The price of housing

MMATycoon

How should we manage the price of housing?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How should we manage the price of housing?

• Reflect real world prices
    • Uniform prices across all cities
    • Prices reflect number of fighters in city, so busier cities are more expensive

No, I'm suggesting that the game develop its own economic and housing market apart from the real world. For all intents and purposes, these aren't real cities, they are our manifestations of real cities. By using a base population from the game cities actual population and considering the population of surrounding cities, you determine where people are, where the "jobs" are, and how much housing should cost in those areas.

in that case, then it should just be based off of city population, and perhaps include the average hype of the top 5 orgs in each city as a modifier.

i think the energy-loss from travel is a different issue entirely, although i 100% agree that energy costs need to be adjusted. in my opinion it should NEVER take more than 3 (maybe 4) rest sessions to get back to 100% energy. *edit* (when visiting, i can see it taking double energy to move)

you might want to do the math on that. 100 bucks a day adds up pretty fast, and can relatively quickly exceed the cost of moving.

for example:

fighter based in L.A. that trains in N.Y.

daily living cost- $100

vs.

cost to move between L.A. and N.Y. - $5,000

this means that if you're training in N.Y. for 50 days (roughly the training time for 2 fights) you've already spent as much as it would have cost to just move their base there instead. so, if you have a contract for more than a couple fights, you're definitely better off moving base instead of paying for a hotel.

But u lose morale when moving base.

lol how is it a pain in the ass? don't you change clothes daily anyway?

Daily?

I change when I need to because it is tedious.

The moral and energy hit are what matter to me.

98%...my only guys at 95-96% r guys workn their way bak from a loss, or guys that haven't fought in a really long time.

oh ok, that's not as bad as i thought. it's been a while since i went more than 2 days without changing gear, and even longer since i had a fighter wear anything rated below 140. :P

Daily?

I change when I need to because it is tedious.

The moral and energy hit are what matter to me.

yeah, takes 60 seconds tops so i do it when i set training. i just switch everyones clothes to something else, and throw away any gear that's down to 140. i don't actually look at what i'm putting them in. a couple days before a fight i'll usually make them use custom skins if i have em, otherwise i just change up between normal gear.

i never understood why we need money sinks in the first place. it's not like a manager or fighter having a bunch of money automatically makes him win more often or something. why is it inherently a bad thing if someone wants to hoard money?

i like hoarding money. i like to look in my account and see a large number there...it's called tycoon, after all.

but some people prolly don't think that hoarding money is fun. money that has no use is useless...that sort of thing. money sinks aren't necessary for me (and obviously u) but i think they are if that's what the majority wants. besides, it does kind of force us to try and make even more money than we were before...so we can hoard! lol.

sunday to sunday leaves them at 140. i used to throw away at 146 lol.

if i had been laundering through a clothing company instead of a supp company i'd prob be throwing away at 148 half the time lol, but all my laundry has been with worthless supps that i just throw away when they arrive.

i like hoarding money. i like to look in my account and see a large number there...it's called tycoon, after all.

but some people prolly don't think that hoarding money is fun. money that has no use is useless...that sort of thing. money sinks aren't necessary for me (and obviously u) but i think they are if that's what the majority wants. besides, it does kind of force us to try and make even more money than we were before...so we can hoard! lol.

i think i'm one of the few (maybe the only?) weird people here that constantly monitors their manager account to ensure it always has the same amount of money in it. i've had $666,666.66 in my account for like a year lol.

i think i'm one of the few (maybe the only?) weird people here that constantly monitors their manager account to ensure it always has the same amount of money in it. i've had $666,666.66 in my account for like a year lol.

i used to make sure i stayed above $400k but i had a few youngsters that were freeloading so they kinda fukt that all up for me...bastards.

All of the fighters at my gym are members of a cult. Does this mean that they can all live in one house and give up monetary possessions for heavenly pleasures? Denying these fighters their religious customs is of course a human rights violation and shows the inherent bias this game and it's creators have against Beastism.