TUF 14- Mayhem vs Pissping

Face Kicker

Personally, i would throw Kendall Grove into the mix for worst tuf winner, but thats my opinion on this.

Kendall has been mediocre, but the Middleweight bracket of TUF 3 had Ed Herman's name all over it, and he bottled it a bit in the final. I think Herman would dominate Grove in a rematch.

Tom.... I have to say that in all the seasons of TUF there hasn't been one like season 9 where there has been no talent whatsoever and no top tier wrestlers from America. I'm a Brit, and a Bisping fan, but it is suspicious to say the least that not one talented MMA fighter from America wanted to fight against Britain that year

Not into conspiracy theorum but it was clear the fighters selected from the usa were very low caliber and no stand-out wrestlers were considered to make sure it wasn't a walkover for one team due to the lack of wrestling in the UK (which is our Achilles heel as we only wrestle once we start to train MMA as a rule)

Haha when us guys loose vs brit guys they call some conspiracy theorum .

The truth is it was the only season they didn't give easy matchs up to american fighters .

It really annoys me when Hardy talks smack about wrestling, if you think wrestlers suck learn how to defend a takedown! Liddell and Dos Santos should be the ideal role models for strikers who only want to strike. Exceptional takedown defence and if they do go down they know what to do to get up before the wrestler can get leverage.

There were a couple of solid guys on season 12 but I cant think of a Lightweight on Season 8 that would make it to a decision against Pearson, let alone beat him! Escudero, Browning and Nover were the top dogs at 155 in that season right? I think Pearson eats all of them for breakfast and I'd give Winner a good shot at Browning at least, who was comically over rated by the coaches and fans alike. I think Nam Phan and Brookins on Season 12 would have been interesting match ups for Pearson but in summary, Pearson is as legit a TUF winner as anyone before or since and he certainly wasn't given a free ride into the UFC. I think Demarques Johnson and James Wilks deserve to be in the UFC but as little more than guys to make up the numbers on prelim cards.

Out of interest, you think that TUF 9 was set up to make UK fighters look good, do you also think that TUF 10 was set up with so many absolutely god awful Heavyweights in order to have Kimbo Slice win the show and get into the UFC and it backfired in that Kimbo sucked next to even dreadful fighters? I think there is a little more merit to that argument because unlike the UK thing, the Kimbo thing would have actually had huge financial benefit for the UFC. As it is the UFC is in danger of losing the UK market given their screwing around the fans with switching TV broadcasting for different events coupled with the horribly cheap events they put on over here the last 2 times.

Dana wanted Kimbo to lose bad. He was annoyed Nelson didn't finish him more impressively. Like with Fedor Dana invited him to make an example of him.

Dana wanted Kimbo to lose bad. He was annoyed Nelson didn't finish him more impressively. Like with Fedor Dana invited him to make an example of him.

werd. the only reason kimbo was invited to the show was for the ratings (obviously) and to get him embarrassed in order to shut up anybody who thought that a backyard or back-alley brawler could hang with well rounded fighters in mma. and yeah, i think everybody was disappointed in nelson for just taking the LNP approach when he could have mauled him in many ways.

Here's the breakdown of TUF winners from seasons 1-3 and 5-9 and some of the wins/losses (Note: UFC W-L records do not include finale win)

Diego Sanchez: 11-4

Won: Nick Diaz, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson

Lost: Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, BJ Penn

Forrest Griffin: 8-5

Won: Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Rich Franklin

Lost: Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Anderson Silva

Joe Stevenson: 7-8 (Out of UFC)

Won: Melvin Guillard, Nate Diaz, Spencer Fisher

Lost: Kenny Florian, George Sotiropoulos, Danny Castillo

Rashad Evans: 10-1-1

Won: Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Thiago Silva

Lost: Lyoto Machida

Kendall Grove: 6-6 (Out of UFC)

Won: Alan Belcher, Evan Tanner, Jake Rosholt

Lost: Jorge Rivera, Mark Munoz, Ricardo Almeida

Michael Bisping: 10-3

Won: Chris Leben, Matt Hamill, Yoshihiro Akiyama

Lost: Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva

Nate Diaz: 8-5

Won: Josh Neer, Melvin Guillard, Takanori Gomi

Lost: Clay Guida, Gray Maynard, Rory MacDonald

Mac Danzig: 3-5

Won: Mark Bocek, Joe Stevenson

Lost: Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Matt Wiman twice

Amir Sadollah: 4-3

Won: Phil Baroni, DaMarques Johnson

Lost: Johny Hendricks, Dong Hyun Kim, Duane Ludwig

Efrain Escudero: 2-2 (out of UFC)

