferior wrestler with superior takedowns, took down a superior wrestler, with I can only assume inferior takedown defense. 50% of the time.

Unless you, or others, can provide concrete examples that your fighter with xxx stats, was unable to takedown a fighter with yyy, stats, it's all hearsay, and confirmation bias, which isn't something that helps Mike nail down any problems, IF they exist.

• Downvote 1

I'm not arguing in favour of simply "high wrestling easily takes down weaker opponent", that's a radical oversimplification of my point. What I'm saying is: if the wrestling disparity is massive (Sensational vs Competent for instance with secondaries/physicals to match is a HUGE disparity) then the superior wrestler should be able to get the fight to the ground pretty much whenever they like.

Box/MT would still be very much used because a Sensational wrestler doesn't have anywhere near that big an advantage over a Wonderful wrestler (for example) and therefore cannot simply double leg the guy whenever the hell he likes.

With all that stats, yea thats huge but it clearly wasnt the case - the better wrestler was unable to take him down, land ANY gnp or survive striking, suggesting he was outmatched in secondaries and/or signigicantly in physicals and/or had really bad sliders set up. Sens vs wonderful doesnt hold that big an advantage, but still its 2 levels, excep vs excep lands 25 %, how much do you think should the sens vs wond land and under what slider conditions?

both my wrestlers lost today and they both had huge advantages in wrestling over their opponents. my wrestlers are now 0-15 for takedowns. So i guess i should cut them and just create kickboxers now? -so aggravated

• Upvote 2

both my wrestlers lost today and they both had huge advantages in wrestling over their opponents. my wrestlers are now 0-15 for takedowns. So i guess i should cut them and just create kickboxers now? -so aggravated

Do you mean the fight where you landed the takedown (1/1) and got subbed or the one where you spammed TDs with competent vs superb wrestling?

Erm, you realise your manager profile is linked to your forums account, right?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=347179

You were a severe disadvantage in wrestling, and must have been set to 100% Takedowns, as that's all you did, over the course of 1.5 minutes.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=347185

You went for one takedown, were successful with it, but were then subbed.

How exactly does that in any way tie in to what you said above?

E:

Beaten by Xyel.

This is the problem, though, you get people who may have genuine concerns about the takedowns landing, since the changes, getting completely overshadowed by people who lie, exaggerate, or are just suffering a severe case of confirmation bias.

I'm not sure what to think. My takedowns hit vs attempted is horrendous (especially when my guys have superior wrestling), but I've won most of the fights so I guess I can't complain.

Wasnt talking about the sub. Reread silva's stats and he was out skilled in wrestling. thought it was the other way around. Just aggravated cause i spent hours planning the fights out. Rereading opponents previous fights and using hierarchy charts to map the best game plan and my fighters suck. Its obviously me, just cant figure out this game.

Edit: ignore my comments im being a ninny baby. This game just has me caring to much sometimes.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=72759

This elite wrestler looked like shit against me. lol

Takedowns are FUCKED.

Here we go again.....

He came into the fight on no energy, and was gassed within the first few seconds.

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Rangarajan throws a nice hook to the body that draws an oooh from the crowd.

Rangarajan fakes with a right hand and throws a good leg kick, right into the thigh. That had to hurt Williams.

Williams is breathing heavily.

He tried 1 takedown, which wasn't successful. His previous match (before the changes), saw him try 9 takesdowns, of which 1 was successful.

While I've been having a pretty shitty time at securing normal takedowns, my success rate at takedowns from the clinch seems to be way up since the fight engine change. Coincidence maybe.

• Upvote 1

While I've been having a pretty shitty time at securing normal takedowns, my success rate at takedowns from the clinch seems to be way up since the fight engine change. Coincidence maybe.

Other way around for me actually. Pretty curious indeed. Almost as if, oh, I dunno, SLIDERS had something to do with it. Nah, that's just silly of me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1