Tier Zero QFCs

Grey

My proposal is that a new manager should be able to do a QFC fight in a special tier reserved solely for them. This fight should occur on the same day as signup, not result in any energy losses, and not show up on your record. Basically, new managers get one quick and free shot at trying out the fight engine before diving into the proper game. No energy losses is important because it'd be really annoying to sign up for a game and find out that you can't do any training until a week from now.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm for this idea...I really can't see how it would be taken advantage of... providing it's only available to New sign ups on their FIRST fight only...makes a lot of sense....

It's fine for the second manager who sees the booked fight as soon as they press the button.

But what about the first manager who signed in, put their fighter in the waiting list, logged out, whilst they were logged out a fight was booked, then the fight happened before they even logged back in again.

It's fine for the second manager who sees the booked fight as soon as they press the button.

But what about the first manager who signed in, put their fighter in the waiting list, logged out, whilst they were logged out a fight was booked, then the fight happened before they even logged back in again.

Haha, that's what I was going to say. How would the first manager set his sliders?

Maybe this has been proposed before, but what if there were available "instant" fights against "Tycoon system fighters", fighters from each category with a "new build" skill set.

When i say "instant", i mean something that happens within the next hour or so.

Basically what i am thinking about, is when a new user has created his first fighter, he gets the option of 4 system fights, fights that DO NOT count on anyone's record, basically practice fights.

He gets one fight against each skill, with pointers after the fight, on how he could have set his sliders better, or can click a button giving him "system proposed" slider settings( a button that disappears after those 4 fights). Those 4 fights have to be taken prior to any "real" game fight.

I don't know if this is workable or not, but this would give any new user a "taste" of what's to come, with a very possible instant gratification and a learning process to go along with it.

The system fighters would have to be made with relatively "low hiddens" stat, to enhance the likelihood of instant gratification etc...

If this is unworkable, then obviously it falls flat on its backside,,,, but if it is workable, then it would be interesting to get feedback and possible additions to this idea, as i think it is a decent one....

Grasman just said basically what I was going to propose after I saw Mike's posts about the problem.

If there was a 'System fighter' set up who could fight everyone in a practice fight it would solve the problem of one person getting an advanatge over the other, he would always be avaliable as he doesn't lose energy/moral since its just a practice fight and could be booked any number of times a day to fight everyone who uses the option.

Maybe this has been proposed before, but what if there were available "instant" fights against "Tycoon system fighters", fighters from each category with a "new build" skill set.

When i say "instant", i mean something that happens within the next hour or so.

Basically what i am thinking about, is when a new user has created his first fighter, he gets the option of 4 system fights, fights that DO NOT count on anyone's record, basically practice fights.

He gets one fight against each skill, with pointers after the fight, on how he could have set his sliders better, or can click a button giving him "system proposed" slider settings( a button that disappears after those 4 fights). Those 4 fights have to be taken prior to any "real" game fight.

I don't know if this is workable or not, but this would give any new user a "taste" of what's to come, with a very possible instant gratification and a learning process to go along with it.

The system fighters would have to be made with relatively "low hiddens" stat, to enhance the likelihood of instant gratification etc...

If this is unworkable, then obviously it falls flat on its backside,,,, but if it is workable, then it would be interesting to get feedback and possible additions to this idea, as i think it is a decent one....

This is really good. Mike brought up a valid concern and Grasman's idea nailed the solution. Feed the noobs a can right off the bat to hook them. Another flaw with my original plan was that half of all new managers would start off with a loss. That wouldn't be good for user retention. With Grasman's idea, we could solve that.

just give them a fight against an NPC with all primaries at woeful, and all secondaries and physicals at feeble. (and below-average hiddens). an NPC with a build like that would prob lose at least 75-85% of their fights, even against a shitty build.

I like this idea, as long as it's only for a manger's first fight, it doesn't count for or against their record and it doesn't cost them energy. Then i see no harm in it.