Won: Cole Miller, Dan Lauzon

Lost: Evan Dunham, Charles Oliveira

Ryan Bader: 4-2

Won: Keith Jardine, Lil' Nog

Lost: Jon Jones, Tito Ortiz

Ross Pearson: 3-2

Won: Dennis Siver, Spencer Fisher

Lost: Cole Miller, Edson Barboza

James Wilks: 1-2

Won: Peter Sobotta

Lost: Matt Brown, Claude Patrick

Here's the breakdown of TUF winners from seasons 1-3 and 5-9 (Note: UFC W-L records do not include finale win)

Diego Sanchez: 11-4

Forrest Griffin: 8-5

Joe Stevenson: 7-8

Rashad Evans: 10-1-1

Kendall Grove: 7-6

Michael Bisping: 10-3

Nate Diaz: 8-5

Mac Danzig: 3-5

Amir Sadollah: 4-3

Efrain Escudero: 2-2 (out of UFC)

Ryan Bader: 4-2

Ross Pearson: 3-2

James Wilks: 1-2

That doesn't really tell us anything since the guys from the early series' have had a lot more time in the UFC to make an impact and also were fed very easy fights after winning the show before moving up, where as recent seasons' winners have been thrown straight in at the deep end (and rightly so). Also funny why you left out Season 4 when the winner of that show pulled off the biggest upset in MMA history!!! I think Evans, Bisping and Diaz are head and shoulders above any other TUF winner so far (based on how good they were when they won the show as well as what they became), but really expect big things from Pearson whose 3-2 is deceiving since he got robbed in Brazil. McGee also has potential but he has a lot to learn still.

I think the reason he left off season 4 is that all of those guys had fought in the UFC before the series and this was for another shit there with the instant title shot to the winner

*SPOILER* (I'm sure most of you have seen it but since nobody has discussed the most recent ep I thought I'd put this just incase!)

OK, even though I dont mind Bisping, I was absolutely crying with laughter when he fell off the table celebrating his air hockey win! There's nothing funnier than someone falling over when over celebrating! Nothing at all! Hahahaha!

*SPOILER* (I'm sure most of you have seen it but since nobody has discussed the most recent ep I thought I'd put this just incase!)

OK, even though I dont mind Bisping, I was absolutely crying with laughter when he fell off the table celebrating his air hockey win! There's nothing funnier than someone falling over when over celebrating! Nothing at all! Hahahaha!

That was the funniest part of the season. Even better then their prank last week.

I still see Pague getting a fight at the finale. He is still very young and has lots of talent. Dillashaw does have a hell of a chin, but his finale fight could be one of the most boring fights on the card.

Yeah, absolutely hilarious! I think a lot of the guys from this season will get an opportunity at the finale, the gameness and entertainment value of the fighters has been great, and the frantic pace the smaller guys fight at just adds to the excitment. I think Dillashaw will win the finale, he's a tough guy and very good at implimenting his game plan at this level. He has a lot to learn before he becomes a big deal in the UFC though but he seems to have a good work ethic so will be interesting to see him develop. I'm sure Akira will get a fight at the finale aswell as Pague and probably both of the other 2 semi final losers. A fight between Brimage and Louis would be fun I think even though they both lost at the quarter final stage.

• 2 weeks later...

not very surprised by the two fights tonight, but nice wins by both fighters. should be a great finale this weekend :thumbup:

did i miss an episode or something though? i remember seeing donkeys in an episode preview, but i don't remember seeing donkeys at all this season. in hindsight i'm guessing they were with the mariachi band prank the bisping did, but if they were i didn't see 'em.

not very surprised by the two fights tonight, but nice wins by both fighters. should be a great finale this weekend :thumbup:

did i miss an episode or something though? i remember seeing donkeys in an episode preview, but i don't remember seeing donkeys at all this season. in hindsight i'm guessing they were with the mariachi band prank the bisping did, but if they were i didn't see 'em.

There was only one and the amount of time you saw in the preview was about how long they showed in the episode (I believe it was two episodes ago btw).

Should be a great finale. Definitely going to be watching. Brandao should beat Bermudez in the 1st. Dodson destroys Dillashaw and ends it in the 2nd.

Was anyone else disgusted with how much unneccessary punishment Rosenthal allowed Carraway to take before stopping that fight? Sure he takes plaudits for his unwillingness to stop fights when the guy comes back to win or put on a great fight (Lesnar/Carwin, Shogun/Henderson), but this was absolutely horrendous. Carraway should have been stopped at least 15 strikes prior to losing conciousness. Terrible refereeing. The referees primary concern is not the fight being entertaining, its the fighters being safe, and I think Rosenthal needs reminding of this, regardless of how much people praised him for that Brock/Carwin instance. It was clear that Carraway was done even when Diego allowed him back to his feet and he was staggering around yet still Rosenthal waited for him to go out cold.

I'm really impressed with the little guy (the snitch) he avoid all the power shot by moving just a little and he counter a lot of others shot,his opponents gassed throwing heavy shot while the snitch was really technical and showed great skills in despite the tall difference.

I don't know if he's in the same weightclass than Diego but i think he could beat him easily.