Poll, should champion fight top contenders?

should champion face the next contender despite skill difference  

89 members have voted

1. 1. should champion face the next contender despite skill difference.

My only decline I was in Joel Nicola's org before I knew his involvment. I was the champion and he tried to set me up with his brother's 0-0 project. The 20 hype minimum wasn't even in place yet. He only had 10.

How dare you :P Hand picking opponents is why your record is so good I bet :yeahright:

I had never considered turning down fights as the champ, I might still hold a few belts had I declined a few. I thought there is never any reason barring injury why a champ cant defend once a month.

No matter where you are from or what language you speak you are wrong to decline fights as a champ.You are getting shit advice and Im wondering if your mentor turns down fights with his champs. Im thinking they dont look like much so he likely does.

Dont make yourself look like a bigger dumbass then you already have and defend your belt or be prepared to sit and not fight.

Can a belt be stripped and fighter not released? Could Org owner could make another belt and just let you sit with yours till contract expires?

I had never considered turning down fights as the champ, I might still hold a few belts had I declined a few. I thought there is never any reason barring injury why a champ cant defend once a month.

No matter where you are from or what language you speak you are wrong to decline fights as a champ.You are getting shit advice and Im wondering if your mentor turns down fights with his champs. Im thinking they dont look like much so he likely does.

Dont make yourself look like a bigger dumbass then you already have and defend your belt or be prepared to sit and not fight.

Can a belt be stripped and fighter not released? Could Org owner could make another belt and just let you sit with yours till contract expires?

Ya you can strip and keep him around. A WAY funnier thing would be to jump the rest of the division up to SHW, and have them compete there. I think he already has a SHW Champ though, and I'm not sure the status of that fighter.

CBD Можно тут долго и нудно лить грязь!Но всё равно тебе придётся со мной договариваться сынок!Тебя уже здесь все пожалели малыш,а теперь мне интересно как ты хочешь говорить со мной?Ты уже показал какой ты ссыкливый и беспомощный руководитель!

Ты раздарженны ?

• Upvote 1

wall of text >.>

but... I own an org... if my champ declines ANY fight, i strip his belt. Champs dont pick their opponents champs defend their belt

(although I dont offer the champ a fight while hes injured or has "resting" selected")

This is silly now. Everyone knows you can't say no to any fight once you become the Champ, unless you have a hand injury then you can say no, but once it gets cleared when that contender has another bout signed you can then take a fight again on the same timeline as the initial one :P

But for realz I think once you're a Champ it's your JOB to accept any proper contenders as your next opponent as long as you're healthy or will be come fight night since we all know injuries don't effect training at this point.

I agree a champion should fight all offers. Except, when the organization owner pulls in a guy that hasnt fought in the organization yet and gets first crack at the champ.

if they are a VERY clear number one contender, then i don't see a problem with it. should GSP have declined to fight nick diaz?

What a tool.

I can't believe Hague is the champ of HWP. My project fighter almost beat him and I dropped him right after...thinking that he was unable to put away some scrub. Guess I should have kept that guy around.

Either way, HWP has always been awesome and the owner has always been a stand up guy with fair matchmaking. End of story.

• Downvote 1

C Bd Well done girl, you have paid all that hurt, I'm for truth and for his honesty! You do not understand these words, many people don `t know what you're laid out that you benefit! Fact that you yourself to me could not solve this issue shows what you're helpless head! well you pishy here in the forums and I look forward to when you begin to conduct yourself like a man and talk to me!

P/S : And still do not understand my English - Learn Russian!

and now it's your turn to be a man.

Either approve the fight, or decline it and set a date more to your liking.

Don't be a total pussy and just let the offer sit unchecked in your inbox.

You logged in today

Last login GMT (y/m/d):

2011-09-08 07:43:53

It's been over a week now..... that is pretty weak.

• Downvote 1

cool, thanks.....

I understand when people need time in between fights, I was just wanting to do my training today for the week and was trying to get an answer on that.

Good Luck,

- see if I can avoid getting tapped out by that sub machine.

• Upvote 1

Ok, havent had time to check this.... so ill just quickly recap the events after i left this thread.

he kept trying hard to do the same thing he has been, but i repeatedly told him that he must defend the title then give coleman a rematch.

he doesnt trust me and i can dig that (i can understand). I feel the same way towards him. At the end of the day i think he finally let the anger go and realized his mistakes. I am not good at handling controversy, but i think we at least have the majority of this situation worked out.

I just hope that others can learn from this situation so its not just pointless hate that was spread. Im glad vova stepped up and deceded to do the right thing and i thank him very much for continuing to communicate and take a chance.

I dont think ill really resent this situation in the future if it works out, and i hope vova can understand why i had to do this. I event messaged everyone in my org and said that if he wins this next match hes going to be the second person going into the HWP HOF. Sure, hes not even close to being the best fighter but if you cant understand why he deserves the chance then idk what to say.

Beating coleman was huge, but could have been a fluke (prob). beating zimmerman after? I dont think anyone in tycoon history has ever accomplished a feat such as that. The HOF represents fighters that have accomplished things (not gained high primaries! lol) that are viewed to be rare + loyal to HWP + the definition of greatness.

rare = too be that early in his 25yr old career to beat a monster such as zimmerman? enough right there.

loyal to HWP = .... very lacking! but at the end of the day he defended his title and he plans on following through with his contract. so what was harmed? someones feelings? i will chalk this up to a rookie mistake and misunderstanding and i will cut him some slack here.

greatness = the one and only person ever in tycoon history to overcome adversity of this level and win despite being the biggest underdog since overeem leg kicked that 12yr old girl on youtube.

good luck vova,

peace?